Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CCL Match Thread - Saturday 8th November

Staines Lammas 4 Epsom Ath 1. Cracking game played in the right spirit with both sides trying to play football in difficult conditions. Have to say the referee was superb which pains me to state but credit where credit is due.

Pratt.

Sheerwater 2 Sandhurst Town 1

Decent game in between the squally showers. Penalty blazed over for the hosts. One for the visitors saved. Nice to have somewhere to shelter and a good effort by both teams

Be interesting to see what happens with Sandhurst over the next few weeks :)

Windsor started off superbly scoring a lovely goal in the 1st minute, then continued to dominate for the 1st 20+ mins. Unfortunately the game went on for another 70 minutes and Farnham ripped us apart virtually every time they passed the half way line.

Not good.

Our excellent left winger being played on the right wing blunted us somewhat but after a great run of 10 games, we've now lost heavily on successive weekends. The rain and slippery surface certainly had an impact on the game but whereas Farnham ploughed through it like men, we slipped and slid around like a bunch of bambis.

In summary, not good enough. No excuses, time to dig a bit deeper and tighten up at the back.

A

Was always gonna happen Rother my mate at work is a season ticket holder and I said to him Windsor could win the league if the weather stays fine and all pitches were as good as stag meadow

You have to play ugly sometimes to get points

Referee we had yesterday was the best ref I've had in the last 6 seasons in the CCL. Every other ref wants to come watch him and take notice. Dunno what his name was but he should be ref higher games week in week out. Superb.

Word on our ref yesterday. Pulled up lame after 9 minutes and was replaced by the senior linesman who did a fine job. One of the RPV guys took the far line job and did a very good job, as did the linesman who came over and took the dugout side. Well done to all three of them.

Excellent hospitality as always at Grand Drive. Their officials - including their management - really do work hard to get things done up there. Great effort and see you later in the season.

What a great result for Baggy Lea well done In The Know and 9 0 for AFC Croydon wow.

Yes, Duncs great result and Nick Thumwood scored. Funny old game and I wasn't at the game.

The match report from our win at Bedfont Sports is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN128.html

Very even first half but we got better in the second and deserved the win.

Cove away up next. At least we'll have our best midfielder back from suspension but whether that will be enough against a strong in form team at a ground where we have four wins and a draw from our last five visits, we'll have to wait and see. 

kroons you have heard what quite a few have regarding sandhurst then??

What made you say that mate.

I heard on Saturday as it was on someonew twitter account !