Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

39 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

I totally agree. His pace and ball control in his runs down the left wing before cutting inside were too much for Farnborough. He also appears to be a reformed character this season.

Selim Saied played the whole match in midfield for Farnborough. 

The crowd was 392 with very good away support. 

I didn't know his character was suspect.

On Salim Saied, loans are always a risk but you could say he was not one of our best loan deals.

7 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I didn't know his character was suspect.

On Salim Saied, loans are always a risk but you could say he was not one of our best loan deals.

He got an injury, and by the time he was fit we had changed our shape, however he was a cheap loan, so wasn’t really an issue for us.

I actually think he is going to be a very good player.

Great to see Francis doing well, obviously we have a financial interest if he does move on.

10 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

I totally agree. His pace and ball control in his runs down the left wing before cutting inside were too much for Farnborough. He also appears to be a reformed character this season.

Selim Saied played the whole match in midfield for Farnborough. 

The crowd was 392 with very good away support. 

Playing attacking football, banging the goals in and will more than likely win the division and still only have an average attendance of 227.

Didn't they only have an average attendance in the 300's when they were in the Conference National?

Not sure the interest is there for H&Y to progress any higher. 

15 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Playing attacking football, banging the goals in and will more than likely win the division and still only have an average attendance of 227.

Didn't they only have an average attendance in the 300's when they were in the Conference National?

Not sure the interest is there for H&Y to progress any higher. 

I find it a very attractive ground to visit with the trees on the west side. The food van employed this season is superb in all respects - service, food quality and value for money.

Walking down the road to your local football club is no longer the case as Church Road was at least until the 1960s.

The club owns The SKYex stadium and has other income from it during the week but I have no idea of the figures involved.

But like Rebels, get into National League and fixtures such as Bromley, Chesterfield, Grimsby Town, Notts County,
Stockport County, Southend United, Wrexham and Woking not only attract a few extra locals along but also a substatntial away support.  

Last evening's 392 was U 'As highest home league gate of the season. Plenty of room for improvement! If we are both in the same division next season, the match against the Rebelshould see many more than last evening. 

2 hours ago, Neil Baker said:

He got an injury, and by the time he was fit we had changed our shape, however he was a cheap loan, so wasn’t really an issue for us.

I actually think he is going to be a very good player.

Great to see Francis doing well, obviously we have a financial interest if he does move on.

I did note Salim's unique performance in that fantastic match against Ebbsfleet United. 

He showed incredible speed and determination in winnng loose balls, turned players inside out and then lost possession on, I think, every occasion!

Before last evening's match, a Farnborough supporter said to me, "he's our best player". He certainly played very well at 4 last evening in a composed midfield performance.

20 minutes ago, Shredding Green said:

I find it a very attractive ground to visit with the trees on the west side. The food van employed this season is superb in all respects - service, food quality and value for money.

Walking down the road to your local football club is no longer the case as Church Road was at least until the 1960s.

The club owns The SKYex stadium and has other income from it during the week but I have no idea of the figures involved.

But like Rebels, get into National League and fixtures such as Bromley, Chesterfield, Grimsby Town, Notts County,
Stockport County, Southend United, Wrexham and Woking not only attract a few extra locals along but also a substatntial away support.  

Last evening's 392 was U 'As highest home league gate of the season. Plenty of room for improvement! If we are both in the same division next season, the match against the Rebelshould see many more than last evening. 

The Vanarama National is probably a different animal today to what it was when H&Y were in it 10+ years ago.

The crowds failed to materialize then but perhaps it'll be different this time.

I'd say the minimum attendance for any club to survive in NL would have to be 1000+.

On the ground itself, have they built any cover around the ground other than the monstrous seating area that dominates the ground and imo was an unnecessary expenditure when the ground was built. 

They don't have a 3G pitch so what other income does the club generate?

On crowds alone they must be running at a loss.

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

The Vanarama National is probably a different animal today to what it was when H&Y were in it 10+ years ago.

I'd say the minimum attendance for any club to survive in NL would have to be 1000+.

On the ground itself, have they built any cover around the ground other than the monstrous seating area that dominates the ground and imo was an unnecessary expenditure when the ground was built. 

No, the only cover is the stand on the west side. I won't call it "monstrous" as quite a few supporters who sit in it like it and there is plenty of room for expansion around the ground if the future warranted it. 

In addition to the main grass pitch, there is a 3G pitch available for hire at £100 + VAT per hour.

The stadium site has been used for car storage and filming AFC Richmond in the Ted Lasso TV series..

24 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I agree with the Bracknell Chairman that's it's ludicrous that part-time players have to take time off work to travel to Guernsey in mid week.

Trying to find a happy medium is not going to please everybody when the Isthmian League South Central fixtures began on 14th August but COVID-19 travel restrictions restricted Guernsey to commencing their season's fixtures on 9th October. 

I see the National league board have got their noses in the trough again!

The National league will take 50% of the premiership money for the 23 teams, and then spread the other 50% over the 43 teams in the North/South leagues.

There are some major questions about the integrity of the board of these leagues, are they in it for the football or the money?!?!

15 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

The National league will take 50% of the premiership money for the 23 teams, and then spread the other 50% over the 43 teams in the North/South leagues.

There are some major questions about the integrity of the board of these leagues, are they in it for the football or the money?!?!

We all knew this would be the case and really does it matter, we can’t change it! Anyway this is an unexpected windfall and our club will be receiving around £23,000 immediately. I wonder how many more big signings in addition to those 2 long awaited ones we can expect… ?

Edited by GlenSTFC

59 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

We all knew this would be the case and really does it matter, we can’t change it! Anyway this is an unexpected windfall and our club will be receiving around £23,000 immediately. I wonder how many more big signings in addition to those 2 long awaited ones we can expect… ?

Well maybe that can go towards the 8k fine we had as a club ?

1 hour ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Probably both.

They will cite that wages, costs etc are a lot higher in the NL so they should receive the lions share of the windfall. 

On 17/11/2021 at 11:02, Reading Rebel said:

I went to Hayes & Yeading United 3 Merthyr Town 0 last evening. U 'As also had a penalty saved.

I found it quite cold at the match and even more so coming home on my scooter.

It is not yet open but covering has been installed over the south terrace.

A very low crowd for the unbeaten U 'As ... just 169.

13 hours ago, Shredding Green said:

I went to Hayes & Yeading United 3 Merthyr Town 0 last evening. U 'As also had a penalty saved.

I found it quite cold at the match and even more so coming home on my scooter.

It is not yet open but covering has been installed over the south terrace.

A very low crowd for the unbeaten U 'As ... just 169.

Disappointing crowd and expensive evening for U 'As.

Edited by Reading Rebel