Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ASHFORD TOWN 4 - COVE FC 3

mottwill

After a couple of disappointing results Ashford bounced back to beat the league leaders 4-3. On a a very wet, badly prepared pitch Ashford played some excellent football and gave a very spirited and determined performance to overcome a competent albeit physical Cove side . Well done lads, proud to be a supporter  

For once long ball did not beet us, we adapted superbly and mixed it up when needed and all our goals come from playing our way. Just when you think you have seen the worst referee possible in steps another. Something needs to be done about this as it is just not acceptable at this level.

In a fantastic pulsating game with end to end play, last ditch tackles, great goals( from both sides) 2 players sent off , bookings ,suspect fouls unpunished by the ref, we witnessed both teams going full tilt at each other.

Ashford got off to a great start with Jack Beadle scoring an early goal which put Cove on the back foot , Ashford continued to press and got their just reward when Max Webb scored at the far post. Cove came back into the game with a goal from a well struck free kick giving Tyler no chance , Ashford`s heads did not go down , in fact just the opposite they continued to press even harder resulting with Mark Bitmead chipping Cove`s keeper from a full 25 yards.

After the half time break Cove came out in a determined mood and went at Ashford, it was good to see the defence standing firm and shutting them out. Mark Bitmead got his 2nd goal when Tyler came out of goal and thumped the ball deep into Cove`s half, Bitz ran onto the ball and struck an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner.

Cove stepped up their attacks and pressed non stop to try and get something from this game and got 2 quick goals by them made for an exciting finish, Ashford held firm an saw the game out to win 3-4.

A BRILLIANT all round display by the lads and 3 points well earned.

Was at the game and now cannot be classed as Ashfords Jonah ! :P   Good game but not for the purist 'cps of the piych,  Ashford top their credit exploited the weakness in Coves defence which was lacking mobility and more evident they were slow, subsequently punished for the long ball over the top.  Ashford looked nervous I thought when Cove got to 4-3 with their long ball tactics and long throw.  I am sure the size of Coves pitch needs to be questioned as it looked to me as if it was a school sized pitch, one of the smallest I've seen and obviously assists their long throw to reach a more dangerous area...now its not a criticism, just an observation ! 

If teams want to beat Cove the long ball over the top is the answer, preferably not down the middle, more so diagonals and be prepared to handle Cove's long ball tactics... heavens above what Cove vs Camberley game would be like ! ;)  #neckbrace

Anyway a good win for the young Ashford side which has boosted the league positions making it more interesting, irrespective that Cove cannot be promoted.

tangerines may have won 6-0 if you had stayed away :D

Ha ha the way Ashford started they could well have got 6 ! ;) 

You have a young and willing team but think on the viewings of games this season you may just come up a bit short to be champions this season.... there I stand to be shot down, but just my observations, in thinking Camberley & Molesey looked to strong for your young guns, but if you can keep the team together for a few years, there should be a championship team in the making.  :D

You can't win anything with kids ..........

Hnmmmm....

Gary Glitter might disagree with you !

:bolt:

Archived