Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Clapham

Steps 1-4 2014/15 Season

So there could be 13 teams in Div 1 next year.

If Alton go to Hellenic ,Dorking fold,South Kilburn have resigned.

The funny thing is Dorking Wanderers being slap bang in the middle of CCL Territory,plying their trade in the Sussex League,could they be moved over at Horley's expense by the F.A?

So there could be 13 teams in Div 1 next year.

If Alton go to Hellenic ,Dorking fold,South Kilburn have resigned.

The funny thing is Dorking Wanderers being slap bang in the middle of CCL Territory,plying their trade in the Sussex League,could they be moved over at Horley's expense by the F.A?

'Wanderers' have already made their views quite clear in the local press.

Thanks Mark,you read my mind.Kroons what does WTF stand for,Watch the Fat ;)

No that would be WTFG ;)

Hartley Wintney to Hellenic with another club coming to the CCL I hear!

The step 5 and 6 promotions and sideways moves that are decided by the FA were released yesterday. The rest is down to the leagues at this level.

Based on that it looks like the CCL Premier Division next season will be:

Ashford Town (Middx)

Badshot Lea

Bedfont Sports

Camberley Town

Chertsey Town

Colliers Wood United

Cove

Epsom & Ewell

Eversley & California

Farnham Town

Frimley Green

Hanworth Villa

Hartley Wintney

Guildford City

Horley Town

Knaphill

Mole Valley SCR

Molesey

Raynes Park Vale

Spelthorne Sports

Westfield

Windsor

Division One is a bit more guesswork. I don't know if the league are still trying to get a few reserve teams in from the Suburban League and I don't know if South Kilburn are definitely resigning. Hopefully Dorking will still be going next season as well.

It could be:

AFC Croydon Athletic

Alton Town

Ash United

Banstead Athletic

Bedfont & Feltham

CB Hounslow United

Chessington & Hook United

Cobham

Dorking

Epsom Athletic

Farleigh Rovers

Sandhurst Town

Sheerwater

South Kilburn

Staines Lammas

Worcester Park

The FA have said there are still issues to be determined and all changes are subject to any appeals.

I think 2014-15 is the last season clubs at step 6 can get away without a 'G' grading before being forcibly relegated as well.

Looking at that Premier Line up,you could pick anyone of 10 Teams as Champions,a lot of money will be wasted for sure.Maybe the F.A. have for once done Croydon and Wembley a massive favour by moving them over.After Whyteleafes success in gaining promotion from the SCEL League this season,with 6 ex Croydon players amongst their number,if Croydon splash a bit of cash they could get promoted.That League only has 4 posible dangers.Wembley likewise.

The big worry for me would be for any Premier Team that finishes in the bottom 3 season 14/15,will have no league to go to,if the F.A. enforce the grading issues with step 6 sides.Unless of course the CCL convinces Clubs,to buy into the 'Greg Dyke proposals'of allowing Bigger Clubs ' B TEAMS'to join up,so as to keep the numbers up in CCL 1,A TOUGH CHOICE?

With Lingfield and Crowborough going into Southern Counties East league with Croydon only leaves

Dorking wanders left in Sussex. Dorking Wanders did apply to go in Combined Counties god knows how as

there ground is very poor. Dorking have been given till the end of the month to get a ground share!

With Lingfield and Crowborough going into Southern Counties East league with Croydon only leaves

Dorking wanders left in Sussex. Dorking Wanders did apply to go in Combined Counties god knows how as

there ground is very poor. Dorking have been given till the end of the month to get a ground share!

Surprised you think Dorking Wanderers ground is poor?? I went there with Godalming in the Surrey Senior, and I thought it was a great set up, with a cracking pitch... think they would be a credit to the CCL if they were moved over.

No Bar when I went there,has a new one been built,pitch was decent though.

... and luckily, at that Westhuble site, there is fantastic drainage.

Unless its changed no stand 100 seats, no turn styles, no proper bar, yes pitch is good :rolleyes:

Looking at that Premier Line up,you could pick anyone of 10 Teams as Champions,a lot of money will be wasted for sure.Maybe the F.A. have for once done Croydon and Wembley a massive favour by moving them over.After Whyteleafes success in gaining promotion from the SCEL League this season,with 6 ex Croydon players amongst their number,if Croydon splash a bit of cash they could get promoted.That League only has 4 posible dangers.Wembley likewise.

The big worry for me would be for any Premier Team that finishes in the bottom 3 season 14/15,will have no league to go to,if the F.A. enforce the grading issues with step 6 sides.Unless of course the CCL convinces Clubs,to buy into the 'Greg Dyke proposals'of allowing Bigger Clubs ' B TEAMS'to join up,so as to keep the numbers up in CCL 1,A TOUGH CHOICE?

Peter, with your beloved Croydon in the SCEFL next season, will you once again be extending your football attendance beyond the confined reaches of the Combined Counties League?

Some exciting local derbies to look forward to: Beckenham Town, Holmesdale, Fisher.

Chris,with your beloved Whyteleafe in the Rymans 1 South next season,Congratulations by the way on your promotion.I will be staying put with the CCL,unless of course a Car Parking duty,happens to come my way ;) The only reason Whyteleafe got promoted last year,was that you went back 6 YEARS,and reformed the Whyteleafe Choir,a la Tooting and Mitcham,no other team bar Guernsey makes as much noise.Bit unfair really as you had 12 men every game,give yourself a pat on the back

Unless its changed no stand 100 seats, no turn styles, no proper bar, yes pitch is good :rolleyes:

They've got at least 100 seats, from photos online it looks like they've got 150. You don't have to have turnstiles at step 5. It depends what you mean by proper bar but a club just has to have refreshment facilities which Wanderers have got.

Chris,with your beloved Whyteleafe in the Rymans 1 South next season,Congratulations by the way on your promotion.I will be staying put with the CCL,unless of course a Car Parking duty,happens to come my way ;) The only reason Whyteleafe got promoted last year,was that you went back 6 YEARS,and reformed the Whyteleafe Choir,a la Tooting and Mitcham,no other team bar Guernsey makes as much noise.Bit unfair really as you had 12 men every game,give yourself a pat on the back

The privilege of stewarding the Whyteleafe car park is yours for life, if you want it. The job is so much easier now double yellow lines have been put down either side of the entrance and we have some marvellous new traffic cones. People are so excited about visiting the all new 3G stadium there’ll be no grumpiness in the event of parking space disappointment.

I agree about the positive impact of a sing song crowd spurring the team to success although it’s always been a chicken/egg situation. Sometimes it’s difficult to persuade terrace folk to take the initiative (and not wait for a goal or a lead to start singing). Any team looks more dangerous when then have a good enthusiastic crowd behind them – particularly when singing doleful Joy Division songs.

If anyone wants to see Lee Farmie singing stripped to his waist at Tooting's Imperial Fields then you just need to do a careful search on YouTube.

Sounds like you’re turning your back on the Arena, Pete. I assume there’s no question of AFC Croydon Athletic transferring to the Kent Invicta? That really would be the final straw.

At least Whyteleafe had the sense to transfer over to the Kent when they did,unlike Croydon being forced there,twice now.Your old friends at AFC,will I heard ,soon be returning home to the Crem,I bet your pleased at that,the highlight of the year for me was:- Dulwich and Burglars Hill and Merstham missing out on a Play off place,what goes around comes around they say.They certainly did the Leafe no favours.Hope leafe are looking out for a new keeper,think you need one,also nice to see Tommy Smith doing so well.

Edited by Smudge

We were interested in the Croydon keeper last season but apparently he was under contract – is that up now?  To be be fair to Sheikh Ceesay, he only conceded 35 league goals all season.

Think JF wanted one of his own players in at right back but Tommy just couldn’t be shifted. Legend.