Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Bees Development Squad 1

Swifty

A useful workout and excellent result against a spritely Brentford team.

We were chasing shadows a little in the opening stages, but settled into a good rhythm and then hit The Bees with a triple whammy of three goals in four minutes (Samad in the 36th, Dan in the 37th and Jack the Ski in the 40th). The fact Brentford made four changes at half time and were made to come out at least five minutes early for the second half spoke volumes.

The second half was played in a higher gear, no doubt Brentford wanted to up the tempo, They had several good chances and finally tucked one away through Montell Moore in the 53rd, but we held firm and Sammy added his second in the 80th. All three keepers made at least one superb save each (Jake came on for a cameo near the end) and it was an enjoyable match. Elz had a great game, but everyone made a fine contribution.

Thanks to Nick for rushing into the Bees' changing room before the match to write out a teamsheet for me, and thanks to Chad for helping me with the scorers and substitutions.

Oh, and Ian...that player whose name we were trying to remember from days of yore? Tim Hollands.

For those intrigued by Ian's comment. I said during the game that one of the Bees' lads could have been booked for having a long sleeved training top with sleeves a different colour to his shirt. I couldn't think of the clothing term and said undergarment instead!

I have the same trouble, Mack. When we had our old club website, I didn't have to log in more than three times over the years it was operational. With this website, I have to log in at least once a month on average when reading the forum on my work PC.

I reckon somewhere around the 100 mark.

Many Thanks.

Archived