Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WESTFIELD. 0 - 2 ASHFORD TOWN

Tel

First time I've been back to Westfield since Ashford were last in the C / C. I assume it's a council establishment with excellent sporting facilities including the football stadium

Westfield have every right to be proud he their home ground

I don't oftern praise money pinching local Councils, but I take my hat off to them

Now someone tell me it was done with private money!!!!!!

No, the revamp of Westfield FC's ground really was financed by Woking Council - as was the massive stand behind the far goal at Kingfield. I also understand that Knaphill have had some support in developing their facilities, while Sheerwater play at a council-owned athletics stadium.

There are very few local authorities who have put as much money into sport and leisure facilities as Woking Borough Council have over the years. Given the struggles we have had to maintain and develop our own ground, the fact that Staines Town had to find commercial partners to revamp Wheatsheaf Park and when you consider that Staines Lammas can't put even basic spectator facilities on their ground, football fans in Spelthorne might well be envious!

I can tell you football fans in next door Guildford are extremely envious as well Beano.

Archived