Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

1 hour ago, 3spirit said:

On Francis Amartey, I thought Bakes and Unders weren't keen on his attitude/temperament but for me that doesn't necessarily mean you get rid of him. As you know, Reading Rebel, I have a high regard for both of our managers but on this point I differ on their view. As with all managers in the land, some people become favourites and some people don't. I thought they expected a bit too much from him at times given his age. Anyway that's history now.

I never got to see Paul Hodges play for the Rebels in a league match [I saw him in a friendly for the Rebels a few seasons ago]. Was he not good last season and in pre-season/opening games? 

This season Francis Amartey is noticably hardly effing andf blinding which was certainly not the case in his first two seasons at Hayes & Yeading United.

Either he is a reformed character or else with U 'As having won all nine matches this season, he hasn't found anything or anyone to eff and blind about.

Edited by Shredding Green

12 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

This season Francis Amartey is noticably hardly effing andf blinding which was certainly not the case in his first two seasons at Hayes & Yeading United.

I thought that you had eff and blind to take part in playing football ! ha ha ha! Otherwise you won't be a Jack the Lad.

Perhaps we are just the old farts brigade now, SG ! ?

2 hours ago, 3spirit said:

On Francis Amartey, I thought Bakes and Unders weren't keen on his attitude/temperament but for me that doesn't necessarily mean you get rid of him. As you know, Reading Rebel, I have a high regard for both of our managers but on this point I differ on their view. As with all managers in the land,some people become favourites and some people don't. I thought they expected a bit too much from him at times given his age. Anyway that's history now.

I never got to see Paul Hodges play for the Rebels in a league match [I saw him in a friendly for the Rebels a few seasons ago]. Was he not good last season and in pre-season/opening games? 

I suppose it depends on how disruptive a player is.

Obviously without being privy to what goes on behind the scenes it's impossible to know the actual reason why Amartey left.

Again I thought Paul Hodges did ok without pulling up trees but if he wanted some sort of guarantee of more minutes on the pitch which we couldn't give and Farnborough could it was probably the best move for him.

6 hours ago, C'est la vie said:

A few Dorking fans on Twitter are saying "sack the f***ing manager" lol. I'd say they are probably right and he's out of his depth but I can hardly see himself stepping aside being the egomaniac he is!

You mean sack the founder, owner and manager.

Perhaps he should step aside as manager but as you say his ego could be a sticking point.

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Not sure whats happened with George Wells at Maidenhead, he's not been in their squad for the last 3 weeks or so.

He played the full match in the 3-4 defeat to Torquay Unted on 4th September but has not appeared in a match squad since. I saw a couple of Maidenhead United supporters after Maidenhead had won their first two National League fixtures of this season and they did not rate George Wells.

Maidenhead United are very poor when it comes to any form of media coverage so it is difficult to find any information. 

2 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

He played the full match in the 3-4 defeat to Torquay Unted on 4th September but has not appeared in a match squad since. I saw a couple of Maidenhead United supporters after Maidenhead had won their first two National League fixtures of this season and they did not rate George Wells.

Maidenhead United are very poor when it comes to any form of media coverage so it is difficult to find any information. 

Probably stems from Devonshire who's not exactly forthcoming with any interviews preferring to send someone else out to speak.

Always came across as a bit of a sour puss.

9 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Probably stems from Devonshire who's not exactly forthcoming with any interviews preferring to send someone else out to speak.

Always came across as a bit of a sour puss.

Alan Devonshire quoted in the Maidenhead Advertiser on 23rd September 2021 prior to the 1-1 draw against
Grimsby Town :-

"We will give it everything we’ve got but a couple more players could be missing for this game along with George Wells,
Dan Sparkes, James Holden, and Remy Clerima. There are a few knocks in the squad, but I don’t want to give out their names because it will just alert the other team."