Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ched Evans

Rhodes

Poor b astard, they won't let him work in this country and they won't let him work out of the country. It's cruel and unusual punishment denying a man work isn't it?

Poor b astard, they won't let him work in this country and they won't let him work out of the country. It's cruel and unusual punishment denying a man work isn't it?

Is it, well I guess that's the price to pay for raping someone isn't it, the punishment would be far more severe in other Countries such as in the Middle East

Is it, well I guess that's the price to pay for raping someone isn't it, the punishment would be far more severe in other Countries such as in the Middle East

I don't think you get it Rhodes, not sure you ever will.

The courts hand out the 'price', bigots such as yourself hand out the persecution.

Punishment wasn't enough as far as I am concerned.

As far as I know, Ched Evans is still a convicted rapist. Didn't he have the opportunity to work for his uncle?

I'm not sure that putting him back in the same environment as he was before (i.e. as a football player) is sending out the correct signals about the severity of the crime.

Ched was in a fantastic situation, probably earning more in a week than a lot of people earn in a year and he abused that opportunity. Giving him a second chance in that profession, to me is sending a signal out that you can do that once and then carry on afterwards as though nothing happened.

As I said before, the football clubs have a responsibility to make sure that these players don't cross the line, instead we see too many times those clubs getting expensive lawyers in to cover up the excesses of these players. I probably hold them more accountable then the players on occasions.

As far as I know, Ched Evans is still a convicted rapist. Didn't he have the opportunity to work for his uncle?

I'm not sure that putting him back in the same environment as he was before (i.e. as a football player) is sending out the correct signals about the severity of the crime.

Ched was in a fantastic situation, probably earning more in a week than a lot of people earn in a year and he abused that opportunity. Giving him a second chance in that profession, to me is sending a signal out that you can do that once and then carry on afterwards as though nothing happened.

As I said before, the football clubs have a responsibility to make sure that these players don't cross the line, instead we see too many times those clubs getting expensive lawyers in to cover up the excesses of these players. I probably hold them more accountable then the players on occasions.

He'll always remain a convicted rapist CoT.

I'm not sure the bigots will let him work anywhere in any type of work. You only need to see some of the bile spouted on this thread.

Of course, if the bigots really cared that much they'd be outside Number 10 or at least protesting to their local MP regarding a change in sentencing guidelines.

What gives you the right to decide his continued punishment?  Please do let me know.

'he who is without sin cast the first stone'

I suspect as you ignored my question about thieving, that you are not without sin.

Nor I suspect is anyone else on this topic.

And if he is cleared of any wrong doing - what will be your thoughts then?

What gives you the right to decide his continued punishment?  Please do let me know.

'he who is without sin cast the first stone'

I suspect as you ignored my question about thieving, that you are not without sin.

Nor I suspect is anyone else on this topic.

I spent most of my working life in an environment where fiddling expenses and overtime, etc was accepted as the norm as was petty stealing. Except in extreme cases no-one was ever punished, and its laughable to suggest we were all sinners. I doubt if I have ever worked with anyone that is 100% honest, but sexual violence would never have been tolerated then, and shouldn't be now.

If denying work to a high profile person like Evans makes others realise rape is going to ruin their own lives as well, then that can only be a good thing, and might save some woman going through what all rape victims suffer. 

Rhodes - tell me have you ever stolen anything. I mean anything? Perhaps a biro or something from work or a hotel? If so then are you not a thief? How can you work for a government department as a thief? Of course you do and you do freely because even if you had of been caught nothing would have happened or you might have got a very light punishment. Should you be stopped from working because you stole and committed a crime?

RalphC - It's common knowledge that I stole a packet of Opal Fruits from a sweet shop when I was about nine years old and have felt guilty ever since, I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with your question but it's not exactly rape is it, you and Loosely seem to be constantly looking for excuses to defend and support Evans rather than condemning him.

And if he is cleared of any wrong doing - what will be your thoughts then?

Good point - I've already gone on record saying that he should be allowed to continue with his profession if proved innocent. I would go so far to say he would be owed an apology. At the moment though, that isn't the case. Surely we can only go with the current facts on the case and so far he's been proven guilty in a court of law.

In general, I'm all for giving people second chances, but not for all crimes. You can make a mistake when you're young and naïve not realising the consequences of your actions and you shouldn't be punished for the rest of your life for one mistake. Not for something like this though, there's no mistaking right or wrong here.

If he is proven innocent then he should be allowed to get on with his career

It's a big if though isn't it!

Not really,I think most of the football world seem to think he will end up being aquitted.

I still think he's a stupid boy,and maybe it's a wake up call for all footballers and young men that they should use their brains when out on the town.

From what I understand,this girl has gone into hiding,not because she is scared of ched Evans but she knows that she's been rumbled.

If you've been raped,you don't send tweets to your mate saying you will take them on holiday once she gets the result she's after...she deleted the tweet but it was seen and copied at the time but it was while they were being sentenced and only came to light a few months back,seems he has possibly been stitched up by a money grabbing tart,although if I am wrong I will retract that particular statement

Not really,I think most of the football world seem to think he will end up being aquitted.

I still think he's a stupid boy,and maybe it's a wake up call for all footballers and young men that they should use their brains when out on the town.

From what I understand,this girl has gone into hiding,not because she is scared of ched Evans but she knows that she's been rumbled.

If you've been raped,you don't send tweets to your mate saying you will take them on holiday once she gets the result she's after...she deleted the tweet but it was seen and copied at the time but it was while they were being sentenced and only came to light a few months back,seems he has possibly been stitched up by a money grabbing tart,although if I am wrong I will retract that particular statemen.

The worlds full of money grabbing girls, but it's still rape if she didn't consent.

Anyway, looks like Oldham have had the balls to tell one sponsor to be on their bike. Good for them.

Anyway, looks like Oldham have had the balls to tell one sponsor to be on their bike. Good for them.

Loosely - Like I said, I'll be amazed if Evans kicks a ball in anger for Oldham Athletic

Loosely - Like I said, I'll be amazed if Evans kicks a ball in anger for Oldham Athletic

He could be back as early as this weekend. I would imagine there's quite a few league one defenders who can't wait to inflict serious damage on the evil Evans. 

Vindictive prat. God sake don't ever make misunderstood a judge, he'll have your hand off for a bit of illegal parking then he'll ban the poor bloke from working again.

I spent most of my working life in an environment where fiddling expenses and overtime, etc was accepted as the norm as was petty stealing. Except in extreme cases no-one was ever punished, and its laughable to suggest we were all sinners. I doubt if I have ever worked with anyone that is 100% honest, but sexual violence would never have been tolerated then, and shouldn't be now.

If denying work to a high profile person like Evans makes others realise rape is going to ruin their own lives as well, then that can only be a good thing, and might save some woman going through what all rape victims suffer. 

What a pathetic man you are then - clearly you think stealing is okay.

No wonder we are better without union scum