Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ched Evans

Rhodes

As far as I'm concerned rapists and drunk drivers that kill permanently lose their "human rights".  

Perhaps you would care to explain how a recovering alcoholic would be affected by watching a drunk driver play football.

or how any person would be affected by watching a free man that has a past criminal conviction for rape play football?

They would not, apart from in their own mind. Which maybe indicates an issue that the person has with others.

What next? Banning a policeman from playing because some of them beat up and kill unarmed members of the public? Banning army personnel because some of them kill people illegally? 

If your own brother, sister, son or daughter raped someone would you disown them?

or how any person would be affected by watching a free man that has a past criminal conviction for rape play football?

They would not, apart from in their own mind. Which maybe indicates an issue that the person has with others.

What next? Banning a policeman from playing because some of them beat up and kill unarmed members of the public? Banning army personnel because some of them kill people illegally? 

If your own brother, sister, son or daughter raped someone would you disown them?

Apart from feelings of disgust,  watching a rapist playing for another team  wouldn't particularly affect me personally. It would though,  certainly have an adverse effect on clubs like ours that need to attract  females, families and the next generation of supporters.

I cannot think of one single person that would even consider employing a rapist, for moral and business reasons, and fail to understand why, (as usual) football seems to think its acceptable to employ scum like Ched Evans. 

So if it was a member of your own family you would also consider him or her scum?

Of coarse I would.

My wife and I bought our three kids up to be decent honest people, and I'm proud to say we did a good job.  In the unlikely event of any of my children committing a vicious rape they would be scum, plain and simple. 

Surely if one of yours was a rapist you wouldn't still think they was decent citizens. 

I must have misheard when they said parental love was meant to be unconditional!

As usual, nowt to do with it. They don't place parents of the victim on the jury or the bench. Nobody needs to feel the experience to have the right to a balanced opinion, the fact that you want to bring emotion into it Rhodesly merely goes to show that you can't make a balanced judgement.

Loosely - I simply asked you to put yourself in the position of the girls parents that's all which you seem unable to do, what if it had been your daughter Evans raped.

Loosely - I simply asked you to put yourself in the position of the girls parents that's all which you seem unable to do, what if it had been your daughter Evans raped.

If it were my daughter then I would have the same view.

The punishment handed down by the court has been served and he is a free man.

He is unlikely to do it again!

Well as you know Rhodesly, anyone else would get an straight answer to a straight question but since we've been unable to get any sort of answer from questions put to you since sometime in the previous century I don't give a toss what you simply ask. Ta ta.

If it were my daughter then I would have the same view.

The punishment handed down by the court has been served and he is a free man.

He is unlikely to do it again!

Actually one in seven reported rapes are committed by previously convicted rapists. The UK also has one of the lowest conviction rates for rape in Europe, and experts believe the reoffending figures to be much higher.

I can only imagine you don't have a daughter, and its impossible to believe that if you did she would share your rather strange views. 

Edited by missunderstood

Actually one in seven reported rapes are committed by previously convicted rapists. The UK also has one of the lowest conviction rates for rape in Europe, and experts believe the reoffending figures to be much higher.

I can only imagine you don't have a daughter, and its impossible to believe that if you did she would share your rather strange views. 

So 6 out of 7 are not repeaters!

These are also reported rapes and not actual rapes. So include women and men, who are simply out to revenge their partners for whatever reason.

I am however not condoning rape in any way, shape or form. Just in case anyone thinks I am!

But stats can work both ways.

Oh and yes, I do have a daughter and a son - but if a footballer raped her, then once the sentence had been served, I would have no worries about him playing again.

But of course I would want to see him convicted.

It's like this wonderful trump card that people think they are playing - "If you had a daughter..." or "you can't have a daughter... your views are at odds with the rest of the world..".

And yet strangely none of the figures quoted, none of the facts bear this out. How many rapists are actually murdered by relatives of the victims? How many people are still left at Sheffield Utd? How many Luvvies felt the need to show they made a stand v. How many didn't? 150,000 people signed a petition? How many didn't?

Again the clamouring minority drown out the silent majority content with the status quo. Gets a bit stale after a while.

It's like this wonderful trump card that people think they are playing - "If you had a daughter..." or "you can't have a daughter... your views are at odds with the rest of the world..".

And yet strangely none of the figures quoted, none of the facts bear this out. How many rapists are actually murdered by relatives of the victims? How many people are still left at Sheffield Utd? How many Luvvies felt the need to show they made a stand v. How many didn't? 150,000 people signed a petition? How many didn't?

Again the clamouring minority drown out the silent majority content with the status quo. Gets a bit stale after a while.

I don't think it is a minority. The vast majority hate rapists and paedophiles and wouldn't dream of ever forgiving them, welcome them into their circle of friends, or employ them. Most of them will quite rightly be outcasts for the rest of their lives and will only ever have their own kind for company.   

If anyone wants to enjoy the many privileges that society has to offer the answer is simple, don't commit the crimes that will make them unwanted by the majority of us. If they don't they deserve everything bad that comes their way.   

I think it's clear you can't claim minorities this, majorities that without being able to back it up. As I said, far more people connected with the club are still there while 3 or 4 celebs possibly merely worried about being seen to put some distance between them did so. 150,000 on a petition is hardly a majority - there are 65m odd people in the UK, there's no proof of your claims.

How is it that you can be talking about forgiving them unless you've been a victim, not your place to be claiming the right it in the first place but many victims do forgive the perpetrators, they don't let it damage them in the way you seem to want to convince us all to be! Making friends with them, wow, you really are gilding the effing lily now Alan. Crikey why should we be supporting them on benefits? I'm afraid you're going way over the top with all of this.

Edited by Loose

Well as you know Rhodesly, anyone else would get an straight answer to a straight question but since we've been unable to get any sort of answer from questions put to you since sometime in the previous century I don't give a toss what you simply ask. Ta ta.

I might have expected that sort of answer from you, had Evans raped one of my four daughters I would have dedicated the remainder of my life ruining him whereas you would just turn a blind eye.

Missunderstood - I think any decent bloke would do who cared about his family but apparently not Loosely, I don't understand him at all.

I might have expected that sort of answer from you, had Evans raped one of my four daughters I would have dedicated the remainder of my life ruining him whereas you would just turn a blind eye.

Well we know you're full of s hit. 

It would seem that Mr Evans has been completely dis-owned by his former club.

Maybe a time to finish this thread.

It would seem that Mr Evans has been completely dis-owned by his former club.

Like Plymouth Argyle did with Luke McCormick you mean