Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another M.O.D. Blunder !!

Just take a second to read this article from todays Dorking Advertiser.........

http://www.dorkingandleatherheadadvertiser.co.uk/BREAKING-Headley-Court-rehabilitation-centre/story-21445621-detail/story.html

You probably already know that Headley Court is the iconic M.O.D. rehabilitation centre for our gallant wounded armed forces that has been in full use in recent times.

The M.O.D. is broke, allegedly but it can go in league with the Duke of Westminster to raise £300 MILLION to build a new one in Loughborough.

I appreciate the Duke ain't short of a bob or two and bought Headley Court in 2011.  The question everyone is asking locally, is what does he intend to do with it ?

Another exclusive golf-course ??

A luxury hotel that no-one apart from the well heeled and elitist tories could ever afford ?

Just look at the article and see the facilities it has.

I seriously wonder about the sanity of the powers that be !!

The old adage of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it'  must surely apply here.

• 5 months later...

Big J R - It's funny that Loosely never touches on all the good things the Ministry of Defence do in this Country and around the World isn't it, as a Government department they are unique aren't they.

Big J R - It's funny that Loosely never touches on all the good things the Ministry of Defence do in this Country and around the World isn't it, as a Government department they are unique aren't they.

I'll save Loose the bother of taking up the cudgel this time? Are you able to list all the good things that the M.O.D. have done? Last 20 years will do.

Edited by Horace

I expect taking the Nimrod out of service and cancelling it's replacement would not be seen as one of those many many good things that can be laid at the door of our MoD. 

As The Times amongst others report today, Britain is woefully exposed and has greatly reduced the capability of monitoring our coastline for maritime vessels and stealth submarines.

Another fine piece of work blunderers, Rhodesly wants a pat on the back.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/defence/article4309298.ece

Horace - As I've said before the MoD stand unique as a Government department and they are cut a bit more slack financially than your DEFRA's, DfID's, FCO's, MoJ's, DWP's, ONS's, DoH's and HO's to allow for the unpredictability and fluctuation of Defence spending.

Horace - As I've said before the MoD stand unique as a Government department and they are cut a bit more slack financially than your DEFRA's, DfID's, FCO's, MoJ's, DWP's, ONS's, DoH's and HO's to allow for the unpredictability and fluctuation of Defence spending.

For a minute there, I thought you'd answered my question!

For a minute there, I thought you'd answered my question!

Live in hope Horace, it's the missing answers that shows where the guilt lies.

A fascinating insight into just how 'special' the MoD really think they are has emerged with an article from the Belfast Telegraph describing how an enquiry from the then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher took over 6 weeks to gain a response which was ridiculing in the extreme. Obviously it we are beginning to learn just how 'apart' this wayward ministry feels itself from other departments and the way in which it feels no accountability or responsibility not only to its servicemen or the public but to the highest office in the land!

Surely it is beyond time now when it was brought to heel and the entire lot of wasters wer thrown onto the jobmarket of today with their attitudes to work!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/state-papers-margaret-thatcher-boots-mod-up-backside-over-armys-footwear-30869202.html

One can't help but feel that our resident troll is now avoiding this topic like the plague.

Silence speaks volumes.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet again the Ministry of Doh has been forced to beg the help of the US in finding a wayward Russian submarine.

The Nimrod which was vital in anti-submarine defence and search and in use since the 60s has already been scrapped while its replacement aircraft is already running 9 years late and £800 million over budget.

Laughing stock.

I don't know if he can be spared. Stock Control of the paperclips is a vital task that keeps the country safe so that people can sleep sound in their beds at night. Hopfully one day he'll receive that gong which he feels is long overdue.

Loosely - Why do you criticise the MoD at every opportunity, is it only because I work there, you don't seem to have anything to say about any of the other incompetent Government departments.

Loosely - Why do you criticise the MoD at every opportunity, is it only because I work there, you don't seem to have anything to say about any of the other incompetent Government departments.

Why does everything have to do with you Rhodesly? Is it because you work there that you don't criticise the phenomenal waste of money involved with every blunder?

What about all the other Government departments, you don't appear to scrutinise them, that's my point.

What about all the other Government departments, you don't appear to scrutinise them, that's my point.

Well it's a very poor point Rhodesly since I didn't start this thread. I'm afraid you'll have to put your pathetic whining question to BIG JR won't you?

• 4 months later...

Imagine my shock and surprise at seeing the Headline "MoD Secretary Swindled £100k in False Expenses Claims" to only be further gobsmacked at the Mickey Mouse types that the MoD employ!

http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/MoD-secretary-Hookwood-jailed-making-pound-100k/story-26628196-detail/story.html

You couldn't make it up cudja? What an Absolute Shower!

YASMIN DISNEY ??

The name says it all !!

Loosely - You're really scraping the barrel now aren't you, that story is as ancient as the hills even though, admittedly, the woman has only recently been jailed and deservedly so. I'm the first to admit that the MoD is not perfect and there is bound to be one or two rotten apples in it's workforce of thousands of loyal, trusted and respected Civil Servants who are as proud as peacocks to work for Queen and Country.