Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

12 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

Saw that yesterday RR and I was surprised he signed at a team with 3G given his history of injuries (knees / ankles). He must be confident of performing for Bracknell though I guess!

I might be wrong but going back a few seasons I seem to recall that he was turning down clubs because they had 3G.

The interview he's given indicates that he's at the stage now where his work and family come first so the move to Bracknell, which will obviously include decent money and less travelling, suits him perfectly.

If he gets anywhere near his best it's a great signing for Bracknell and a sign of their ambitions to get promoted this coming season.

Edited by Reading Rebel

1 minute ago, Longshot said:

I understand that Bracknell town are playing at Sandhurst Town next season, Not sure if that is correct but if it is Sandhurst have a grass pitch.

Why is that happening, Longshot, do you know?

6 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I don't want to steal Longshots thunder but if that is correct I read somewhere that Bracknell are having a new multi purpose stadium built. 

Thanks RR, with Bracknell's recent ambitions, sounds like that would be on the cards.

Hope it goes through for them,as it would be good for the area, and with Basingstoke's demise would provide another local-ish club for Slough to battle, at some point.

8 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Thanks RR, with Bracknell's recent ambitions, sounds like that would be on the cards.

Hope it goes through for them,as it would be good for the area, and with Basingstoke's demise would provide another local-ish club for Slough to battle, at some point.

If Bracknell continue to be well funded and Bobby Wilkinson stays as manager I can only see Bracknell going up the divisions in which case our paths will ultimately cross.

Another local derby would be most welcome. 

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Looks like I could be wrong about the new all purpose stadium.

I've just read that there's a possibility they could be looking to improve the facilities at Sandhurst.

They have plans to find and build a new stadium within Bracknell’s boundaries. But obviously that takes time and substantial cash. They’re currently renovating Sandhurst’s ground to the tune of £2m. So I would expect that to be their short term home as it will give them the breathing space to find their own. Although saying that Bracknell’s chairman owns both clubs via his company. So who knows it could end being a merger of sorts.

This is about the 4th time over a few years that I have read about Bracknell having a new Stadium to be built on the outskirts of the town, Never happened yet, All I know is the rumours say they have pumped a lot of money into Sandhurst town. I also read that the new Sandhurst Management team are all former Bracknell people.

1 hour ago, Longshot said:

This is about the 4th time over a few years that I have read about Bracknell having a new Stadium to be built on the outskirts of the town, Never happened yet, All I know is the rumours say they have pumped a lot of money into Sandhurst town. I also read that the new Sandhurst Management team are all former Bracknell people.

That’s because as I said the Bracknell chairman owns both clubs and recently Sandhurst were fielding an almost full Bracknell XI in a cup competition!

Harrow Borough have signed forward James Ewington [ who Slough nearly signed a few seasons ago. Leaving Harrow Borough is Liam Ferdinand, who's been guesting for Binfield lately. 

After a disappointing season in the NL Boreham Wood have released 8 players.

6 hours ago, 3spirit said:

Harrow Borough have signed forward James Ewington [ who Slough nearly signed a few seasons ago. Leaving Harrow Borough is Liam Ferdinand, who's been guesting for Binfield lately. 

After showing promise and scoring goals at a lower level James Ewington doesn't seem to have quite made the grade at a higher level.

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 hours ago, 3spirit said:

A return to Binfield could be on the cards for Ferdinand.  

Edited by Reading Rebel