Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

1 hour ago, Shredding Green said:

From the Hartlepool United FC website :-

We have been allocated approximately 3,100 match tickets in the Dolman Stand (E28-E34), South Stand (S25-27) & Atyeo Stand (N35-N37) at Ashton Gate.

Ticket prices have been set by the National League and all tickets are £41.00 (+ £1.25 booking fee per ticket) – there are no concessions available.

From the Torquay United FC website :-

Ticket prices and allocation have been set by the National League, with the details outlined below.

All tickets are priced at £41.00,  plus a £1.25 transaction fee per ticket, with no concessionary rate available. These will be available in set pods of 1 ticket, 2 tickets, 3 tickets and 4 tickets to ensure social distancing in maintained, whilst allowing supporters to attend with up to three other people within their social bubble.

Torquay United has been allocated the Lansdown Stand (W1-W13 & W15-W17), South Stand (S18) & Atyeo Stand (N38-N41).

And to cap it off no concessions.

What a rip off.  

Whyteleafe have had to withdraw from the Isthmian League (Step 4) after the lease on the ground was terminated (as per clause from 31st July) by a property development company from Singapore. Apparently this company bought the ground when the previous company that owned it went into liquidation.

To add insult to injury, the football club played them £50k last year in back rent that they didn't think they owed, to ensure everything was OK.

1 hour ago, SloughFlyer said:

Whyteleafe have had to withdraw from the Isthmian League (Step 4) after the lease on the ground was terminated (as per clause from 31st July) by a property development company from Singapore. Apparently this company bought the ground when the previous company that owned it went into liquidation.

To add insult to injury, the football club played them £50k last year in back rent that they didn't think they owed, to ensure everything was OK.

Abingdon Town have also withdrawn from the Hellenic league.

Irama Sports from Singapore also own their ground and the club have been unable to negotiate a new lease. 

Also owned by this mob are Brighouse Town, who themselves must be wondering about their future.

Ex-pro Ian Rush is one of the people behind it all apparently!

James Dobson has officially left Dagenham and Redbridge and thus far has not re-signed for Ebbsfleet.

No doubt his agent is looking around for the best deal.

Dobbo has produced a highlights video of his career to date and in every clip he's in a Slough shirt. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

I’d personally like to see him back at Slough but that’s very unlikely due to Worsfold in decent form and the wages he’d want. Shame it didn’t really work out for Dobbo but at least he gave it a shot and had a couple of years step 1 experience. Is he now over 30? I would expect him to sign for another club at our level.

1 hour ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’d personally like to see him back at Slough but that’s very unlikely due to Worsfold in decent form and the wages he’d want. Shame it didn’t really work out for Dobbo but at least he gave it a shot and had a couple of years step 1 experience. Is he now over 30? I would expect him to sign for another club at our level.

He'll be 30 in October.

You can't blame him for having a go at trying to make it as a full time professional footballer but I think it's fair to say it hasn't quite worked out for him.

I think the step up to NL level was probably a step too far.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Would he still have an agent now he’s back at this level and considering his age? Would be very unnecessary and unless he has an absolute blinder of a season realistically he’s probably not going to play any higher now.

Would probably depend on his wage demands.

If he wants anywhere near his previous wages an agent might still get him that extra few quid. 

He’s gone from a higher league full time contract to a league lower part time club, I would expect he’s taken a massive drop in wages and has gone back to his day job before he left us. How much (if any) could an agent make from his move to Hemel? It’s not like he’s transferred for a fee, had a signing on fee or other benefits the agent could take a slice off.

54 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

He’s gone from a higher league full time contract to a league lower part time club, I would expect he’s taken a massive drop in wages and has gone back to his day job before he left us. How much (if any) could an agent make from his move to Hemel? It’s not like he’s transferred for a fee, had a signing on fee or other benefits the agent could take a slice off.

His Twitter bio used to state that he had representation. The fact that it now doesn’t might be an indication. 

Kemp has been to a couple of our games. Think the first time I remember seeing him at was the Sutton fa cup replay and then we found out he was mates with lenchy.

EDIT: probably not Sutton as lench wasn’t with us then. Maybe Rochdale, know it was a big night game but can’t remember exactly. 

Edited by Radders