Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

PREMIER CLUBS FOR PROMOTION?

smoking-gun

An interesting subject.

I take it you have read the relevant thread on the CCL  forum ?

Probably a case of 'watch this space'  SG !!

Steve - your are right. Clubs that have applied will have until 31st March 2015 to have the ground up to the required standard.

I am sure that Spelthorne will have work to do, from a visit earlier in the season, but I don't know exactly (nor is it my business!), what the works are and how well-placed they may be to fund it. Things that may be a challenge are toilet facilities and turnstiles.

I can't imagine that Spelthorne Borough Council will be willing to offer financial assistance unlike some other Clubs within the Greater London boundary who have been 'generously supported' (on behalf of Council taxpayers whether said payees like it or not)!

There's also the matter that clubs now have to pay a non-returnable fee in the region of £120 to apply for promotion. This is meant to stop clubs with very little chance of getting the grading from applying, thus saving the time of the ground graders who are, if I read this correctly, employed elsewhere within the governing body and only have two days maximum a week to do the inspections. 

Not sure, but I think Spelthorne Sports would also have to block the perimeter railings by the A308 to prevent people from watching the games for free outside the complex.

Reminds me from when we visited, of the potential for accidents caused when passing traffic, some fast-moving, gets hit and/or distracted by a football punted over the iron railings behind the dugouts. Without being over-dramatic, could be a death or serious injury?

The ball was punted over a couple of times when we played there, and Tony Nolan wasn't even playing!

That aspect alone could be a risk that public liability insurers might want to be satisfied with.

Thankfully at Ashford we are some way off (out of what is known as 'Nolan Range') from the southern flight path.

Oh, and those of you who don't know who Tony Nolan is, go to your room!

Archived