Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

£8 for an adult to watch CCL Premier Division football?

Lazy Sod

While at the Spelly V Bedfont game a couple of weeks ago two tight fisted groudhoppers wouldn't pay the admission bought a programme and left. During the game I found my self amid ground hoppers who were moaning about everything money can buy, admission, food and programme. Off course I moved.

To all ground hoppers please find out the price of admission then decide if your purse strings will allow your admittance, if not watch park football

TRS I didn't say Spelly charged £8 they only charged £7 I personally don't moan what I pay, as you say £6 is the norm with a quid or two extra at other grounds.

I've seen ground hoppers refuse to pay before and as long as they can spend a pound and get a programme they are happy.

As most teams run out of programmes if a few extra spectators arrive, I would move the programmes into the ground letting people who pay the admittance get a programme.

PARK FOOTBALL FREE NO PROGRAMME NO TEA

and that not adding beer to the debate!

The admission charge for adults at Ashford has been £8 since the start of the 2010-11 season - prior to that, it was £9.

Most clubs at Step 4 charge £8 (if not more) and while I appreciate that the club is now at Step 5, relegation didn't cut the rent on the ground, or the cost of utilities. There's no evidence that cutting the cost of entry would do anything to boost gates - it certainly didn't when we went down from Step 3 - and no business would voluntarily reduce its income, which is exactly what lowering prices without simultaneously increasing gates would do. 

Exactly. Plenty of clubs have reduced prices over the years in a bid to encourage more people to come through the gates. Almost without exception they've put them back up again within a year as it hasn't worked.

Ashford, and everyone else, can charge what they like. If they can get away with £8 then fair play to them.

You can't say 'it's too much' as people are paying it. It's early days but Ashford are averaging 118 so far this season, second only to Windsor.

If you're basing what you consider a fair price on the quality of football on show then no CCL club should be charging more than £2 a game.

I guess that home fans will pay whatever, but casuals will be more choosy. Probably won't make much difference to the club I appreciate. Anyone know if Chertsey are still charging £8? Another problem if 2 or 3 clubs are charging £8 you can bet that next season one or two more will do it and before you know it £8 is the standard entry. And yes I know it's only £2.

I was asked my opinion on a price rise at Camberley this season. My response was 'not yet' but it wouldn't surprise me if we went to £7 next season. We've been £6 for a few years now and inflationary pressures etc....

When talking about prices at our level you have to consider VAT at 20%. Not all clubs in the CCL will be registered so all the gate money is theirs but some do have to charge VAT and, if they're doing it right, pass it onto to HMRC.

I'd imagine at step 3 and above every club will be VAT registered. Step 4 is probably a bit mix and match like step 5.

At least you get a proper pint at Ashford. Worth paying a bit more for. Having said that, I can't remember thinking their beer was expensive when I went there this season.

I guess that home fans will pay whatever, but casuals will be more choosy. Probably won't make much difference to the club I appreciate. Anyone know if Chertsey are still charging £8? Another problem if 2 or 3 clubs are charging £8 you can bet that next season one or two more will do it and before you know it £8 is the standard entry. And yes I know it's only £2.

£7 at Chertsey today.

I'm not quite sure how many people don't go to a game because it's eight

quid to get in, but would if it was six. My guess is this doesn't apply to

enough people to make it significant.

Just as with Friday night football, I'd give clubs the freedom to be

creative and flexible in their approach to attracting paying guests.

If you're charging £7, make it £8 and it comes with a programme for the

first 50 in. Worth a try? Why not? ( It would keep the anoraks who buy a

programme and sod off at bay too...worth it for that alone in my book!)

I am surprised at grown men worrying about a pound more to get in!

Consider it as our parachute payment lol

Beano makes a good point, bills have stayed the same or increased. We have stayed the same price for 5 years! Perhaps people need to realise how difficult it is to keep football clubs running. The costs are mad. Refs and linos, floodlights, boardroom hospitality etc. We are doing our best to keep our prices as low as possible.

Not sure who Smudge is but after reading some of the comments on here I am surprised he is welcome at any club!

Our beer isn't expensive, perhaps he needs a whip around from everyone? I'll chuck a quid in a bucket for smudge!

The fact is we are a friendly club with a warm welcome, draught beer and one of the best burgers you can get. Although Knappers burgers last week we fantastic!

Cheer up everyone and let's concentrate on the football!

Dan

I am surprised at grown men worrying about a pound more to get in!

Consider it as our parachute payment lol

Beano makes a good point, bills have stayed the same or increased. We have stayed the same price for 5 years! Perhaps people need to realise how difficult it is to keep football clubs running. The costs are mad. Refs and linos, floodlights, boardroom hospitality etc. We are doing our best to keep our prices as low as possible.

Not sure who Smudge is but after reading some of the comments on here I am surprised he is welcome at any club!

Our beer isn't expensive, perhaps he needs a whip around from everyone? I'll chuck a quid in a bucket for smudge!

The fact is we are a friendly club with a warm welcome, draught beer and one of the best burgers you can get. Although Knappers burgers last week we fantastic!

Cheer up everyone and let's concentrate on the football!

Dan

Not sure how berating someone for questioning prices rises stacks up with

moaning about the increased cost of running a club, but I suppose that

depends on what your agenda is.

I'm not sure what the personal comments achieve towards someone who I may

not always agree with, but would not insult over something as

insignificant as a hobby...must be a "moderator" ( ho ho) thing.

A pound or two extra on admission wouldn't make me not go to a game, but

if clubs want to survive, they need to realise that old gits don't live

forever and they need to be replaced with new faces somehow

Not sure how berating someone for questioning prices rises stacks up withmoaning about the increased cost of running a club, but I suppose thatdepends on what your agenda is.I'm not sure what the personal comments achieve towards someone who I maynot always agree with, but would not insult over something asinsignificant as a hobby...must be a "moderator" ( ho ho) thing.A pound or two extra on admission wouldn't make me not go to a game, butif clubs want to survive, they need to realise that old gits don't liveforever and they need to be replaced with new faces somehow

each to their own, as mentioned football isn't cheap, It is a hobby to some, a religion to others. Let's all agree to disagree.

The price of admission & extras is over