Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

League fixtures

ProgEd

7.30 and no sign of them yet

Website now says Thursday morning

How do  spell "irony" Rob?

Sorry; among many others I was fooled by a false announcement by 'Ryman League' on Twitter. @rymanleaguenews is official, @rymanleague isn't. Fixtures were always due 'some time this week'. Perhaps if the Conference stopped doing theirs with pencil and paper, we'd get ours more quickly.

Odd eh that we were the only team 3rd from bottom of the Connie South not reprieved

I don't want to see Farnborough or any other club go to the wall however...

I Just think that some of these big clubs that are already heavily in debt still spend beyond their means on players they can't really afford in order to stay in their respective leagues.

Surely that can't be right?

Thought we were supposed to play our first few RPL games away as the new floodlights would not be ready in time?  Still, don't suppose they will be needed at 3pm on a Saturday!

Pretty sure the Ryman wouldn't accommodate a series of away games at the start ..

First home game we need to switch to away (assuming ETU agree).  Presumably our ground will be unsafe to play whilst the new floodlights are being installed.

Second home game we're playing at Aveley.

Third home game not sure - likely this will need to be switched since the floodlight work will overrun.

Colin said that we had made a request to the League but seems they were not accomodating.  Knowing how they sometimes behave I wouldn't put it past them to fine us for not being able to play the home fixtures on the designated day!

Edited by Serious Sid

Another excuse to knock the league? No, they took the very reasonable point of view that it was unfair to compel another team to start with three home games. But they said that we could reverse the fixture by agreement with our opponents - and that's what's happened. It's important enough that I'll start another thread, but we are now away to East Thurrock on August 9 and at home to them on November 22. Thanks to them for their co-operation.