Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 29th November Match Thread

Camberley 3 Hartley 1,probably the right result but not for the purists,at least Hartley were trying to play a bit and at times passed Camberley off the park,but whatever i say about Cam they always seem to win,Hoof Hoof and more Hoof seems to be the way they do things if only they would play a bit more,the difference was Jamie Hoppitt with his direct running and never say die attitude he is a managers dream and i would have him in my team everytime,Hartley looked very weak in a lot of positions and as people were saying why is a good player at 26 trying to manage the team when he should be playing, it don't make sense to me he is way way to young to not play,if he was suffering from an injury that caused him to retire then maybe but i was 46 when i stopped playing(apart from the walking footy)and would love to still get out there.

didn't watch much of the game today as I had to entertain Duncs but other than a 15 minute spell in the game I felt we looked fairly comfortable.

What I will say is that I think the level of dissent has risen this season.  Today though both sides got on with the game.  Late tackles in the main were greeted with apologies and handshakes.  Credit to both sides for this.

Also our shaky defence conceded its 12th goal in 18 games ;)

Edited by Krooner

Banstead 0-3 Farleigh Rovers,

Henry, Burke and Cassim with the goals.

Good win for us and thought Banstead didn't really do anything today. They never threatened us and believe Hounslow last week gave us more of a game. There best and really only chance was a pen at 0-0, questionable penalty at that. We go again Tuesday in the cup. Good luck to Banstead for the rest of the season.

Molesey 0 Bedfont Sports 1

In truth, not one that will live long in the memory.

Pitch claggy but perfectly playable.BS scored after 15 minutes through Dean Thomas after the Molesey defence fell asleep for a moment. Took it well though.

After that the game was pretty poor. BS played their usual way;- niggly, pernickety, arguing with the ref over pretty much every decision, and that from the bench as well as the players. Molesey took up the verbalising as well, usually against perceived timewasting by BS, tho' this was nothing they wouldn't have done themselves in the same position. Not much flowing football, and after the goal, not a single shot on target by either side during the rest of the game.

But fair play to BS - they completely nullified the much vaunted Molesey strikeforce, who looked like they wouldn't score if they played until midnight ( and with 9 minutes additional time we nearly did!). The Moles best chance came right at the end, when Stafforde Palmer got through 1 on 1 with the keeper, but couldn't control it properly and Richardson slid out to gather it at his feet.

This was the fourth time I've seen BS this season and this was their first win, so at least I've laid my jinx.

So after yesterday's results, the CCL must be praying that Ashford beat Cove on 13 December, because if they don't Cove will be at least half nailed on for the title, and this before Christmas.