Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 12th August

Sounded fun, Stuart Blackburn's worldy free kick sealed the deal by all accounts Pete didnt it?

Comments from the supporters prior to the taking of the free kick was not only was he going to shoot but also score.

Great strike and worthy of winning any game.

I think their problem was fielding players in pre season who had no intention in signing for them.

What ashame, why would you field players who aren't going to sign, but more so why would players take part somewhere in pre season they have no intention of signing?

Langford played Meady for 45 minutes who then decided not to sign due to other commitments, everyone else has signed who played in pre-season friendlies. How does a manager tell good players they can't play in a pre-season friendly unless they sign first? Of course payers will play and end up going elsewhere it will happen at most clubs.

Unfortunately despite having a very good squad, as common when putting a completely new team together they are struggling to find a decent shape/system to play. Last night they came across a very good Bedford side who will certainly be up there and all credit to them. Very early days and a poor start but it is a long season!

Langford played Meady for 45 minutes who then decided not to sign due to other commitments, everyone else has signed who played in pre-season friendlies. How does a manager tell good players they can't play in a pre-season friendly unless they sign first? Of course payers will play and end up going elsewhere it will happen at most clubs.

Unfortunately despite having a very good squad, as common when putting a completely new team together they are struggling to find a decent shape/system to play. Last night they came across a very good Bedford side who will certainly be up there and all credit to them. Very early days and a poor start but it is a long season!

Bedford have kept their team and added to it and will indeed be up there, would think anything outside top two would be major fail for them. Hopefully just a blip, we too are once again putting a totally new side together and I'm sure we will get a few pastings. Did you manage to keep many from pre-season?

Went to watch this one and glad I didn't leave early.

Cockfosters scored goals in the 90'+4' and 90'+7' to win.

How come you went to Chalk Lane last night out of interest and not Coles Park

Munchkin - Maybe that's a new trend, I can't imagine what he expected to learn

How come you went to Chalk Lane last night out of interest and not Coles Park

Wanted to have a look at Colney Heath who I have coming up soon.

Interesting thing to do. Maybe I'll start going to watch referees before we have a game with them.

Doing his research nothing wrong with that and lets face it Colney Heath are not the easiest team to ref I bet.

Sounds like Cockfosters v Colney Heath was a good game as well.

Interesting thing to do. Maybe I'll start going to watch referees before we have a game with them.

Managers watch opposing teams before they play. Referees watch teams prior to facing them.

Seeing how a team plays helps when officiating them.

Doing his research nothing wrong with that and lets face it Colney Heath are not the easiest team to ref I bet.

Sounds like Cockfosters v Colney Heath was a good game as well.

Colney Heath were well behaved last night.

The match was very entertaining especially with such a dramatic finish.

That troubles me a little if I'm honest. I know it shouldn't....but it does.

If that approach is adopted for every team no issue, but singling out teams is just an interesting thing to do at this level.

Not singling out particular teams.

Try to watch as many games as possible. Just happened that Colney Heath were playing local to me and they are next up.

I watch as many games as possible.

Just doing a bit of homework. 

That troubles me a little if I'm honest. I know it shouldn't....but it does.

Yes, me too and with Haringey Borough playing the same night on his door step

PREMIER DIVISION

1-1 Holmer Green v Leverstock Green

Both sides of the story:

http://www.holmergreenfc.co.uk/s/match-centre-33921/0-2475433

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20140812

It was a great game, Grant Holt wasn't back in action but there was a very able replacement. Dean Powles, former teen sensation down at Aylesbury United, was playing. I remember him bursting onto the scene as a promising right-back a few years ago. He has now transformed into a centre forward and he looked the part. Could be a mean partnership alongside Allen.

Last-minute indecisiveness from Jimmy and Hind cost Levy, 1-1 a fair result on reflection.

Last-minute indecisiveness from Jimmy and Hind cost Levy, 1-1 a fair result on reflection.

I don't believe that ;)  :P  :D  as they are two decent ex Hanwell Town FC players.

What troubles you?

Because you may see an isolated incident in a game, perhaps an uncharacteristic red card or something, and then in the next game, be watching that particular player and perhaps being overly officious based on your previous experience of said player. I think it happens all the time, we all know officials talk and swap stories about players and managers. I'd want officials going into a game concentrating on all 22 players rather than watching individuals based on previous.

Probably not an ideal as in the professional game, it's there for all to see, regardless of whether officials go to watch a game in person or see footage on the tv.

I dunno, can't explain it really but doesn't seem right to me. Having said all that Pete, I've never found your officiating anything other than fair and exemplary.