Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Which eleven

old git

there seems to be a lot of talk about team selection so

1/ what team would you pick

2/what formation would you play

lets see if anybody gets it right for saturday??????????????????????

-------------------------------------------------

today was only yesterday,s tomorrow

We need more sexy, flowing, attacking football:

4 - 3 - 1 - 2

Wilkerson

Lee Shearer Duku Gibbs

Owen McKimm Walshe

Evans (In a Paul Scholes kind of role)

Howarth Kumbur (The sooner he's match fit, the better - goal ratio speaks for itself)

Leaving a bench of: Slade, Skinner, Drury, Pinnock, Abbey

GK- Wilko

LB-Skinns

RB- Matt Lee

CB-Fridge

CB- Chris Moore

LM- Walshey

RM-Rob Owen

CM- Macca

Attaking center mid- Andy Drury (iknow es left footed & a winger, but if he brings his flair inside we could b alot moecreative.

FC- Rob Haworth

FC- Kumbur or Pinno- NOT BEN ABBEY!!

No need 2 do subs?

Over the top criticism of Ben Abbey on here has been disgraceful, but why is it some players seem to be exempt particularly Rob Owen. He didn't play well at Barnet, and was very poor and substituted at half-time on Saturday. Rob Haworth's performances are poor week after week. Let's have a bit of consistency.

My side for Tamworth

Wilkerson

Lee

Skinner

Shearer

Duku

Moore

Drury

Owen

Haworth

Mckimm

Walshe

Haworth and Abbey/Pinnock get no decent service whatsoever.

We're not creative enough.

Howarth wins his fair share of headers but if the other forwards don't want to run for the ball or are too small to get the knockdowns, then we're not going to score are we?

We need a link up attacking central midfielder.

David Platt in his prime would do or we could put in a cheeky bid for Scholes in the transfer window!

FourFourTwo said:

"Rob Owen. He didn't play well at Barnet"

Was I watching a different Rob Owen at Barnet. He was by far our strongest player going forward and in the last half hour was pushing up the left wing giving their no.4 all sorts of problems. I would like to see him do more of this which he does so well particularly on the right when he manages to get round behind the defenders to the dead ball line and cut the ball back across goal. Even Abbey has a chance of scoring from these type of balls...

FourFourTwo said:

Over the top criticism of Ben Abbey on here has been disgraceful. Rob Haworth's performances are poor week after week. Let's have a bit of consistency.

***I agree that Abbey probably gets 'picked on' more than other players, but I notice he doesn't make your team either? The abuse is over-the-top but he clearly shouldn't be a regular starter. Haworth's had a hard time of it recently but mainly due to poor service. He's still scored five or six since he's been here, and the one he got against Exeter... if that had been Abbey or Stadhart or Booth or probably even Pinnock, it would have been hit at the keeper.

My XI would be:

Wilkerson

Lee

Gibbs

Shearer

Moore

McKimm

Owen

Walshe

Pinnock (as an attacking midfielder)

Haworth

Evans

Subs: O'Reilly, Drury, Kumbur/Abbey, Skinner, Strouts

I would play....

Wilko

Lee

Moore

Shearer

Gibbs/Skinner-(if fit)

Walshe

Macca

Strouts

Drury

Haworth

Kumbur/Evans

Bench: O'reilly, Gradley, Owen, Kumbur/Evans, Daly

I wouldn't even give Ben Abbey a place on the bench, I know even though we have a striker shortage, he just ain't worthy of wearing the Red and White ( or Blue) of GNFC.

Interesting to see Dukes not appearing in some of the line-ups. I believe the Shears/Mooro partnership has worked better and Shearer should also be Captain. There, that's upset a few!

Abbey should go and look elsewhere, he's been around the block and no-one else wanted to keep him so why should we? It's time to get decent players in (not cast off's) which may mean having a manager who can attract them to this club.

Wasn't Rob Owen playing well and man-of-the match a few times earlier this year and then, after being dropped for some strange Fordy reason, appeared to have lost his way/confidence for a while?

How many times does Rob Haworth nod on from throw-ins and there's not a fleet player behind him??? Pretty obvious but who does anything about it! Same goes for the long ball, most of the time.

Time for Evans me thinks... not the fastest but talented, intelligent, superb kick on him and now full of confidence after his Bedford spell. Bury your differences, if any, AF and give him another go on Sat. A 5-0 win at Tamworth and we leapfrog them and Louie gets a hat-trick. Ooops ..dreaming for a minute there!!!