Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Danilo Orsi-Dadomo moves in to the Football League to Harrogate.

You might recall him scoring 3 goals against us in the 2018/9 season when he started with East Thurrock & then moved to Hungerford.

Last season he had a good season at Maidenhead.

20 hours ago, Curtis said:

Danilo Orsi-Dadomo moves in to the Football League to Harrogate.

You might recall him scoring 3 goals against us in the 2018/9 season when he started with East Thurrock & then moved to Hungerford.

Last season he had a good season at Maidenhead.

We played E Thurrock twice that season. We lost 1-0 at their place with Orsi-Dadomo scoring the only goal of the game.

We won 3-1 in the home game with Orsi-Dadomo not in the Thurrock squad.

As you say Orsi moved to Hungerford that same season and scored the only goal for Hungerford when we won 2-1 away in the B&B cup and the only goal against us at Hungerford in the league.

He certainly seems to be a player that has improved no end and has earnt his move to a football league club.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 21/07/2021 at 16:36, Reading Rebel said:

Not sure why he's dropped down a level unless they're paying good money at Farnborough.

Could be a whole host of reasons like he's carrying an injury,wants to play locally, prefers the management at the new club, is less demanding in time and effort,etc. It doesn't always have to be about the money.

Given that coronavirus has altered people's perceptions about what is important, perhaps Adam Coombes wants an easier, more fun football experience than the rigours of the National League's Premier/South divisions.........but then again it could be about the money on offer ! ?

Edited by 3spirit

23 hours ago, 3spirit said:

Could be a whole host of reasons like he's carrying an injury,wants to play locally, prefers the management at the new club, is less demanding in time and effort,etc. It doesn't always have to be about the money.

Given that coronavirus has altered people's perceptions about what is important, perhaps Adam Coombes wants an easier, more fun football experience than the rigours of the National League's Premier/South divisions.........but then again it could be about the money on offer ! ?

Just seen that Farnborough have also signed Sam Deering from Dagenham and Redbridge.

With all the top quality signings they've made I'd suggest there's a very good chance that the money being offered is the main reason.

Edited by Reading Rebel

9 hours ago, GeorgeS said:

No doubt trying to get some of his money back through the scandalous admission charges for their friendly tomorrow against us ?

No doubt trying to make money when the big boys come to town.

16 hours ago, C'est la vie said:

Talking of scandalous, has anyone seen that Staines Town are playing our U23's tomorrow in a friendly and charging £10 to get in ?

Yes, saw that. £10 and £5 concessions.

As you say another club ripping off punters.

I'm sure there's always someone prepared to pay an extortionate amount but I'm sure it'll put more off if they were thinking of going.

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 30/07/2021 at 15:25, Reading Rebel said:

Scandalous season ticket prices at Kings Lynn.

£420 for an adult and £380 for a concession.

These prices are for a seat in the stadium.

If you stand it will be £380 and £340.

These prices are the most expensive in the NL.

£23 per game on the door!

I do note that Maidenheads ST is just £219  (only 2 clubs a bit better)

The Bookies seem to think it's a 2 horse race to win the league.

Bet 365 have Dorking and Dartford as joint favourites at 9/2 to win the league with Ebbsfleet and St Albans next best at 10/1 closely followed by Oxford City at 11/1.

Rank outsiders are Braintree at 50/1 with Slough and Welling the next outsiders at 40/1.  

No surprise that the bookies are giving nothing away with these really skinny odds.

Edited by Reading Rebel

I haven't been to any pre-season friendlies yet but hope to go to the game v. Aldershot on Saturday.

I see that tickets are available to buy in advance for the game tonight v. Oxford and the Aldershot game on Saturday.

Is it going to be possible to pay at the gate on Saturday?

Nothing is said about paying at the turnstiles for tonight's game so I'm just curious to know if cash admittance is now a thing of the past?