Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Richard Scudamore's Sexist Comments

Rhodes

You couldn't match Gray and Keyes for their enthusiasm though could you

No and it is such a shame that their taste can't be trusted at the same time Rhodesly.

To be totally honest with you I feel you can't help but make yourself look a bit foolish with your never ending one man crusade against progress, possibly you were born in the wrong century.

If this non-event is the best that can be done to drum up something of alleged interest. it will be a LONG summer for those unfortunate not to have a healthy and fulfilling life outside of football. ( Forget the World Cup, unless it's with the sound down and minus the xenophobic and state the bleedin obvious outpourings of smug journos and opportunist old timers)

No and it is such a shame that their taste can't be trusted at the same time Rhodesly.

Loosely - Yes but what's wrong with a bit of harmless tongue in cheek fun now and again, in the 60's and 70's when we were happily growing up nobody would have batted an eyelid even if Kenneth Wolstenholme, David Coleman or Brian Moore had said something similar or worse during a commentary

Loosely - Yes but what's wrong with a bit of harmless tongue in cheek fun now and again, in the 60's and 70's when we were happily growing up nobody would have batted an eyelid even if Kenneth Wolstenholme, David Coleman or Brian Moore had said something similar or worse during a commentary

Rhodesly - why don't you tell me? As a civil servant I'd bet you have had to attend training on the subject. Perhaps you can tell us how well tongue in cheek comments go down in front of the ladies?

Loosely – What on earth are you talking about now, what has my place of work got to do with anything, in any case I work with many female Military personnel who have been used to such throw-away comments throughout their respective careers in the Army, Navy and Air Force and wouldn’t bat an eyelid

Rhodesly - obviously you don't want to talk about any disciplinary measures taken against you but perhaps you would be prepared to let us know some of the things you still feel able to say in a tongue in cheek manner to your female colleagues in the office. We're all ears Rhodesly. All ears.

Loosely – You seem to wait with bated breath for me to post don’t you, is that really all you have to look forward to in life these days. I really don’t know what this has to do with Richard Scudamore’s in-appropriate sexist comments

Wow Rhodesly - Obviously I've touched on a huge nerve there with you and if you don't want to talk about your "expertise" in making "tongue-in-cheek" comments to female colleagues then just say but if you don't want a conversation on a topic then all you have to do is stop initiating them with comments such as this one towards myself.

Honestly Rhodesly, if you aren't able to have a civilised conversation then you need to avoid these forums where that is what you get when you quote someone with examples such as the below:

Perhaps you are simply past it old man.

Loosely – Why don’t you just admit that you are in the twilight of your life now and have little or nothing to look forward to anymore. I have it on good authority from our mutual friend in Essex that you stay at home all day long lounging on the sofa with your laptop which would confirm my point that you wait patiently for me to post and then spring into life with an immediate rebuttal, whatever the subject.

Rhodesly - this is your typical MO when the kitchen gets too hot for you isn't it? Instead of continuing a conversation on a topic you run for this old chestnut. Crikey, your mutual friend was given some duff info if that is all he has to pass onto you and I have to admit it's a tough old life having to retire on a good income at 48, travelling a fair bit, maybe a couple of cruises a year, well we can't all keep working on until we've scraped a civil service pension together can we?

Anyway, looks like Rhodesly is running scared of backing up his outrageous claims of mixing it with military personnel and giving service women a cheeky remark or two, can't imagine why the topic has suddenly become too hot for him to touch. Maybe he's been in trouble enough already and his masters already have half an eye on his internet discussions these days, dear oh dear  :D  :D  :D

I sense another 100 pager coming along :D

Sorry to say it's doubtful cuppa old mate, Rhodesly is a bit shy of the topic suddenly for some reason or other. 

Loosely – You’ve just proved my exact point, you wait patiently for me to post and then spring into life with an immediate rebuttal of whatever it is I have posted, if I said the sky or the sea was blue you would disagree. What has all this got to do with Richard Scudamore anyway, aren’t you surprised that he hasn’t done the honourable thing as yet and resigned his lofty position at the Premier League following his sexist comments.

What has all this got to do with Richard Scudamore anyway, aren’t you surprised that he hasn’t done the honourable thing as yet and resigned his lofty position at the Premier League following his sexist comments.

Wearing your two hats again Mr Rhodes - you post that Richard Scudamore should resign for his remarks but in same thread you post that Andy Gray and Richard Keys should have just got a slap on the wrist for their remarks

Most football 'pundits' aren't interested in football at all !  All they want to do is expand their bank balances.  Many of them knew full well that they would never make it into football 'management', so took the easy option of making a few bob.

At my advancing years, I tend to NOT watch and listen their ramblings.

It's far too easy in hindsight to 'replay' on screen with little arrows, graphics and lines to show 'what went wrong''.

Say what you want IMHO.  BUT please say it convincingly, and not for the discerning public to pick up on.

Playing/officiating at a game is one thing..........

Criticising is far too easy !

Edited by Big J R

Loosely – You’ve just proved my exact point, you wait patiently for me to post and then spring into life with an immediate rebuttal of whatever it is I have posted, if I said the sky or the sea was blue you would disagree. What has all this got to do with Richard Scudamore anyway, aren’t you surprised that he hasn’t done the honourable thing as yet and resigned his lofty position at the Premier League following his sexist comments.

So you can't back up your outrageous comments with any acceptable examples of tongue in cheek remarks?

Honestly Rhodesly, I wish you'd just be honest and either not try and come across billy big bollox or say you were wrong. Case rested.

As for answering your question, in future either don't try to pretend you have any genuine contributions yourself or answer other peoples questions when they are put to you. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

It looks like Scudamore's days are numbered according to this article, it's a crying shame as he has actually done a very good job as Chief Executive of the Premier League:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2628566/Richard-Scudamore-fight-save-Premier-League-job-FA-figures-Government-condemnation-sexist-emails-scandal.html

Surely he has to go having admitted to the 'inappropriate comments' he made in personal e-mails given to the Sunday Mirror by a former personal secretary:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27361047

Mr Rhodes above your post to start the thread yet your latest comment is

it's a crying shame as he has actually done a very good job as Chief Executive of the Premier League: '

Sitting on the middle of the fence again are we?

Edited by Karen Browne

Karen - He has to go but it's a crying shame, that's what I meant, it was the same with Richard Keyes and Andy Gray and Sky tv are far worse off without them as will the Premier League if Scudamore does resign or is sacked