Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southern League News

Savagebee - I'm certainly not taking anything away from Hanwell Town's achievements this season

Many Thanks Mr Rhodes

I see that Hanwell Town got a creditable 1-1 draw at fifth in the table Rugby Town yesterday:

http://www.rugbytownfc.com/2014-15/matchreports/league/hanwell-h.htm

• 1 month later...

I gather Hanwell Town v Leighton Town was called off at 14.50 yesterday at Reynolds Field, that's a poor show isn't it and a number of people, including this poster from another Forum, aren't best pleased:

Southern League Central
HANWELL TOWN V. LEIGHTON TOWN

1.30 Referee inspecting.
1.40 Referee still inspecting.
1.55 Referee pronounces GAME ON.

3.00PM Arrive (no thanks to slowcoaches) to find a few rather p!ssed off LTFC players and officials emerging into the car park. Game apparently called off at 2.50.
Return via Chesham Reserves - locked and deserted. Too late to risk trying anywhere else, so first blank Saturday this season.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what happened to Hanwell Town last Saturday losing 1-0 away at lowly Beaconsfield SYCOB who also won 3-1 at Reynolds Field back in September, there's a brief report on another Forum by a 'Stingray':

Southern League Central
BEACONSFIELD SYCOB 1-0 HANWELL TOWN
Admission £8.00 Prog £2.00 Cheeseburger £3.50 2x Tea £2.00
Attendance 75 (about right)

With Kettering off, I had to rethink and thankfully, this went ahead without any trouble whatsoever despite the pitch being very heavy. Sadly this was not one that will stay long in the memory as chances were few and far between with the only goal coming five minutes into the second half to give SYCOB a surprise win which was definitely not what Hanwell (or I) wanted.
They really need to sort out that bit in front of the Slough Town supporters hut

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Hanwell Town had a disappointing home defeat to lowly Leighton Town on Tuesday evening, things seem to be going from bad to worse for the beleaguered Reynolds Field Club:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/leightontown/s/match-centre-11587/1-1020362/

There was a report on the above game on another Forum by a Stingray, as i said a very disappointing home defeat for Hanwell Town:

Southern League Central
HANWELL TOWN 0-1 LEIGHTON TOWN
Admission £8.00 Prog Free (last one) CBC £4.00 Tea £1.00 Coffee £1.00
Attendance 81

After the result at Northwood, it was probably expecting too much to expect a repeat but this will go down just as well. Amidst the constant hum of the nearby A40 and thanks to a couple of dry days, the pitch stood up fairly well and even though we dominated possession for much of the first half, Hanwell were much more organised and showed that they weren't going to anywhere near as charitable. The only goal came in the 78th minute courtesy of Chris Crook and despite a spell of late Hanwell pressure, we held on for the win.

Chips nice (served with a metal fork in a clear plastic bowl), but I can only assume that they share Northwood's burger supplier as last night's offering had a similar texture. Another oddity is the trench that's been dug down the side of the pitch and under the walkway towards the bottom.

EDIT - Forgot to mention that the attendance may also have included a delegation from Barton Rovers who's home game last night was off - which doesn't bode well for tonight's Crawley Green game.

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Hanwell Town lost 3-1 to local rivals North Greenford United last night, hot on the heels of successive defeats to Royston Town last Saturday, a 4-1 drubbing at Kettering Town the Saturday before and a 2-0 home defeat by lowly Daventry Town, what has gone so terribly wrong at Reynolds Field.

I see that Hanwell Town lost 3-1 to local rivals North Greenford United last night, hot on the heels of successive defeats to Royston Town last Saturday, a 4-1 drubbing at Kettering Town the Saturday before and a 2-0 home defeat by lowly Daventry Town, what has gone so terribly wrong at Reynolds Field.

The pitch...

Britman - Were you there then

I wonder how Hanwell Town will get on tomorrow at home to Egham Town, I may even go along to Reynolds Field

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Hanwell Town went down 2-1 at lowly Potters Bar Town on Easter Monday despite taking a three minute lead, very disappointing:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/pottersbartownfc/s/match-centre-111221/1-1020497

I see that Hanwell Town just managed to scrape a 1-1 draw with mid table Marlow this afternoon at Reynolds Field with an 87th minute equaliser which disappointingly puts an end to the Club's play off hopes.

I see that Hanwell Town had another shocker yesterday going down 3-2 to Barton Rovers at Reynolds Field, I wonder what has gone so horribly wrong of late at the Club when the play offs seemed a cast iron certainty.

I see that Hanwell Town tamely lost their final game of the campaign at Aylesbury yesterday, very disappointing!:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/aylesburyfc/s/match-centre-77541/1-1020522/

• 3 months later...

It wasn't a good start to the new campaign for Hanwell Town on Saturday was it, going down 1-0 at home to Chalfont St Peter:

http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/news/saints-open-season-winning-note-9824121

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hanwelltown/teams/145546/match-centre/1-1608841

Another shocker of a result for Hanwell Town last Tuesday going down 3-0 at Egham Town, what has gone so horribly wrong at Reynolds Field!

I see that Hanwell Town slipped up again yesterday at Aylesbury United, having taken the lead shortly after the interval they gave away a soft last minute equaliser:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesnell/sets/72157654996811414