Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight's Game

theessexboy

The boys all play for our successful reserves and youth sides, and I think you will agree there are some good players amongst them. ... Covo did the same for the Hornchurch game in the League Cup a few weeks ago. ... I think it's a great chance to give them a taste of senior football, although last night one got himself sent off and a couple got subbed so they could go home and finish their homework :). ..... And yes, of course we are aware that the Blues did'nt have a full first team out either.

Also, thanks for your hospitality and co-operation in the bar pre-match regarding all the Ian Wright - FA Cup Draw stuff.   It was much appreciated.

By my reckoning ET started 3 players who started for them on Saturday whereas we started with 9 who started against Peacehaven...

If anyone was in any doubt as to Poole's value to our team, then those doubts must have been eliminated after last night - We were busy going nowhere and he came on and changed the game for us. Pleased that Obafemi got himself a goal, he worked hard and looks a decent player but the support he received last night was disappointing. I might give young Nash a go on Saturday and see how he gets on (If he's not cup-tied in that one too!!)

We got there in the end though and managed to keep a clean sheet which Lumley was due after some very good recent performances.

Well done to ET for getting to the first round of the Cup. I think it's a great draw for them. Monster away day with some chance of nicking something - It's been 7 long years since we've been that far (I'm not even sure we've made it to QR4 actually) and I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully we'll be able to turn over The Plod on Saturday and make it 5 games unbeaten!!

Oh I forgot to mention my boy and his mate were well chuffed at getting Wrighty's autograph and a picture with him. What a top bloke he is.

Highlights of last nights match:

http://billericaytownfc.wix.com/fans#!eastthurrockhome/c1p7k

I'm really pleased that East Thurrock got a good draw, hopefully it'll be a pay-day for them which will secure a healthy future and they may even sneak a win.  Hartlepool are there to be beaten.

Even with a mix of youngsters United were a good footballing side.  Town kept on stubbornly probing and got their reward.  Glenn O'Hanlon had a very good game out on the left-wing and even threatened to score a few times.

JL's assessment of Glenn Poole's worth to the team is spot on.  He was justly voted Player of the Month for September and has had a very good season so far.

Archived