Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 24th October Fixtures/Results Thread

One of your mates from your radio station told me quote, 'Duncs you can walk faster than Krooner can run'not my words mate just saying 

All upstairs Duncs.  Don't need pace with my reading of the game :)

From the another website

Cove 2 Horley Town 1 (HT 0-0) 
Combined Counties League Premier Division 
Admission £7 
Programme £1 (24pp, decidedly average) 
Attendance 35 (h/c) 
Usual hot and cold refreshments available - didn't bother 

Utter dross for the opening hour, during which neither keeper was required to make a save. Mid-table Horley rocked the leaders by going ahead in the 63rd minute when one of their subs was allowed to run on and pick his spot from 12 yards. Cove levelled seven minutes later with a well-taken drive from the edge of the box after the visiting keeper had palmed out a cross. The winner, a calm finish from 12 yards, came with eight minutes left. Harsh on Horley, who battled well throughout. If Cove are top of this league, the other teams must be terrible. 

Oak Farm, adjacent to Farnborough RUFC and just down the road from Farnborough Town FC, is an unremarkable enclosure. The approach, along a lane wide enough for one vehicle, is its most unusual aspect. Three small stands - one kit built - are positioned on the west touchline and provide the only cover. Remainder hardstanding. 

The Cove programme editor-cum-secretary-cum-gateman told me very little work is required on the ground if the team finishes top. The club, he said, is committed to securing promotion. Whether the players are up to it remains to be seen. Shortly before the first goal, he spotted me walking by and admitted it wasn't the best game to come to watch. When even the hardened enthusiasts say this, you know it's tripe. 

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Oct 25, 2014, 7:02 PM)

Worcester Park v Farleigh report (see last paragraph) :)

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/farleighrovers/s/match-centre-1443/1-1018350

Great to see that 'Rocket Ron is still strutting his stuff in the CCL,has he received any long service awards by the League,for his excellent service to the game?How about an Honour from her MAJ,January is fast approaching.Nice to see Shifty back in action for the Foxes also,GREAT KEEPER.

Edited by Smudge

From the another website

Admission £7 

Attendance 35 (h/c) 

Utter dross for the opening hour, during which neither keeper was required to make a save. Mid-table Horley rocked the leaders by going ahead in the 63rd minute when one of their subs was allowed to run on and pick his spot from 12 yards. Cove levelled seven minutes later with a well-taken drive from the edge of the box after the visiting keeper had palmed out a cross. The winner, a calm finish from 12 yards, came with eight minutes left. Harsh on Horley, who battled well throughout. If Cove are top of this league, the other teams must be terrible. 

Oak Farm, adjacent to Farnborough RUFC and just down the road from Farnborough Town FC, is an unremarkable enclosure. The approach, along a lane wide enough for one vehicle, is its most unusual aspect. Three small stands - one kit built - are positioned on the west touchline and provide the only cover. Remainder hardstanding. 

The Cove programme editor-cum-secretary-cum-gateman told me very little work is required on the ground if the team finishes top. The club, he said, is committed to securing promotion. Whether the players are up to it remains to be seen. Shortly before the first goal, he spotted me walking by and admitted it wasn't the best game to come to watch. When even the hardened enthusiasts say this, you know it's tripe. 

Written by the Man everyone would like to invite to dinner,NOT.How dare he say Cove sell the usual food,their Burgers are the BEST in NON LEAGUE,ask Kroons?

Yesterday decided to visit Bedfont Sports v Hartley Wintney - who knows why ?

HW pretty much deserved the win. HW scored first, just short of half time, a shot by Josh Drew after the BS defence opened up for them. When HW went 2-0 up on 83 minutes through Shane Hollamby it looked over, but BS at this point decided to wake up and an excellent flicked header by Jordan Esprit on 87 gave them a little hope. Too little too late, alas.

That goal made the game look closer than it really was. Whilst HW weren't fantastic up front, they did look menacing at times. BS, apart from the last few minutes, were poor in attack. They did well until they caught sight of the penalty box and then all of their attacks just fell apart.

Two sides destined for mid table. Great views of aircraft as usual.

The BS announcer was of the same standard as when I last came, i.e. not very good. He made it up as he went along and then announced the teams without reading through them first, thus getting many of the names wrong. Poor BS sub Addy Osmilajh was announced as " Addy...er...er...just Addy." Still, at least BS do use the PA, something that doesn't happen at Westfield, Chertsey, Hanworth. Spelthorne sports, etc.

One other curious incident. Towards the end of the game a HW defender went down with what the ref thouight was a head injury, so the ref called on the HW physio. But he didn't come on ! The ref waited another 15 seconds then called again, but still no physio appeared. This little scenario was re-enacted again but still no medical help came. By this time the HW defender had staggered to his feet and was helped by the ref to the touchline, by which the physio had finally turned up. Usually physios are keen to get on asap - it's their moment of glory. But not this fella. I guess the message is - if you're thinking of playing for Hartley Wintney, don't get injured, because help may not be as near as you think.

From the another website

Admission £7 

Attendance 35 (h/c) 

Yes thought we deserved at least a point from the game especially with the hand ball in the first half which should have been a penalty. At kick off we counted 21 pople in the ground of which 11 were Horley (And they are top of the League!) Would have thought a lot need doing to the ground for them to go back up no turnstyles stand are all on the same side!  £5 for OAp to get in as well, much better side in the League Ashford are a class above Cove.

Camberley 1-0 Epsom. Match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN125.html

A truly unremarkable game that the home side just about shaded but the hospitality is, as always at Camberley, superb. Nice to meet up with good friends Krooner and VPCTFC as usual and assuming they don't go up, an all dayer might be required next season. Or maybe even in the return encounter at Chipstead?

Just a quick word on these so called 'neutrals' that choose to slag off clubs at our level. Clearly, the guy who went to Cove v Horley saw an uninspiring game. It happens, get over it. Many of these people come here and try to measure us with the same stick they use for their recent visit to a professional venue. Obviously we won't match up to that, but that's why you can get entry, a beer or two, a programme and as Smudge says, the BEST burgers in the League at Cove, all for under £20. I paid £31 to go to Middlesbrough v Fulham recently and nice stadium though it is, we were hemmed into a corner of the ground and saw an equally average game from a long way away.

I'd choose Cove every time and it amazes me why so many people continue following the boom and bust club two minutes up the road instead of visiting one of the friendliest venues on the circuit. 

Great to see that 'Rocket Ron is still strutting his stuff in the CCL,has he received any long service awards by the League,for his excellent service to the game?How about an Honour from her MAJ,January is fast approaching.Nice to see Shifty back in action for the Foxes also,GREAT KEEPER.

Cheers smudge, great to be back with the squad after cricket season. Got lucky to be back in the 1st XI due to Andrew being suspended.

Thanks for sticking up for us EE. Saturday we were severely under-staffed with poor old Graham having to do 3 peoples roles after 2 people called in sick. Not easy but we got through it. Plans are afoot to bring in more help - regardless of where the 1st team finish this season. The club have been reliant on the same faces year in year out (and a fantastic job they do) but we look at some of the new blood in this league....they have an army of volunteers making the game day experience a pleasurable one for players and supporters alike and that is our immediate goal. So if there is anyone out who wishes to help out in a non-footballing capacity and become part of a much needed support staff please PM me.

In regards to the football Saturday, it wasn't a fantastic game but we'll take the 3 points. Despite the Horley keeper not having a save to make in the first 45 we got ourselves in some pretty decent situations but failed to hit the target. If we had of it might have been a different game. It did become a different game when Horley brought on their young forward on the hour...their front 2 are quick and direct, a real challenge for any defence. At this point the game became far more even and could have swung either way. The one thing I can always rely on with my players is their resilience, a quality lost on a few of the posters on here, a quality vital in this league. Undoubtedly there are teams that play better football than us in this league, teams that score more attractive goals etc etc. Through luck or not it was up until last saturday that I had seen my team go 24 league games unbeaten....Spelthorne showing some real character themselves to beat us on the day and probably deservedly so. The team previously to beat us in the league - South Park who ended our then 12 unbeaten streak...

Bad Guy,your knocking of Guildford done the trick.

Molesey 0 v 1 Guildford City,await your match report.

Knaphill won the Woking derby 1-0

Wins for Cove,Ashford,Camberley,Hartley Wintney,Farnham,Badshot Lea,

Yes it seems that way Smudge they owe me a drink ...LOL ! 

Sorry no match report as I ended up watching Ashford (Mx) vs Mole Valley (decent crowd) thanks to my friend, who was going to watch that game, for picking me up so I couuld have a bevvy  :D !

Now seen 4 of the top 6 sides and easily Ashford (Mx) are the best so far.  Hard working team and a threat up top, and equally tight in defence.

Was fortunate and surprised to see some old friends and one who I used to play in the same team all those years ago, so catch up time!   Was a good day ..oh those memories :rolleyes: !!!.... 

Camberley 1-0 Epsom. Match report is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN125.html

A truly unremarkable game that the home side just about shaded but the hospitality is, as always at Camberley, superb. Nice to meet up with good friends Krooner and VPCTFC as usual and assuming they don't go up, an all dayer might be required next season. Or maybe even in the return encounter at Chipstead?

Just a quick word on these so called 'neutrals' that choose to slag off clubs at our level. Clearly, the guy who went to Cove v Horley saw an uninspiring game. It happens, get over it. Many of these people come here and try to measure us with the same stick they use for their recent visit to a professional venue. Obviously we won't match up to that, but that's why you can get entry, a beer or two, a programme and as Smudge says, the BEST burgers in the League at Cove, all for under £20. I paid £31 to go to Middlesbrough v Fulham recently and nice stadium though it is, we were hemmed into a corner of the ground and saw an equally average game from a long way away.

I'd choose Cove every time and it amazes me why so many people continue following the boom and bust club two minutes up the road instead of visiting one of the friendliest venues on the circuit. 

Always good to catch up with Rich and now contact has been made with another sad bugger that I have known for far too long :)

Pack in sticking up for Cove as well.  Bloody Millers is a hard enough person to deal with without support going his way !!