Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fans Forum & Player Sponsor Evening

BenMurray

As mentioned in my notes from Saturday's game, on Thursday 16th October at 8.00pm there will be a fans forum at the club, hopefully as many supporters can make it as possible.

It is fantastic that we have now almost completed the player sponsorship form and after the FansForum has taken place it would be good for all sponsors to meet and have a drink with their player that they have sponsored.

Hopefully you can all make it!

Ben

Gave my two programmes I bought on Saturday away - one to a Winchester City fan & groundhopper, and the other to Chas for the MoM vote.

I didn't therefore see Ben's notes and in any case the programmes sold out, which was good for the Club and probably a bit of a rarety these days.

The Forum is a good idea, and hopefully will be well-attended.

Just one thought - has the possibility of inviting the Club's other sponsors been considered? It could generate more support and let them meet the fans and see what they get for their kind sponsorship.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the reasons I didn't go, mate.

Last month a very close friend died (he was the husband of my wife's best friend, who was maid of honour at our wedding, so it's hit her even harder). My wife and I also had some bad personal news the same week (which I can't / won't go into here), plus my company relocated in July to a new location which I hate, so work's been shit recently. In truth, for the last few weeks I've been on auto-pilot. I realise others at this club, let alone elsewhere, have endured / suffered worse recently and, in some cases, come through superbly. Our esteemed chairman, Tony and Keith immediately spring to mind. I'm just not much cop at this sort of thing.

My moodset went some way to my judgements regarding Saturday's result. No malice meant and I hope Ben and the team realise that. I care - I show it in funny ways, but I care. The lads on the pitch and in the dugout have exceeded expectations this season thus far. I'm not on full cylinders right now, and I lashed out a bit too much after the game. Had I come tonight, I would have come in peace, but I thought it best after my remarks to stay at home. I didn't want to cause a cloud on the evening.

Mind you, I've already checked out the nickname of our FA Vase opponents Loxwood (The Magpies) and their necessary change kit for our match (all red), so I'm happy to stay on the mic unless people on or off the pitch prefer a change.

Eddie - respect. Enough said from me, except......................

I remember when my first (and only) wife ran off with my best friend. I don't half miss him!

As I've said before, the mic just isn't the same without your dulcet tones informing us what is going on from the dugouts when players are subbed etc. I've been to a few grounds this season, where there are no announcements (or in one unnamed case at a ground nearby, a stumbling, incoherent attempt at announcing teams, with difficult to pronounce names, which always makes me laugh) and it does make a difference to hear from someone who takes the effort to clarify what are often movements amongst the printed team lists and match officials and can speak proper English. You sound professional, and had a hard act to follow after Beano's stint.

I am sure that those who visit the RPS also appreciate it, as us regulars certainly do.

ps - Just noticed this is my 300th post on here. Others have done many more, but sometimes "it's the way you tell 'em".

Cheers, mate. Don't forget, though, we have some fine continuity announcers at the club, including Dan and Mark Tobin, the latter apparently putting in a fine 'Radio 2' stint for the Bedfont Sports game.

Hope the sponsors' evening went well. I've just realised it's probably the first time the player I've sponsored has scored in consecutive games - not that you'd intend Russ to be a goal machine in the first place!   :D

Archived