Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

37 minutes ago, Longshot said:

Binfield lost to Bracknell 1 - 3  in the big East Berks Derby today in front of a healthy crowd of 671.

Myself, my Dad and my son were 3 of those 671 (after being 3 of the 130 at Burnham v CB Hounslow earlier in the day). Was a fairly 1 sided game and Bracknell could have had more. A good few old Rebels faces across both sides - McClurg and Moore for Binfield and Grant and Scott for Bracknell. 

A good days football all told, 2 pens, 1 red card, 6 goals and some good fun, what more could you want.

Ex Rebel Lewis Putman scored his 200th goal for Oxhey Jets last weekend, Sadly it was in a 6_4 defeat, and today the Jets manager has quit.

3 minutes ago, the leatherhead lip said:

Ex Rebel Lewis Putman scored his 200th goal for Oxhey Jets last weekend, Sadly it was in a 6_4 defeat, and today the Jets manager has quit.

Ah, good old Putts.

Don't think we saw the best of him.

Now 31, but a natural goalscorer on his day.

Some good videos on line of him scoring a bagful of goals. 

Spare a thought for our old friends Gainsborough Trinity going down in the FA Cup today at Sporting Khalsa...

Edited by Rebellier

12 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Marc Whites memorable quote from yesterday's post match interview at Chelmsford  "We won the game apart from the last minute equaliser"

His best quote is:

'they have to forget about the result and concentrate on playing well and processing the performances which is not easy for some boy's at this level because maybe they're at this level for a reason because they're not the best mentally'

In other words he's calling some of his players thick  ?

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 02/09/2021 at 12:49, Reading Rebel said:

Ah, good old Putts.

Don't think we saw the best of him.

Now 31, but a natural goalscorer on his day.

Some good videos on line of him scoring a bagful of goals. 

He scored another 2 yesterday against Kingstonian in the Fa Cup. Cracking result that for Oxhey Jets. By all accounts, Lewis is meant to be quite a character who loves a knees up and a good craic with the lads. My kindred spirit!

1 hour ago, C'est la vie said:

He scored another 2 yesterday against Kingstonian in the Fa Cup. Cracking result that for Oxhey Jets. By all accounts, Lewis is meant to be quite a character who loves a knees up and a good craic with the lads. My kindred spirit!

I remember him smoking before and after games at Beaconsfield.

Despite his undoubted goal scoring ability having a 'craic' with the lads could be the reason why Putts has never really fulfilled his true potential at a higher level. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

On 05/09/2021 at 23:25, C'est la vie said:

Sadly for Putts  the replay tonight ended Kingstonian 8 Oxhey Jets 1   Kingstonian sub who came on in 75th min was Elliot Buchanan who scored 2 in next 10 mins

13 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

Sadly for Putts  the replay tonight ended Kingstonian 8 Oxhey Jets 1   Kingstonian sub who came on in 75th min was Elliot Buchanan who scored 2 in next 10 mins

Buchanan is now 32 and has obviously gone down hill a bit from his prime but still knows where the net is.

I see that Buchanan and Lewis Putman were both on the bench.

Putts didn't come on so can only presume that he has an injury.

Edited by Reading Rebel

13 minutes ago, Irishadrian said:

Dorking Wanderers keeper Lee Worgan has left the club citing " personal reasons" He had played in all league games so far and was one of the much heralded close season recruits.

That's a blow for them as Worgan is a top keeper.

I think they've still got Slav Huk on the coaching side so possibly he'll take over until a replacement is found.