Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mole Valley

manurgrate

Surprised to be the first contributor to the forum about yesterday's match. Another day, another win and overall we did deserve the 3 points as we hit the woodwork three times in the game.

In the first half we were a mixture of complacent and then anxious after conceding the first goal of the day, the ref gave handball and a penalty against Russell. Our captain clearly didn't agree with the decision as he claimed that the ball just bounced up and hit him on the

arm.

We played far too many long balls during this period, for some reason not bringing Tommy and Conor into the game. It was important for us to equalise before half time which we did from a spot kick from Bitz after Tommy was held back.

We were much improved after the break, we got the ball down and played with Conor, Tommy and Mark running at defenders and causing problems for Mole Valley's defence. Mark hit the post and Russell missed a glorious opportunity with just over 15 to go. Then on 75 came the talking point of the match, Mark Bitmead swung in an excellent free kick under the bar, their keeper made a hash of pushing the shot to safety, the bar hit the bar and rebounded away from the goal. The Ashford faithful groaned at another piece of bad luck, however the linesman  intervened and awarded a goal. The visitors were outraged with their sense of injustice lasting into after match discussions in the boardroom. It has to be said that the linesman was perfectly positioned and put up his flag instantly but having said that just about everyone was surprised at the decision.

Fortunately Jack Mullan scored a headed goal from a corner to complete the scoring for the afternoon.

This is a very good Ashford team and therefore there is every reason to be hopeful of promotion this season.

Obviously I'll moan about the 2nd goal but you have a good young side. It sounds strange but its a good thing you got that third as it would have been a shame if that was the decider.

We wish you well and the best of luck in going back up at the first attempt!

Luke

MV

I expect that everyone will have their view on whether it was a goal or not, usually influenced by who they supported and what the final result was. I was near to the goal line, but not in line with it, nor indeed was the Assistant who flagged for the goal. The supporters' reaction was also understandable and predictable.

There were three photographers at the game, two of whom were at the Tank End and maybe the camera will tell a story in itself. One photographer said 'definitely No', which was my own feeling.

Nevertheless the Ref gave it - 'end of'. In a way it was helpful that it was not the winning goal, but Mole Valley's players seemed to let their heads down a bit. Pity - they were a decent side and better than some we've seen this season after escaping relegation last season at the last game, something we probably wish had happened to us, notwithstanding we are enjoying life in the CCL so far.

Now for Loxwood, and we move on.

Glad we won. As for the second goal, I believe the linesman hails from Russia. ;-)

As for the referee, absolutely shocking. Don't think he won any fans from either side.

Glad we won. As for the second goal, I believe the linesman hails from Russia. ;-)

As for the referee, absolutely shocking. Don't think he won any fans from either side.

He must have an extremely LOUD voice !!

:ph34r:

:bolt:

Archived