Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs

I have no problem with the Club allowing him to train with them   -   Playing again is a different matter.

I have no problem with the Club allowing him to train with them

Evans shouldn't be allowed any where near Bramall Lane

I see that singer and patron Paul Heaton is the latest to condemn the Bramall Lane Club over the Ched Evans scandal and has resigned his position. The former Housemartins and Beautiful South frontman said 'Evans had every right to rebuild his career as a footballer but this should not involve walking straight out of prison and into the shirt of the Club he so badly let down'.

Thank God Sheffield United finally saw the light and retracted their crazy decision to allow rapist Evans to train at Bramall Lane, here is the Club's full press statement:

'After ongoing and extensive deliberation, Sheffield United Football Club has decided to retract the opportunity for its former player, Ched Evans, to use the Club's facilities for training purposes, as was previously intended. 

The Club initially accepted a request from The PFA for Ched Evans to be able to train. The reaction to this has been at an intensity that could not have been anticipated when first announced.

As noted in previous statements from the Club, the legal system of this country provides for both the punishment and the rehabilitation of every person who has been found guilty of a crime. 

Sheffield United will not be used to promote the view that professional footballers should be treated differently, as has been the wont of certain sections of the media and various commentators.

In addition, we remain disappointed at some of the inaccurate reporting, misinformed views and commentary, as well as the actions of a minority of individuals on social media. 

Professional footballers must be treated as equals before the law.

The club condemns rape and violence of any kind against women in the strongest possible terms. 

The club is aware that Ched Evans is pursuing legal recourse via the Criminal Cases Review Commission in the determination he has to clear his name. 

'We trust that he will be afforded a fair hearing.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2843092/Sheffield-United-retracts-decision-allow-rapist-footballer-Ched-Evans-train-club-public-outcry-decision.html

A red letter day for the baying mob, expect to see a surplus of pitchforks on Ebay.

Loosely - Just one question if i may, what if you had a teenage daughter who you cherished and she went out one night only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be out of interest

Loosely - You still haven't answered the above question, I'm curious to know as, reading between the lines, you appear to be Evans biggest fan and haven't said a bad word against the rapist

Loosely - You still haven't answered the above question, I'm curious to know as, reading between the lines, you appear to be Evans biggest fan and haven't said a bad word against the rapist

We all know that you can read a world of what you want between the lines Rhodesly.

Loosely - It's a simple question isn't it, what if you had a young innocent daughter who you cherished and who went out one night with friends only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be, would you still think that the sun shone out of his backside.

Loosely - It's a simple question isn't it, what if you had a young innocent daughter who you cherished and who went out one night with friends only to be unceremoniously raped by Ched Evans, what would your reaction be, would you still think that the sun shone out of his backside.

It's what you like to do - put words in peoples mouths. Not my words.

Well isn't that exactly what you think, why defend Evans then like you did with child killer Luke McCormick.

Well I think any intelligent person could deduce that my opinion being consistent on both ex-convicts whilst stating that rapists should get heavier sentences might mean that I'd like our judiciary to be tough on crime but that our society punish criminals inside jail and not out of it. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to work that out. I expect you to turn the argument into a personal one, because that's what you do.

I expect you to turn the argument into a personal one, because that's what you do.

Not at all, why should I do that, it just goes to show you have a guilty conscience doesn't it.

How predictable. Oh but I did. 

Loosely - You defended the child killer goalkeeper Luke McCormick if I remenber and now you are doing exactly the same with Ched Evans. No doubt you will argue that the pair have served their respective jail sentences but how do you think the parents of the two little boys McCormick killed and the parents of the young woman Evans raped feel, particularly the father of the boys who is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

As usual, nowt to do with it. They don't place parents of the victim on the jury or the bench. Nobody needs to feel the experience to have the right to a balanced opinion, the fact that you want to bring emotion into it Rhodesly merely goes to show that you can't make a balanced judgement.

The man is a convicted rapist, (pending any appeals).

He has no place in sport where his past could affect up and coming youth.  And what on earth would the blossoming Ladies football teams think ??  I have spoken to one daughter and two grand-daughters, all heavily involved in football and I daren't tell you what their answer to the problem is.

Just lets say, that it does involve the use of a very sharp knife and a lot of blood !!

Edited by Big J R

Affect up and coming youth? Why? You think any of these lads are Role Models? Get real. At the top level they are petulant pampered over paid thugs, cheating on and off the pitch, diving and playing for fouls and for others to get sent off, the odd racist here, an ex England Captain preferred over the victims of his offences - so an FA and England Management set up that condones their activities. At the lower levels there's hardly a week goes by that one hasn't attacked another player or worse an official. Testosterone fuelled Role Models, maybe.

And so you've daughters and grand daughters who condone violent measures in response? Doesn't that sound great?

No, you carry on ignoring the issue and continue to see football as some sort of noble activity. It's merely entertainment with angels and sinners but winning at any, not just all costs and spectators who prefer to glamourise something they're not seeing.

The man is a convicted rapist, (pending any appeals).

He has no place in sport where his past could affect up and coming youth.  And what on earth would the blossoming Ladies football teams think ??  I have spoken to one daughter and two grand-daughters, all heavily involved in football and I daren't tell you what their answer to the problem is.

Just lets say, that it does involve the use of a very sharp knife and a lot of blood !!

Indeed he is. However he is also a free man who has served his time.

So if a female player raped a man, would you say that she should not play for the women's team again as the men's team might object?

Just curious?

Indeed he is. However he is also a free man who has served his time.

So if a female player raped a man, would you say that she should not play for the women's team again as the men's team might object?

Just curious?

Would you be happy if a convicted rapist was signed by the club you support. 

Would you be happy if a convicted rapist was signed by the club you support. 

If Wealdstone signed one, then yes, no problem.

It is not illegal for people to resume their previous careers.

Should a person convicted of manslaughter never be allowed to work with humans?  

Or a person convicted of drink driving not be allowed to drive?

If he attacked children, then he should not be allowed to work with children, but he was not.

Should he not be allowed to have a relationship?

The last time I looked preventing him from returning to his job was actually illegal. or does the law not work both ways?

If Wealdstone signed one, then yes, no problem.

It is not illegal for people to resume their previous careers.

Should a person convicted of manslaughter never be allowed to work with humans?  

Or a person convicted of drink driving not be allowed to drive?

If he attacked children, then he should not be allowed to work with children, but he was not.

Should he not be allowed to have a relationship?

The last time I looked preventing him from returning to his job was actually illegal. or does the law not work both ways?

That being the case you obviously have very little respect for woman, or standards of common decency. If my club knowingly signed a convicted rapist I would never watch them again.

That being the case you obviously have very little respect for woman, or standards of common decency. If my club knowingly signed a convicted rapist I would never watch them again.

So if you respect the rule of law you disrespect women? Sounds a bit made up really. I've always 'respected' women but this all sounds a bit like some people feeling the need to big themselves up.

Not at all - I have every respect for women.

However, you can't restrict a person from having lawful employment.

Based on your response, I assume that if someone was driving a Ford and was caught drinking and driving, you would a) ban them for life from driving and B) refuse to buy a Ford if Ford sold them a car in the future. Daft isn't it? As I am sure you would do neither.

Why then prevent someone from doing a job that they want?

Or should everyone be banned from their career once convicted of a crime?

Not at all - I have every respect for women.

However, you can't restrict a person from having lawful employment.

Based on your response, I assume that if someone was driving a Ford and was caught drinking and driving, you would a) ban them for life from driving and B) refuse to buy a Ford if Ford sold them a car in the future. Daft isn't it? As I am sure you would do neither.

Why then prevent someone from doing a job that they want?

Or should everyone be banned from their career once convicted of a crime?

If anyone is convicted of drink driving there should be a minimum ten years driving ban, and if someone has been killed, or injured they really should be banned for life, IMO. As a high percentage of cars are bought second hand,and no manufacturer can control that market,   your "Ford" argument therefore is a rather silly one.

Edited by missunderstood