Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well, thats their cup final out of the way - Happy fans

Cookie

Dulwich Hamlet beat you fair and square three times last season with a more balanced financial playingfield, including away in the 
FA cup, coming from 1-0 behind just like last night. Therefore, we got closer to the FA cup final than Margate. Now we've beat you with all your bags of money. I think last night was your cup final playing in front of 811 passionate noisy fans on a Tuesday night but I didn't want to say anything...

You will probably buy the league (how does hollowness feel?) with your cash but we'll win the moral victory. And when we have an even bigger crowd on Saturday than last night we'll have the last laugh on this matter as well. 

Good luck for the rest of the season, but when you have pots of cash, who needs luck?

Pathetic response. They have even made sarcastic reference on their forum to our subs board used last night. In fact not a toy purchased by our new owner but actually bought by us fans about 18 months ago as we thought it was a nice gift for the club to use having seen it used by other teams in our league. Away teams have borrowed it at our place as well.

Get used to it,we endured it 10 or so years ago & I hope it ends better for you guys than it did us,I'm

Pretty confident it will.

To be fair,you can't really blame opposing clubs,fans,etc using such titles as "slaying moneybags margate" or the like when or if they beat you ,that's fine,it's the sly little digs from clubs that can be annoying.

The fact remains that to get out of this division you do need cash and margate do seem to have more than enough but those with the cash still have to use it properly to get the results,it seems they are doing that but it may not be as easy as I and many people thought it would,Maidstone with their gates will obviously attract a better quality of players than most and teams like Dulwich with a sizeable support will also be up there.

I suppose it's when every clubs squad is stretched to the limit that Margate may suddenly pull away

This Margate fan seems to perfectly understand what the Dulwich fans (the rabble) are about. I'd suggest you read it. 

http://theblueeyedblog.wordpress.com/author/blackz9offical/

I'm just irreverencing. Every game is a cup final for Dulwich fans as we do our best to create a carnival atmosphere, home or away, win or lose.

I just hope that if and when your owners are bored/fed up with their new toy they'll leave it in a reasonable condition. You will be a target for teams this season which is natural under the circumstances. I just hope that Dulwich have the power to compete after the heartbreak of letting a title winning position slip away last season after leading the table with 2 months to go.

Good luck for the rest of the season and may be the best team get promoted. Or both.

Having leapt on the Margate bandwagon in the heady days of the Conference and followed them ever since I'd like to think I qualify as a "real" fan by now. Sure I'm a little cynical of our suddenly enlarged crowds but it's great for the club, the atmosphere at games and I hope more and more people continue to discover their local football team.

Believe me every game we win feels far from hollow and every defeat feels bitterly disappointing. Dulwich Hamlet played really well Tuesday night as they did the three times we played them last season and deserved victory on each occasion. I'm delighted money has come to our club, it makes a nice change from being under threat from the league for financial failings. Yes we are lucky but that certainly doesn't make us entitled to anything. I shall enjoy it while I can and do hope that we can get a victory over the Hamlet in the return fixture - but I'm sure it won't be easy.

Dulwich Hamlet beat you fair and square three times last season with a more balanced financial playingfield, including away in the 

FA cup, coming from 1-0 behind just like last night. Therefore, we got closer to the FA cup final than Margate. Now we've beat you with all your bags of money. I think last night was your cup final playing in front of 811 passionate noisy fans on a Tuesday night but I didn't want to say anything...

You will probably buy the league (how does hollowness feel?) with your cash but we'll win the moral victory. And when we have an even bigger crowd on Saturday than last night we'll have the last laugh on this matter as well. 

Good luck for the rest of the season, but when you have pots of cash, who needs luck?

You really need to see someone professional about this little problem you have - a true keyboard warrior.............. lol

Yes, I believe you are bitter. Money can't buy real fans. 

Here's some appropriate music for your bedtime predilections whilst the Hamlet fans are still out partying like we do after every game, win or lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymwJBgcYrIM

I bet your a twelve year old are'nt you...... go on be honest...... are you back at "senior" school today - go on tell us what your favourite subject is........ is it biology or geography, it certainly isnt social studies.   

This Margate fan seems to perfectly understand what the Dulwich fans (the rabble) are about. I'd suggest you read it. 

http://theblueeyedblog.wordpress.com/author/blackz9offical/

I'm just irreverencing. Every game is a cup final for Dulwich fans as we do our best to create a carnival atmosphere, home or away, win or lose.

I just hope that if and when your owners are bored/fed up with their new toy they'll leave it in a reasonable condition. You will be a target for teams this season which is natural under the circumstances. I just hope that Dulwich have the power to compete after the heartbreak of letting a title winning position slip away last season after leading the table with 2 months to go.

Good luck for the rest of the season and may be the best team get promoted. Or both.

Hipster bellends who've jumped on the 'ooh, aren't local football clubs cute' bandwagon, that's all you are. Dulwich's average crowd was about 200 about four years ago. You'll latch on to another fad soon enough. 

Is this also the same Dulwich who reported all sorts of financial problems last season?

People in glass houses...

I'd just enjoy the situation you're in now and ignore any bitterness and jealousy coming your way. If it doesn't last, then it doesn't last.

I'd love Hornchurch to be in your position but we're not and we have just got to get on with it, same as the other clubs in this league.

Won't be wishing you good luck on Saturday for obvious reasons, hoping for a Purcell hat-trick :)

I'd just enjoy the situation you're in now and ignore any bitterness and jealousy coming your way. If it doesn't last, then it doesn't last.

I'd love Hornchurch to be in your position but we're not and we have just got to get on with it, same as the other clubs in this league.

Won't be wishing you good luck on Saturday for obvious reasons, hoping for a Purcell hat-trick :)

dont think Purcell will score..... that many OWN goals but I wanna be in that crowd when it happens :), joking aside Im sure Hx will rise to the challenge and playing at home might be what your players need - see you all Saturday

Yes, I believe you are bitter. Money can't buy real fans. 

Here's some appropriate music for your bedtime predilections whilst the Hamlet fans are still out partying like we do after every game, win or lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymwJBgcYrIM

G Man hasn't added any friends yet....................... not likely too either with his attitude - his report should read "does'nt play well with others" BILLY NO MATES :P

The mental but brilliant Alan Ainsworth wrote this about the new breed of Dulwich fans on the Hendon forum a while back...

The extreme example of new-style "fans" have flocked to Dulwich Hamlet.
It's not an apocryphal tale that many of Dulwich Hamlet FC's "fans" pitched up for the final game of the season last April with no idea that the club most likely needed three points to remain in the top five and make the play-offs.
Many of their (almost exclusively white, male, middle-class, bearded) hipster student types do not turn up at Edgar Kail Way to watch football. They know next to nothing about the game.
They have a pre-match bevvy at a student bar or from a carry out. They bring along their International Brigades / Palestine / Toscana / Che Guevara / Soviet Union / Yugoslavia / ANC / Brigate Rosse flags and banners. (None of these "offend" anyone, obviously.)
They get in for a £5 student rate.

To be fair, as someone who's supported The Hamlet all my life, over 40 years now man & boy, that piece from the Hendon bloke is among the biggest load of crap I've ever read...

Yes, some fans at our last game of the season, attendance just under 1,400; didn't know what was at stake, or what score was needed...but then our league average last season was'only' 667. So there were plenty of locals there who were not aware of exactly what result was needed. But who cares? Locals, from all over South London, continue to come to our matches, and there are newcomers every game. The atmosphere is, dare I say it, unique, and our fans ARE very 'un-no league'. A mix of old fans, new fans, young, old. Families, lots of female fans too. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for the abundance of 'student types'...yes, we do have students following us. Well there's a shock in London, with it's abundance of universities. We don't offer a £5 student rate either. We are proud to offer only £4 for not just students, but 12 to 18 year olds; over 60s; unwaged; local NHS workers; and those from the three blue light emergency services, as well as serving armed services. The football under Gavin Rose has been amazing.In his first season in charge, five years ago, our average home league crowd was 180. We're now taking more than that to some away matches. So, yes...throw digs at us, Hendon, if you wish, but it's water off a ducks back. I've never enjoyed supporting The Hamlet more than I ever have now...

True, for many of the newer fans...they don't know what it's like to follow a 'crap' Dulwich side.....but when that time inveitably comes I think our crowds will drop...but not back to sub two hundreds. People may not get, or understand our fans, but hey...what would those who make lazy digs about students & hipsters (Hello Hendon & Kingstonian, to name but two..) give to have our followings and atmosphere home & away?

As for Margate being labelled 'moneybags'...well, to be fair, you can hardly deny it with your budget. But there's nothing you can do about it. I just hope you don't end up the same way as Hornchurch FC did...and go bust as a result,with there being an AFC Margate in the future in the local county leagues  at Step Five...

Looking forward to visiting your place again for the return league fixture...

Edited by Dulwich Mishi