Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game Off

GazzaBTFC

It's very disappointing that we have been subject to postponement again, although the weather has been wet we had dry conditions on Friday and all day Saturday. As far as I can see we were the only postponement at our level of football.

A lot of work has been done on the pitch drainage but clearly not enough. The ground is in an area of heavy clay and we all know from our gardens in the area that drainage is poor. BUT it does seem to me that it is only in the last 2 seasons that we have been subject to such problems and this seems now to be getting something of a crisis. Rearranged games midweek tend to give smaller gates and presumably lower bar takings. The decision to play midweek games on Mondays seems a poor one in retrospect particularly if the pitch is in such a fragile condition. Plus our club is not really enhancing its reputation by regular postponements as we saw from last year.

Is there a solution to all this?

Unfortunately The solution like with most things is a huge investment of time & money and a professional team in to sort it out.

None of the above is a criticism of the input by those currently working hard to address this situation by the way.

I agree about the rejigged midweek games being on a Monday is of no help to either the players or the pitch.

Archived