Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Managerial Changes

From the Sports Shots website

Wolverton Town FC are pleased to announce the appointment of Mike Ringer as 1st team manager with Paul Fisher as his assistant, and also Bob Hewer as club coach. We look forward to prosperous and successful seasons ahead, and a long period of stability.

We would also like to announce the appointment of Dale Collins to the position of players representative on the committee.

Ringer, whose Father was part of the coaching team at Portsmouth in the 1960s, played for Godalming Town (1984/85, 85/86) in the Combined Counties League, before being a trialist at Fratton Park in 1986/87. Spells at Hanwell Town (1987/88) in the London Spartan League and Yeading (1989/1990) in the Isthmian League, Division 2 followed.

On arrival in Milton Keynes, Ringer began his involvement in youth coaching with Southside United where he enjoyed success, including an U15s league title. Other youth honours followed with the Willen World Cup Runners up (2008, 2010), Mursley tournament Winners (2009, 2010) and City Colts Tournament Winners (2008, 2009, 2010).

In senior football, Ringer has managed the Buckingham Town Development side, plus been Caretaker Assistant manager with the club. Manager and Assistant manager spells at Stony Stratford Town’s second string, plus a brief Assistant manager’s role at Winslow United are also on Ringer’s footballing CV.

Ringer joined Wolverton Town in December 2013 as Reserve team manager but now makes the step up to take charge of the first team at The New Park.

The new manager told Sports Shots “We have been hard working on expanding the club over the past few months, with a Development team playing in the North Bucks along with a Sunday team now playing under our banner.

“The acting Chairman Scott Humphries has put faith in myself and the team to look to give instant stability to the club and a visionary plan to build the club’s playing staff up with the passion and desire we all show for the game, bringing the younger players through by developing them from an early age in not only their technical ability but their mental approach to the adult game.”

From the Sports Shots website

Kit Bamber has contacted Sports Shots after making the difficult decision to leave his role as 1st team Head Coach at Spartan South Midlands League, Division 1 side Winslow United.

Bamber, a very good friend of the site, wished to publicly thank everyone at Elmfields gate for an enjoyable two years at the club and explain his decision.

“The break over the summer has given me time to reflect on the previous season and look forward to the forthcoming season as to where I see myself. I had to weigh up my work life and how much time I can commit to Winslow United and South Midlands Division 1 football. I didn’t want to be a part-time coach at a fantastic club that required a full-time coach, where full commitment is needed. I take my responsibility and commitment seriously and would not want to be in a position by doing things by half” Bamber told Sports Shots.

It is often a modern-day issue where family and work life mean that people are unable to commit the time that the role requires.

“I have had contact and conversations with clubs from division 2 (Spartan South Midlands League) and I have decided that it is right for me to step down and help develop players and a team at another level.

“The decision has been hard and has taken me weeks to get my head around the ‘right decision’ being made” he explained.

Despite making the tough choice to leave United, Bamber was keen to express his thanks to a club where he has enjoyed his time.

“Winslow United has been fantastic and they are a club that has definitely moved forward since stepping up from division 2. Working with Perry for the first season was tough for both of us, and I take my hat off to him and Pete for sticking with it when we were all under pressure. Last season we really progressed as a team and a club. Perry brought Terry Shrieves in and we all worked well together with coaching sessions and further development to move things forward. Winslow United has a lot of talented youngsters and I enjoyed every minute, putting on sessions and trying to help the development those players we had. Plus with the mix of older players like Vinny, Browny, Bussy, Claude & Jakub I felt it gave the squad a good balance. A lot of people will judge Perry on reputation, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and along with Pete & Terry they have given their all to get Winslow up to division 1 standard. Their hard work ethic has to be greatly admired by all and it definitely is by me” said Bamber.

Bamber to Aston Clinton?

Wolverine as a coach more likely. If he can't commit full time as he says taking on a manager position might be a stretch. Kit is a top fella and a good coach, but doesn't have enough contacts as yet to bring in a full squad of players. Wish him all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Perry and coaches and players have jacked, glad they all managed to hang around for the big friendly before they all magically f^cked off, strange that eh? Thinking that I've done my bit as a player and off the pitch and now living far away I may just step away from it now. Be interesting to see what happens next. May well promote res to firsts and they'll be lambs to slaughter not much chance of getting anyone in.