Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weekend Fixtures/Scores - 23 August

Valley 0 Spelthorne 2 - No complaints we lost to the better side on the day. We will pick ourselves up.

On a side note, our officials had a good day so praise where it's due.

Lammas 2-3 Banstead

Basically we gifted them 3 goals in the first half hour, then we pulled two goals back but unfortunately we couldn't find the third.

Good luck to Banstead for the rest of the season. Game was played in the right manner and the officials done well.

Thoroughly enjoyable game yesterday at Stag Meadow and probably one of the best I have seen for some time. Both sides fully committed and playing with skill, flair and passion. The only downside was that the game was spoilt an absolutely shocking refereeing performance. To summarise...

1. Basic inability to make use of his Assistants effectively. The worst example was when the ball went out for a goal kick but the referee failed to look across and play continued for at least 30 seconds

2. Lack of communication with the players while the game is going on. The better referees do this all the time and I know it is something that the players appreciate

3. Inability to keep up with play owing to a lack of fitness

4. Too many times the referee had his back to play which is just not on

5. Set his standards early in the second half with a ridiculous red card for Windsor's Kirby. It was not even a foul. The challenge was hard but certainly not dangerous. There was also absolutely no reaction from neither Cove bench nor players. The Cove player received treatment as he was winded from the challenge - either because the ball hit him at pace or by landing awkwardly. Even on of the Cove players said that he would have been absolutely gutted to have received a red card if he had made that challenge. Says it all really

6. Totally misses a two footed lunge because the referee had his back to play.

7. Allowed all sorts of holding and pushing in both penalty areas

He was being assessed as well so hopefully he will be sent packing to referee some Under 7 matches.

Windsor and Cove were an absolute credit to the CCL and the quality of their play would not have been out of place at a higher level. Such a shame that the third team were an utter shambles.

Well Duncs, I guess that depends on the luck of the draw. There was a spate of games last season where the officiating was absolutely excellent and that was regardless of the result. Even if Windsor had hung on to win 2-1, my reaction and opinion would have been exactly the same. The best officials are the ones you hardly notice.

Well Duncs, I guess that depends on the luck of the draw. There was a spate of games last season where the officiating was absolutely excellent and that was regardless of the result. Even if Windsor had hung on to win 2-1, my reaction and opinion would have been exactly the same. The best officials are the ones you hardly notice.

yep you are right there LS

Thoroughly enjoyable game yesterday at Stag Meadow and probably one of the best I have seen for some time. Both sides fully committed and playing with skill, flair and passion. The only downside was that the game was spoilt an absolutely shocking refereeing performance. To summarise...

1. Basic inability to make use of his Assistants effectively. The worst example was when the ball went out for a goal kick but the referee failed to look across and play continued for at least 30 seconds

2. Lack of communication with the players while the game is going on. The better referees do this all the time and I know it is something that the players appreciate

3. Inability to keep up with play owing to a lack of fitness

4. Too many times the referee had his back to play which is just not on

5. Set his standards early in the second half with a ridiculous red card for Windsor's Kirby. It was not even a foul. The challenge was hard but certainly not dangerous. There was also absolutely no reaction from neither Cove bench nor players. The Cove player received treatment as he was winded from the challenge - either because the ball hit him at pace or by landing awkwardly. Even on of the Cove players said that he would have been absolutely gutted to have received a red card if he had made that challenge. Says it all really

6. Totally misses a two footed lunge because the referee had his back to play.

7. Allowed all sorts of holding and pushing in both penalty areas

He was being assessed as well so hopefully he will be sent packing to referee some Under 7 matches.

Windsor and Cove were an absolute credit to the CCL and the quality of their play would not have been out of place at a higher level. Such a shame that the third team were an utter shambles.

According to Mitoo,the Official for this game was not Mr Buffoon as stated.The gentleman in charge was none other than than ex Football League Referee,Mr David Crick,one of the best Referees I have seen officiate in the CCL,in my time of watching at this level.

According to Mitoo,the Official for this game was not Mr Buffoon as stated.The gentleman in charge was none other than than ex Football League Referee,Mr David Crick,one of the best Referees I have seen officiate in the CCL,in my time of watching at this level.

It also appears he was lino at the 1997 FA Cup Final.

It also appears he was lino at the 1997 FA Cup Final.

Yes, but that was 17 years ago.

Unfortunately, time marches on !