Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 11th October Match/Results Thread

Saturday 11th October
                Cherry Red Records Premier Challenge Cup 2nd Round
                Sheerwater               v      Mole Valley SCR
                Premier Division
                Chertsey Town            v      Camberley Town
                Cove                     v      Colliers Wood Utd
                Epsom & Ewell            v      Bedfont Sports
                Farnham Town             v      Westfield
                Guildford City           v      Frimley Green
                Hanworth Villa           v      Badshot Lea
                Horley Town              v      Hartley Wintney
                Knaphill                 v      Windsor
                Molesey                  v      Raynes Park Vale
                Spelthorne Sports        v      Ashford Town
                Division 1
                Ash United               v      Eversley & California
                CB Hounslow Utd          v      Worcester Park
                Chessington & Hook Utd   v      Banstead Athletic
                Cobham                   v      Alton Town
                Farleigh Rovers          v      Epsom Athletic
                Sandhurst Town           v      AFC Croydon Athletic
                Staines Lammas           v      Bedfont & Feltham

Draws for Ashford Town,Camberley,Cove,Spelthorne,

Wins for Molesey,Hartley Wintney,Badshot Lea,Bedfont Sports,Farnham,Windsor,Frimley Green,Mole Valley in cup

Div 1

Wins for AFC Croydon Ath.Bedfont and Feltham,Alton,Ash,Worcester Park,

Draws for Farleigh Rovers,Epsom Ath,Banstead/Chessington, unknown

Knaphill V Windsor yesterday.

I have to say that the burgers are the best I have had anywhere in the CCL and that the matchday programme is the best I have seen at this level with the exception of Guernsey. Considering the latter have a much bigger fan base and income stream than so many clubs, Knaphill's efoorts have to be applauded and acknowledged.

As for the game, had the referee dealt with the first bad challenge properly a lot of niggle would have been avoided. Windsor were nowhere near their fluent best and had Knaphill been dealt a kinder hand the game could have ended 4-4. Windsor's first was courtesy of a kind deflection which resulted with a chance that even my grandmother could have converted. Two minutes later and we went 2-0 up and it looked like game over. To the host's credit, they hit back soon after with a sublime finish. Windsor guilty of allowing players too much time and space.

Just before half time and another pearler, this time from Kyle Lucas who delicately chipped the keeper.

Second half had Knaphill applying more presure and no surprise when they smashed in a second. The turning point was a red card for one of the Knaphill subs. He had picked up a yellow for a rash challenge on Kane Jones and then compounded it all by pushing Jones over right in front of the Assistant Referee. The irony was that a free kick had already been awarded for a foul by Jones which the officials got absolutely right.

I honestly can't remember if the red card came before or after Windsor's 4th but whatever, the fourth was a bit special as Kane Jones chipped the keeper from well outside the box.

An enjoyable, competitive game with enough to keep it interesting.

Fair match report that Chris. Exciting game towards the end when it opened up a little and I think both teams were worthy of a point. In my opinion we stuttered our way through the first half without producing a great amount of quality although we did have the better of the chances (although you did have good chances yourselves). I think you deservedly went ahead which spurred us on a little, it wasn't until the 70 we really got going. That said, despite the equalizer and a fair amount of pressure you could have easily nicked the win as we left ourselves quite exposed going for the 3 points.

I hope you stay together as your front 3 were a real danger and you defended bravely and in numbers. In my opinion its the best Colliers team I have seen for a long time and you could go far. Best of luck to you! 

So, with just over 1/4 season gone, how are the pre-season predictions going ?

Has the CCL Prem & Div. 1 already started to take shape ?

Are you surprised with the 'current' placings ?

Still along way to go tho' and I'm sure there will be more swings and roundabout surprises in store as the season progresses.

What do managers on here think ?

Your views ?  ,

Knaphill V Windsor yesterday.

I have to say that the burgers are the best I have had anywhere in the CCL and that the matchday programme is the best I have seen at this level with the exception of Guernsey. Considering the latter have a much bigger fan base and income stream than so many clubs, Knaphill's efoorts have to be applauded and acknowledged.

Thanks for your support Hayden! #thirdinthewholecountry-twice!

Also, you still can't beat the Cove chilli burger in my opinion!

If our team are bad I will say so. On Saturday, we were unlucky and I really don't know how the ball stayed out for ninety minutes! That said, the Bedfont Sports goal was from a nice move and you have to take your chances so it's our own fault.

Our match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN122.html

So, with just over 1/4 season gone, how are the pre-season predictions going ?

Has the CCL Prem & Div. 1 already started to take shape ?

Are you surprised with the 'current' placings ?

Still along way to go tho' and I'm sure there will be more swings and roundabout surprises in store as the season progresses.

What do managers on here think ?

Your views ?  ,

Nothing changes with you Bad Guy,?????????????AND MORE????????????????

Have you no views of your own???????????????????

Nothing changes with you Bad Guy,?????????????AND MORE????????????????

Have you no views of your own???????????????????

Likewise, nothing changes with you Smudge thats for sure. .I'm just trying to spruce up this dull forum in trying to get some conversation going, and maybe hearing views from managers on here about teams they have played against.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, look at the thread ''CCL Predictions'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Must agree with this Forum becoming dull.What Managers post on here?Millers the exception to the rule,and his team sit top of the pile,so he is hardly going to give you any tips.Molesey could be contenders,Spelthorne have been rumbled it seems.

whats happened at lammas? i think whats happening at sandhurst is more worrying??!!

Agree Pauls, what the hell has happened to Sandhurst ?  Anyone know ?  Chairman ? Committee ?  Manager ?  Future Plans ?

Their demise is somewhat the likes of Bookham and Dorking altho' Dorking appear to be getting their act together both on and off the pitch.

Its such a lovely club, and such a shame that the following shows their demise over the last 5 years in the CCL......frightening !. 

2010-2011     7th  CCL Prem

2011-2012   15th  CCL Prem

2012-2013   21st  CCL Prem - Relegated

2013-2014   13th  CCL Div.1

2014-2015   15th  CCL Div 1 (2nd from bottom having played 2 and 5 games more than the clubs around them)..

With Sandhurst facilities I very much doubt that they would be relegated but it is indeed sad to see a club can fall so quickly.  I just hope that they can sort themselves out sooner rather than later.