Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

2 hours ago, Irishadrian said:

And he didn't know where he lived or that he had a young family before he signed??

And some interesting comments towards the end of this interview on 31st August 2021 :-

and a very complimentary farewell statement from Marc White :-

"Lee will be a massive loss. He’s a fantastic guy and very experienced, so good to have around the changing room as well as a top keeper. Lee had been struggling to balance a heavy work schedule alongside a young family, given his proximity to Dorking, and we’ve mutually agreed to him leaving to pursue a football club more local to him."

Edited by Shredding Green

To be fair, Amartey did shine for us initially but struggled to get into the team regularly so sought that out. WIth Hodges, he was very unlucky with his timing of being with us and the oandemic so never really got a run of games as such but i thought he always showed good quality

8 hours ago, HEAVY TRUCKER said:

how come all these ex slough players are doing so well for other teams and for us they just did not shine?

Most have gone down a level which could be part of the reason.

We've had players like Dobbo who did fantastic for us but hasn't been so successful at other clubs.

We've also had players come to us with great reputations but failed to perform for which there are many examples.

Not all players suit all clubs.

Edited by Reading Rebel

3 hours ago, Mark44 said:

To be fair, Amartey did shine for us initially but struggled to get into the team regularly so sought that out. WIth Hodges, he was very unlucky with his timing of being with us and the oandemic so never really got a run of games as such but i thought he always showed good quality

It's only my opinion but I thought we got rid of Francis Amartey far too early.

Paul Hodges leaving Slough could be more down to money [Slough budget trimming],as the timing of his leaving seemed strange, given how well he had done at Woking, and Slough's not so potent attack.

5 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

It's only my opinion but I thought we got rid of Francis Amartey far too early.

Paul Hodges leaving Slough could be more down to money [Slough budget trimming],as the timing of his leaving seemed strange, given how well he had done at Woking, and Slough's not so potent attack.

On Amartey, I think it was more to do with what our managers wanted from him performance wise to benefit the team.

On Paul Hodges, I think it was explained at the time of his departure that we couldn't guarantee him more playing time after Farnborough made an approach for him.

Just now, Reading Rebel said:

On Amartey, I think it was more to do with what our managers wanted from him performance wise to benefit the team.

On Paul Hodges, I think it was explained at the time of his departure that we couldn't guarantee him more playing time after Farnborough made an approach for him.

On Francis Amartey, I thought Bakes and Unders weren't keen on his attitude/temperament but for me that doesn't necessarily mean you get rid of him. As you know, Reading Rebel, I have a high regard for both of our managers but on this point I differ on their view. As with all managers in the land,some people become favourites and some people don't. I thought they expected a bit too much from him at times given his age. Anyway that's history now.

I never got to see Paul Hodges play for the Rebels in a league match [I saw him in a friendly for the Rebels a few seasons ago]. Was he not good last season and in pre-season/opening games?