Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ched Evans

Rhodes

RalphC - If you are referring to Amanda Knox I really don't see the connection, she didn't murder anybody. Okay rape isn't murder but it ruins lives and Ched Evans's young victim will have to live with what happened to her for the rest of her life.

I assume you are joking?

Amanda Knox has been found guilty of murder.

Last time I checked, guilty meant she did murder somebody. Or have I got the meaning of 'guilty' wrong?

I understand that Hartleppol United will not be signing Ched Evans, apparently it was a vicious internet rumour and the Victoria Park Club confirm that they won't be touching the rapist, who has been described as 'a pariah' by local MP Iain Wright, with a barge pole:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2881937/Hartlepool-reveal-want-sign-convicted-rapist-Ched-Evans-despite-national-outcry-return-football.html

• 2 weeks later...

Will this sordid story never go away, I see that, incredibly, Maltese side Hibernians have offered Ched Evans a lifeline in football, disgusting!:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894899/Convicted-rapist-Ched-Evans-offered-six-month-contract-Maltese-Hibernians.html

Saw that!

Great news isn't it for freedom to work. :)

What a shame UK clubs felt bullied into not employing someone.

Good luck to him!

Oh and the above is posted as I believe that someone who has served their debt to society should be given every opportunity to provide for their family or should say a child of a convicted criminal who has served their time go hungry and suffer?  Or maybe you think a child or other dependant should?

RalphC - How can you possibly say that and support the Maltese Club's decision to allow Evans to ply his trade for them, I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a publicity stunt as I gather the Maltese season ends next month.

Saw that!

Great news isn't it for freedom to work. :)

What a shame UK clubs felt bullied into not employing someone.

Good luck to him!

Oh and the above is posted as I believe that someone who has served their debt to society should be given every opportunity to provide for their family or should say a child of a convicted criminal who has served their time go hungry and suffer?  Or maybe you think a child or other dependant should?

No thoughts about the innocent victim then? or in your strange world doesn't she matter.

No thoughts about the innocent victim then? or in your strange world doesn't she matter.

Romford Boy - I echo that, the poor woman has been forced to change her name and move five times:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888732/Ched-Evans-s-rape-victim-forced-FIFTH-time-flee-trolls-Attorney-General-comes-fire-father.html

Sure. No male or female should be abused in any way. It is abhorrent.

However she also does not have the right to prevent someone from working.

Of course she is in hiding -  an innocent person does not normally hide or do they? If her life is in danger the police would protect her.

Maybe she is fearful of Evans proving his innocence and her being up in court for making false accusations?  it does happen where women and men make false claims of rape and the innocent party is then punished or named and shamed in the press, whilst the so called original victim walks free. 

That is hardly fair is it?

If Evans is found innocent, I bet you will not come on here and apologise to him.

I assume you will also be campaigning for Prince Andrew to be stripped of his Royal title and banned from working? Of course he is unlikely to go to the USA to defend his name, so do we presume he is guilty?

RalphC - It sounds like you're backtracking and what has the Duke of York got to do with Evans although it's common knowledge today's newspapers have him bang to rights.

RalphC - It sounds like you're backtracking and what has the Duke of York got to do with Evans although it's common knowledge today's newspapers have him bang to rights.

What's this Rhodesly? Are you saying that you believe that the Duke of York has had under age sex as alleged?

Surely you do not have the spine to spell it out in plain language.

Loosely - Well wouldn't you be tempted by Virgina Roberts, the Duke probably thought he was untouchable:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/06/article-1363636-0D608B91000005DC-428_634x847.jpg

Sure. No male or female should be abused in any way. It is abhorrent.

However she also does not have the right to prevent someone from working.

Of course she is in hiding -  an innocent person does not normally hide or do they? If her life is in danger the police would protect her.

Maybe she is fearful of Evans proving his innocence and her being up in court for making false accusations?  it does happen where women and men make false claims of rape and the innocent party is then punished or named and shamed in the press, whilst the so called original victim walks free. 

That is hardly fair is it?

If Evans is found innocent, I bet you will not come on here and apologise to him.

I assume you will also be campaigning for Prince Andrew to be stripped of his Royal title and banned from working? Of course he is unlikely to go to the USA to defend his name, so do we presume he is guilty?

If Prince Andrew makes no attempt to defend his name it's reasonable to assume people will make their own assumptions.

As your stance on the Ched Evans situation is at best unconventional would you confirm you have no daughters of your own, or perhaps no convictions for sexual-related offences, or are you mentally ill?

Loosely - Well wouldn't you be tempted by Virgina Roberts, the Duke probably thought he was untouchable:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/06/article-1363636-0D608B91000005DC-428_634x847.jpg

I think you forgot to answer my question Rhodesly.

would you confirm you have no daughters of your own

If the likes of Loosely and RalphC had daughters of their own I'm sure they would change their tune however I still can't understand how they can defend, and even support, a rapist, it's as if the sun shines out of him isn't it.

If Prince Andrew makes no attempt to defend his name it's reasonable to assume people will make their own assumptions.

As your stance on the Ched Evans situation is at best unconventional would you confirm you have no daughters of your own, or perhaps no convictions for sexual-related offences, or are you mentally ill?

I have daughters, yes.  I have no convictions of any sort - not even speeding! As for being mentally ill - not that I know! :)

If, and it is still currently if as it is subject to an appeal, he raped a female then of course the sentence was just.

In the same way that if a man or women committed any crime, I would like to see them punished.

However, and this is the bit you just can't grasp, is once that sentence is served  they are a free man or women. Free as in free.

There may be conditions upon the release. Such as signing the sex offenders register or not working with minors or maybe even not being alone with children. I have no idea of the conditions placed on Evans. But what I do know is that playing football is not banned and last time I checked it was not a crime (although supporting and believing Romford can play might ;) ) Therefore he should not be prevented from being employed in his chosen field.

What rights do you have to block that? None!

If he raped my daughter(s) then my view would be the same - it has to be as that is what the law says.

As any father, who knew her daughter was also drunk, I might question as to how much she was to blame as well. Whether I would publicly do that is another matter, but it might cross my mind.

If the likes of Loosely and RalphC had daughters of their own I'm sure they would change their tune however I still can't understand how they can defend, and even support, a rapist, it's as if the sun shines out of him isn't it.

I support the right of a free citizen to work. That is somewhat different.

I suspect, given that you support a murderer to evade custody, that you will not understand that.

Rhodes - tell me have you ever stolen anything. I mean anything? Perhaps a biro or something from work or a hotel? If so then are you not a thief? How can you work for a government department as a thief? Of course you do and you do freely because even if you had of been caught nothing would have happened or you might have got a very light punishment. Should you be stopped from working because you stole and committed a crime?

I have a feeling that Ched Evans will sign on with a League 1 club this week.

I can't see Evans ever kicking a ball in anger for Oldham following the outcry yesterday and today although, having said that, the Club did 're-employ' Lee Hughes in 2007 following his causing death by dangerous driving conviction, giving him a two year contract and pleading with supporters "not to pass moral judgement".