Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

The late night rant to end all rants.

My pleasure Smudge all the saints will at some stage feck up and want some sort of support whether be it from friends or family,we all feck up from time to time that's life i'm afraid

The previous Ashford groundsman has been fully paid up to the day he chose to leave.

Edited by SlimBoyFat

Peter may I call you that.Apologise to Lazurus and his Committee why?Never seen at games,a website that has CB Hounslow playing at Osterley rather than Bedfont and Feltham.The debacle over Eversley,as for running a Club,I had 6 years at Croydon Athletic helping out,so I do know what it takes to run a Club,no paperwork though.

Once again Smudge, you are talking nonsense.

I updated all the clubs details as soon as the new handbook was published and the club page for CB Hounslow quite clearly sates that they are playing at Bedfont and Feltham.

So maybe it's now time to end this sad thread.

I've also known Peter for some time and we do chat on the phone from time to time, putting the football world to rights.  As has been said by other people on here, he would be the first forum poster to help another forumite out if he could.

At least he has the nerve to say what he thinks, but maybe not quite so diplomatically as others of us.  You may not agree with some of his views but you should defend his right to express them.

I'm sure that if he feels any apologies are due to specific people, he is more than man enough to do so privately.

'Here Endeth The Sunday Lesson  !!"

Gareth did Ashford Town not knock the previous Groundsman out of Money Owed.

No, Peter, they didn't. The club also did not "dismiss" the previous groundsman, as you alleged in your original post. The truth has been pointed out to you elsewhere on this thread by someone who (unlike me, these days) has a full and detailed knowledge of the running of the club.

You can't sling false accusations around on a public forum. Your original post insulted three clubs, the CCL Board and Management Committee and countless individuals. Any number of them could potentially accuse you of Libel, which is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as

A published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation:

Threads like this don't do anyone any good, least of all you. And I'll say it again, the subject line shows that you knew what you were doing when you posted, which means you were actively trying to upset people. What does that say about you? 

I updated all the clubs details as soon as the new handbook was published and the club page for CB Hounslow quite clearly sates that they are playing at Bedfont and Feltham.

Mal suggest you look at the Fixtures page,where most people look,if they are going to a game of Football,it clealy states Osterley Sports Ground,so not utter nonsense

Mal suggest you look at the Fixtures page,where most people look,if they are going to a game of Football,it clealy states Osterley Sports Ground,so not utter nonsense

That's an issue with The FA's Full-Time software, as opposed to the League Website itself, so could well be out of Mal's control.

No, Peter, they didn't. The club also did not "dismiss" the previous groundsman, as you alleged in your original post. The truth has been pointed out to you elsewhere on this thread by someone who (unlike me, these days) has a full and detailed knowledge of the running of the club.

You can't sling false accusations around on a public forum. Your original post insulted three clubs, the CCL Board and Management Committee and countless individuals. Any number of them could potentially accuse you of Libel, which is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as

Threads like this don't do anyone any good, least of all you. And I'll say it again, the subject line shows that you knew what you were doing when you posted, which means you were actively trying to upset people. What does that say about you? 

Oh POTENTIAL libel now is it Gareth,suggest the people concerned take action.

Oh POTENTIAL libel now is it Gareth,suggest the people concerned take action.

You've quite clearly libeled Ashford Town (Middlesex) Football Club Limited by making false accusations about the conduct of the company. However, I doubt very much that any action will be taken, short of publicly correcting the utter nonsense you have spouted on this thread.

Frankly, the costs involved in pursuing any action would be prohibitive and not a good use of the club's time, money and energy.  The reason I mentioned libel in my last post was to try and point out to you that, if you keep posting rants of this kind, eventually someone will decide to take you on. You may also find that the welcome you receive on your travels around the CCL gets progressively less and less warm. 

Smudge

Do us and yourself a favour and please drop it. Sometimes you just have to know when to stop

Mal316 I take you that you have VOLUNTEERED to do the CCL website in your own valuable time ?

IF that is the case Mal316, may I suggest you ask Smudge to take over the CCL website duties so he can make it upto his standard in his own time, voluntarily of course, then if its not upto your standard, you can complain to him. 

Smudge, no you cannot call me Peter 'cos thats not my name, and I'd thank you for that.

Smudge you must understand that people have their own agenda's in life and its not ALL football !  You do not know what the CCL Committee duties are so why do you keep knocking them.  I reiterate, if you think you can do a better job then apply for a job with the CCL and see what it takes before critisising them, but then again would they accept you !

You follow and support whoever your grandson plays for which is fine, so just stick to watching a game and have a laugh after and stop moaning about everything !

Most Ppople work at CCL clubs voluntarily to help make clubs survive, so instead of degrading these personnel, perhaps applaud them for what they do at the best of their ability.