Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Another M.O.D. Blunder !!

Well Rhodesly I got to the story as quickly as I could. Interestingly I wonder why you hadn't mentioned this atrocious waste of taxpayers money?

I fully understand why you might take it personally working for the Ministry of Dopes as you do but then again, you are a complete waste of space aren't you? I understand you have been given responsibility for collecting used paperclips. Congratulations on your promotion.

Well The Telegraph have belatedly gotten hold of the story, a thieving MoD 'secretary' gets 12 months for stealing £100k. And they say that crime doesn't pay! The courts have proved that wrong haven't they?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11662534/MoD-secretary-jailed-for-100k-swindle.html

Not another MoD Blunder? Oh yes.

A £3.2bn programme to train military pilots through an outsourcing consortium is nearly six years behind schedule, Whitehall’s spending watchdog has found. A report by the National Audit Office said the 25-year contract to train aircrew was supposed to be running at full capacity by 2014. Delays have meant that it will not be operating as planned until the end of 2019.

If left to continue, the delayed programme could leave British forces struggling to train enough aircrew for military operations, auditors said. 

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/12/military-pilot-training-delays-army-navy-raf

Could you possible make it up?

Project managing large projects is a very difficult business and a number of government departments are getting this wrong in my opinion unfortunately.

The critical time for these projects is the initial stages, making sure that the whole scope of the project is understood up front - that's where the problems lie as I don't think that's being taken seriously enough and it's a lot harder to correct major issues when you're halfway through the project. Unfortunately, the taxpayer then has to pick up the bill when problems arise such as the above.

Edited by cup of tea

Being short of air-crew is one thing.  Having an air-craft carrier and NO aircraft is something else.

Being short of air-crew is one thing.  Having an air-craft carrier and NO aircraft is something else.

Absolutely Big JR, after wasting hundreds of millions retro-fitting brand new aircraft carriers the Ministry of Blunders has yet to resolve the issue. At present it is left years without aircraft and even when they arrive they will be too slow to compete with foreign forces.

The Blunderers were warned time and again before putting this new procurement into place, just look at this article outlining the Royal United Services Institute's damning report warning of the mistake about to happen. Unfortunately no one knows best like the wasters at the Ministry of Shame and it fell on deaf, sorry closed ears.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/04/ministry-of-defence-outsourcing-buying