Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gutted

The Crowing Cockerel

Very proud to be a Town fan this evening. Thought the lads battled throughout and more than matched a side well-placed a step above. In the end two factors made the difference:

1. The Eastbourne subs were stronger than Town's

2. The Eastbourne keeper was probably man of the match

Kirbs should've put us 3-1 up with a free header 3 yards out and pushed it wide, and there was a great one-on-one chance at the end of extra time to wrap things up with the Eastbourne keeper again pulling off a great save. Football really is a cruel game.

Still, a cracking cup tie. Evenings like that are why I support The Town!

Onwards and upwards...

Totally agree CC. Very proud to be a Town fan last night.

It was an amazing night and a game that had absolutely everything. I also think the referee managed the game brilliantly. Nights like yesterday make it all worthwhile; despite the result. Driving home I was trying to remember the last time I enjoyed a Cup game that much. Probably Bishop Auckland at home when Paul Turner hooked in the winner at the Town End.

Thought the ref also had a very good game and in no small way contributed to the spectacle.

Brad Quinton is doing incredible work putting together a very useful side - carrying on from where George Borg left off.

In 13 years of Enfield Town this is definitely the strongest team we've fielded. Continue like this and I have no doubt the London Borough of Enfield will once again have a team which is a major force in non-league football.

I thought the referee had a fantastic game and waited by the tunnel to tell him. So much better than some supporters berating officials from behind the safety of a fence.

Thought the turning point of the game in our favour was the pressure ETFC put on their back four immediately after half time. In the first half EBFC had so much time on their hands to bring the ball out of their defence.

Great game. Great spectacle. Hopefully, onwards and upwards.

He was a good ref. Insisted that nobody stole ground on throw-ins, unlike the ref at their place. Was not fussy at free kicks with regard to distance away by opponents, on one occasion an Eastbourne player kicked a ball at one of our players at a free kick and then complained when the ref did not stop play. Had control throughout the game without resorting too much to yellow cards but let the game flow.

Kept on top of time wasting without labouring the issue. Altogether an excellent display.

But I have to say his job was made easier by the spirit within the game by both sides. There was no needle which is unusual, especially in replays.

Archived