Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's Brentford on Friday!!!

fatboyatmfc

As per website, we entertain a Brentford XI on Friday night K/O 7.30......

Bees to bring First team players, reserves and U21's

Who do I cheer for???

I was also at that game. It was a Middlesex Charity Cup tie, we lost 3-1, I think the crowd was about 350, and it was absolutely freezing!

Seeing as there's a country and western disco straight afterwards, shame we aren't playing Spurs instead. Yeeeee-hah!     :D  

The match in question was in the 4th Round of the Middlesex Charity Cup on 13 March 1996, when we lost 1-3, our goal coming from Paul German.

We also played them on two earlier occasions, once on 29 July 1986, the official opener for our present ground, and they were kind enough to come again for a further friendly three years later on 19 July 1989.  We lost the first one 0-5 and the second 0-3.

Double bloody booked!!!

So's the club! Here's how the conversation went before kick-off last Tuesday.... 

Alan:  "We've got a game next week. Ben's lined up a prestige friendly here against Brentford."

Me:    "What day?"

Alan:  "Friday the 28th." 

Me:     "Here?"

Alan:   "Yes."

Me:     "What, the same night as the country and western evening?"

Alan:   "........"

I'll probably have to give the gauntlet back, sir. I'm only stopping at the yeehaw for about half an hour, as I've got to pick 'er indoors up from a birthday party. That also means no drinking!!!

Mind you, I intend wearing a black shirt in memory of Johnny Cash, and if the opportunity arises early doors for a quick improvised attempt at "Achy Breaky Heart" with the young 'uns, you never know!

I'll probably have to give the gauntlet back, sir. I'm only stopping at the yeehaw for about half an hour, as I've got to pick 'er indoors up from a birthday party. That also means no drinking!!!

Mind you, I intend wearing a black shirt in memory of Johnny Cash, and if the opportunity arises early doors for a quick improvised attempt at "Achy Breaky Heart" with the young 'uns, you never know!

You're showing yer age, Swifty !!

Archived