Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well, thats their cup final out of the way - Happy fans

Cookie

Can understand people calling us moneybags, but other clubs fans sometimes having a dig at us is strange. No Margate fans have given it the big i am.

We have struggled for funds in the past and made it to the conf without a huge budget. I like many are very thankful that Bob has come in and thrown himself (and his £) into our club. He has already worked wonders, not just on the playing side! And is a genuine nice guy.

As for Dulwich looking at the pictures it seems you do have a good atmosphere there. And you beat us fair and square by coming out all guns blazing 2nd half. I wish you all the best and look forward to the return fixture.

Edited by Gringo

Wowzerz!

Where do I start?

For one, I come to this forum with little intention other than to ultimately promote harmony between Dulwich Hamlet FC and Margate FC. Had I known that the Margate forum had such a low barometer for any sense of irony I wouldn't have bothered. So if anyone can be bothered to bare with my long and potentially tedious post then feel free. Afterwards, to quote our much missed ohmydecades/Vornstyle/Nipple rubbing/lactating comrade Robert, "we can make love like wild badgers!".      When a thread begins with "Well, thats their cup final out of the way - Happy fans", (grammatical error included - but I teach English as a foreign language, as opposed to being a spotty 12 year old "keyboard warrior" who types with one hand whilst [****!!****]ing off to naked pictures of Jennifer Lawrence with the other, so I'm bound to be pedantic. N.B not that my grammar is perfect - it's sometimes deliberately awkward in a kind of Cormac McCarthy way to try to bamboozle people) then the thread deserves to be mocked. What an egotistical statement. Unless, of course, you were being ironic, which I took it to be. Perhaps not. How sad.  
  Margate are not a cup final to Dulwich Hamlet home or away. As I pointed out, Dulwich beat you fair and square three times last season. Perhaps some fans have underlying resentment at our clear footballing supremacy. Four defeats in a row bites hard no doubt. I attended all three games. We were victors in the league 2-0 at Champion Hill, where we conga-ed merely because we can. And then four days later, we came from behind to win 2-1 in the 2nd qualifying round of the FA cup away. We got further in the FA cup and closer to the final than Margate. Bitter?   bitter

adjective UK   /ˈbɪt.ər/ US    /ˈbɪt̬.ɚ/

bitter adjective (ANGRY)

B2 describes a person who is angry and unhappy because they cannot forget bad things that happened in the past:I feel very bitter about my childhood and all that I went through.She'd suffered terribly over the years but it hadn't made her bitter

Then on January 21st we took a sizeable minority, on a freezing, wet Tuesday night to witness the Hamlet erase a 2-0 half time deficit to win 4-2 despite the fact that the team coach arrived 45 minutes late due to traffic. We brought a party atmosphere to all three games. We conga-ed all three times. We even later named the conga G Man conga and we dance it to this day, whether to G Man or somebody else's name. That's just the way we roll. We'd have partied had we lost all three games. That is the nature of our support and what opposition fans sometimes misunderstand.   The results on the pitch are factual information. Yet Dulwich are supposed to be overawed by the prospect of Margate FC because you found yourself to be top of the table seven games into a new season? Please don't flatter yourselves. Beating the team that sit at the top of the table is always nice but It's non-league day, pay what you want on the gate at Champion Hill versus Hampton and Richmond on Saturday. That is our big game this week which we are going to great lengths to promote. We are very proud of our club and we want as many people to enjoy the carnival atmosphere at Dulwich as possible. Although in reality, we take equal pride in home games versus Peacehaven and Telscombe or Leiston away. We really don't care who we play as long as the players representing the famous pink and blue shirts on the pitch stay true to the integrity of the beautiful football they (attempt) to play. Whilst they do that, we get rat arsed and try to befriend everybody. If other teams hate us because of lazy, pre-conceived misconceptions and they cannot be bothered to come up to the rabble (hardcore Dulwich fans) and say 'hello?' then that is their prerogative. Wealdstone made snarky remarks about us on their forum prior to our visit in late March last season. I was ironic back to them, and like here it was shoved back in my face with spite. It has to be pointed out that Alan Ainsworth, whose comments you glorify as fact (they are wholly untrue and completely ignorant), is totally unaware of real Dulwich fans. He's encountered more wild badgers love making than actual Dulwich fans. I digress.   As for matters on the pitch, we memorably came from 2-0 down to gain a 2-2 draw when we were on a 6 game winless streak. Afterwards, we drank and sang in the Wealdstone bar. Waxed lyrical with the 'Wealdstone Raider' (he's really sweet and is a favourite with the ladies - who'da thunk it!?). Then we went and chatted with the same fans who shouted a torrent of abuse at our now departed left back, Ahmed Deen, (who scored a cracking goal of the season contender equaliser) whilst he lay injured on the ground at Champion Hill during our 4-1 home defeat to Wealdstone in November 2013. The layers of ignorance of each other peeled away. They sneered prior to the game but by its conclusion they absolutely [****!!****]ing loved Dulwich! It was a beautiful coming together of rival fans making metaphorical man love whilst not rubbing our nipples (we save that exclusively for Kingstonian) as our respective teams were competing for the title. Memories that I cherish and will stay with me for a long time.   Personal attacks on me?   Wow!!!   "Sad little man", "spiteful", "chip on shoulder", "keyboard warrior" (I think I've rather  successfully dealt with that particular derogatory statement) , and "12 year old". If you turn your powers of perception into introspection you may find these hideous traits in your own spitefulness. Unless, of course, you were being ironic in a kind of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson way, then that excuses any spitefulness. I'm joking of course, in a Stewart Lee kind of way, even though I mean it. Even though I don't. Corridor of uncertainty...   Hipsters?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... again, pure laziness peddled by people who can't be bothered to investigate. Does anyone truly understand what is happening in London these days or is everyone so ignorant of the truth they just believe the hype? Do you need educating?  
  I am a hipster. I'm currently stood somewhere in a slowlygentrifying as we speak area (add anywhere in zone 2 South East London - Peckham perchance?) stroking my ridiculously mahoosively long beard whilst sucking on a roll up whilst it is obvious that I can afford Benson and Hedges whilst waiting to go to a Blade Runner style pop up bar in Haggerston whilst sneering at other clubs who I consider to be in my infinite egotistical wisdom culturally and politically inferior to me...Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...     It's true that some of our fandom are glory hunters who know little about what is happening on the pitch. Hipsters if you will. Educate yourself on hipsters by the way because you are wide of the mark like a John Terry spot kick in a penalty shootout in a champions league final. Nevertheless, our support has increased gradually over a period of time through word of mouth and the dedication of several fanatics who you may choose to label hipsters. There has been no spike due to a sudden injection of cash. It has been organically mesmerising. That is your potential loss if you choose not to engage. We have a strong nucleus of fans who will stay long after the glory days are over (and the days are currently gloriously glorious) and who will fight to protect the club from the potential dangers ahead of property development. What is happening at Dulwich is so unbelievably special and long may we and other fans enjoy it. We'll continue in the face of derision and cynicism. Bring the man love!   You could do worse than read this forum posting on Dulwich v Margate on Tuesday to learn a bit about who we are.   http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/dulwich-hamlet-2-margate-1-tues-2nd-sept.327035/   We apologise for the flashy sign comment. We don't apologise for your money. As I've said, and others here have at least acknowledged it, you'll be targets all season. I can't help that.   Why choose to mock us for our financial problems last season? Spiteful? I believe so. Do you realise how close we came to oblivion? Shouldn't non-league clubs stick together to fight against the evils that potentially threaten our futures? It would give me no pleasure whatsoever so see the Margate bubble end, thus resulting in your future being threatened. I actually met your owner last January and he seemed a pleasant chap, although somewhat robotic, informing anyone who would listen of his plans for Margate.     My name at Dulwich is G Man. I make no effort to hide behind a pseudonym. I am a visible presence. I'll be at Margate away on January 17th. I go to Dulwich games home and away unless I'm physically incapacitated. I'll personally seek out anyone who contributed to this forum and shake all your hands with the offer of friendship. We can share a beer or several and have what is commonly known as 'bantz'. Because everyone who knows the G Man (I have an odd habit of referring to myself in the 3rd person, but whatever) knows that, when you get past the ridiculousness of his persona, he offers plentiful amounts of man love. He'll happily chat with anyone about Dulwich hamlet FC or Margate FC. And pretty much any other bollocks he can think of. Which is a lot. He'll make metaphorical man love all day long. His nipples are lactating already. You can milk him there. He's off now to cum over pictures of Jennifer Lawrence like any 12 year old would.         P.S I was really bored this evening and I'm obviously all [****!!****]ed out.

Well, clearly not a 12 year o

That was possibly the longest thread that I have ever read and to begin with thought this is the ramblings of someone not quite stable and possibly someone to avoid whilst walking down the street..... and then .... it struck me that as I read on (yes I read the lot) this guy was similar to us in the way that he supports his club and was just defending an observed attack on his beloved, just like any of us would do had the attack been aimed at Margate FC.  The fact that the thread title is a little ambiguous and probably a little tongue in cheek doesnt excuse the fact that maybe, just maybe we are all guilty here of chomping at the bit in biting after what was a good display of Non League Footie.   To G-man although I found your initial post offensive and frankly condescending I will concede you have a valid point and if you manage to make it down to Margate for (I hope a reverse result) I offer you and yours a libation at our bar and hopefully and not so long winded conversation about how you were unlucky "Not" to have got a result against us at our home (irony) :)  I apologise for my earlier post against you and hope that maybe we as a club can forge a better link with DH similar to the one we enjoy with HX,

Edited by dannyriding

wow-follow that .

Is that an interesting post from Mr G Man ?

Stupid of me to think that G Man may have been a pseudonym-pleased to be corrected.

It does shed some light on how those minority citizens like me who don't hanker after alcohol get a bit of a hard time at dulwich-queued up at the tea bar to get a coffee-again stupid me-then told we don't serve hot drinks-go to the bar-so go upstairs where they begrudingly dusted off the coffee machine and ten mnutes later-i got my coffee at the bar.

Interesting club and supporters  though,and enjoyed the vibe ,if not the result

Edited by michael

I for one thought the Dulwich fans were superb on the night throughout the game, as for G Man what a post, you will have made our Cookie, who is renowned for his long posts, very jealous :)

I hated losing in such a way on Tuesday but I sat back in admiration at the ways the fans celebrated, if Cookie had been there I am sure he would have thought similar.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season and I look forward to meeting you all again at our place.

Right lets get things straight here. With the title being "Thats their cup final out of the way" I wasn't having a dig at Dulwich in any way whatsoever. I was in fact having a dig at our players.

We will have a lot more "Cup finals" this season in the league as all others want to put one over on us. Increased crowds when we turn up are because of all the hype surrounding us at present. We therefore have to treat every game as a Cup final and we must adjust and counter this & play like we mean business.

We had Dulwich,as we did Leiston at our mercy only to see us drop points,as well as the opposition played.We shouldn't be doing this,we are full of old seasoned,extremely talented campaigners & of course some super really talented youngsters and the team should be able to withstand this kind of heat.

Look we lost, the score says we lost but we should be taking care of business in a better way than we have done in the past 2 games. We cannot afford to keep losing these league games or we wont have any silverware at the end of the season or promotion.

My two words for our team is "knuckle down".

Our team are playing fantastic football up to a point. Its beyond this point that we are letting ourselves down.

Maybe in hindsight had I entitled the thread "That's another cup final out of the way" it would have been better understood. Sorry for that but the pictures and write up were all concerning Dulwich and the elations and celebrations at beating us and that was why I called it "their" cup final..

Edited by Cookie

Were you at the game on Tuesday night Tony? No team, no matter who they are, can win every game and Dulwich, to their credit, outplayed us in the second half and a draw was probably the correct result but Hamici still had to finish well despite Charlies error.

We'll call it a draw!

Jokes aside, the hatchet is buried if that's ok with you. See you on January 17th hopefully it will be a table topping clash. Just beat Leatherhead whatever you do!

I think some of us are a bit sensitive about being called money bags - me included to be fair - its hard on us getting stick because we've been really fortunate in having someone come in for us for a change. We're a passionate breed as football fans and it does hurt when people attack us for whatever reason! But we are nice bunch I promise  ;) and G Man we'll be happy to celebrate/commiserate in the bar after the game in January!