Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Eagles 4 a.e.t. (3-3 at 90 mins)...Eagles win 4-3 on pens

Swifty

Some scorelines can be deceptive. This sounds like a wonderful goalfest of attacking football. In truth, it was arguably the dullest home game this season, a flat match which somehow managed eight goals, mainly through poor defending.

Beads gave us the lead in the 39th, but we stood back and let Sports equalise on the stroke of half time. Joe Green, possibly having his best match for us, scored a slightly deflected but deserved goal in the 55th, only for a speculative standing overhead kick from the edge of the box on the hour to be watched into the net by everyone for the equaliser. Beads stroked the ball home in the 78th and, had we been given a penalty many thought we should have had right at the end, things may have been different. Instead, a wickedly deflected shot from about 20 yards out four minutes into second half stoppage time took the game to extra time. An unmarked header in the 94th gave Sports the lead again before Conor thumped home a 103rd minute leveller, and on we went to the shootout. Tyler saved the first spot kick, but we missed two while Sports scored their remaining four. A very disappointing end to what was a disappointing game. Hopefully we'll be back on form at the weekend.

Some scorelines can be deceptive. This sounds like a wonderful goalfest of attacking football. In truth, it was arguably the dullest home game this season, a flat match which somehow managed eight goals, mainly through poor defending.

Beads gave us the lead in the 39th, but we stood back and let Sports equalise on the stroke of half time. Joe Green, possibly having his best match for us, scored a slightly deflected but deserved goal in the 55th, only for a speculative standing overhead kick from the edge of the box on the hour to be watched into the net by everyone for the equaliser. Beads stroked the ball home in the 78th and, had we been given a penalty many thought we should have had right at the end, things may have been different. Instead, a wickedly deflected shot from about 20 yards out four minutes into second half stoppage time took the game to extra time. An unmarked header in the 94th gave Sports the lead again before Conor thumped home a 103rd minute leveller, and on we went to the shootout. Tyler saved the first spot kick, but we missed two while Sports scored their remaining four. A very disappointing end to what was a disappointing game. Hopefully we'll be back on form at the weekend.

HI all, I have missed  the last 4 or 5 games due to work commitment and have read with interest this forum about the games I had missed , and with the comments made about the games  I thought I detected an undercurrent that things were not going as well as hoped for, so I was pleased to be able to come along and watch Ashford last night, what a shock to the system, a dreadful game what has happened to all the confidence and swagger and scoring goals for fun?

Last night we looked tired and jaded , why? we beat Bedfont  4-1 the last time we met, not a hope of that last night, we were leaking goals like a broken pipe, just as well it was a cup game and not the league.

The only bright spot was Swifty telling all on the tannoy that Cove had drawn 2-2. 

Back to the league on Saturday against Badshot Lea , let`s see the Ashford I have come to know, playing with confidence, passing and keeping the ball, making the other team do all the running, knocking the goals in(just look at Ashford`s goal difference) not the Ashford that turned up last night.

I read that Mark Bitmead was carried off last Saturday,is he ok?(I hope so)  

Could have been better - Cove were two down with ten minutes to go.

Bitz has a slight knock, not much to worry about - he should be back for Saturday against Badshot Lea's influx of on-loan Slough Town players (the word on the street last night, if I heard the word correctly).

We may only have won one of the last four, but the weather and goalie prevented a win against Hartley Wintney, and we still managed to score four in two hours last night without firing on all cylinders. Let's see what Saturday brings.

Archived