Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Billericay Town V Hadleigh United

Brightside Bloke

I see on their website they are running a coach for the supporters. & the weather is looking good 

Makes for a good day out at New Lodge.

Let's give the league a rest and get behind Craig and the lads for the FA Cup game

https://www.facebook.com/events/779708812093626/?source=1

A quick look at Hadleigh United

http://billericaytownfc.wix.com/fans#!hadleighunitedhome/c156n

It should be interesting to see what sort of squad Craig puts out.  It'd be good to see a few of the fringe players getting a run out as they'll be hungry to play, and with a trip to Bury in midweek a few of the regulars might do with a rest?

A quick look at Hadleigh United

http://billericaytownfc.wix.com/fans#!hadleighunitedhome/c156n

It should be interesting to see what sort of squad Craig puts out.  It'd be good to see a few of the fringe players getting a run out as they'll be hungry to play, and with a trip to Bury in midweek a few of the regulars might do with a rest?

This is the FA Cup not the Robert Dyas Cup !!!!   This is the only chance for the Club to get some decent prize money in the coffers. Hadleigh have nothing to lose and will be full of confidence. We must put out our strongest team. This game is more important than Bury next week.

A crucial game for us. With all the talk of low gates, a run to the first round proper would do us a world of good. Hadleigh should be underestimated at our peril, winning is a habit no matter what the level. 8 wins from 9 including a win away at higher league oppo is a formidable record

Fine win and a good effort today. Two early goals was just what we wanted to settle us down and overall we could have won by a wide margin although they battled away right to the end.

Thought Jack Edwards put in much improved performance today and Sapps made the game look stupidly easy when he came on.

We did miss some good chances and the grass looked a big on the long side still bit overall it was a really good result. Chelmo at home in the next round would be nice. COYB!

A good afternoon for the lads and I agree that Sapps looked a different class when he came on for the last 15 minutes. Perhaps we should keep him as a super sub !!!  Despite being his first game of the season, I thought Liburd put in a good shift and he could be a real handful for defenders when he is fully match fit.

Not that it mattered, but I thought there were some erratic decisions from the officials during the game. My biggest disappointment however was the size of the gate  - less than 250 for an FA Cup Saturday was poor.

COYB   

I agree Liburd looked very useful, a lot of pace. He was voted man of the match in NLP. Benjamin worked very hard again and scored a fine goal but he needs to distribute the ball a bit better.

Sappleton can become a cult hero for us. He oozes class and those hard weeks of training seem to have lost a bit of bulk and gained some much needed mobility. If he stays injury and suspension free we could see a 30 goal striker for the first time in a while.

Well done to Craig for playing a strong side, it was a vital win and with next round home to Raynes Park, a good long run with plenty of prize money is just what the chairman ordered !!

My biggest disappointment however was the size of the gate  - less than 250 for an FA Cup Saturday was poor.

COYB   

It was our 3rd worst ever attendance for an FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round match at New Lodge. The worst, that would be last season v Leiston. #trends

Non league football is dying,people think it's not because clubs like Dulwich get 3000 for the odd game or clubs like Maidstone get 1500 per game but these are exceptions to the rule.

It's about time the people that run Non league football took their heads out from their arses and realised what's happening.

Unless they do so,I will guarantee you that in 10 years time ,at least 50 clubs from Ryman north level to conference South level will be no more

Archived