Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight

Bill of Shenfield

This is all getting hugely frustrating. I have been monitoring official website all day to see likelihood of game going ahead but nothing showing.

It seems the only way to find out anything is by looking at the Forum which I believe is not owned or run by the Club. jr2710 has posted that the match is postponed and presumably we have to accept that this is true. No offence jr2710, I am grateful for your post but we have had a lot of trolls on the website and it could always be possible for somebody to post misleading information. There are presumably fans from both teams trying to organise themselves to leave work to get to football. The lack of up to date information on our website is concerning and it is perhaps not surprising that there seems to be a general apathy about our club now.

We had a bit of rain last night but yesterday was calm and dry and this morning was very sunny. Is our ground no longer fit for purpose ?

The Ryman official website is now showing our game as postponed.

I agree about your comments regarding the official website - I don't like to be critical if it is run by volunteers, but if we are to be taken seriously at this level, it is just not good enough.  Why can't we get James to do it - his unofficial site is excellent and his twitter feed always appears to be current.

I was not going to be able to get there tonight but I am not at all surprised that it has been postponed. Walking round the ground at the end of the match on Saturday, it looked in wretched condition and Maidstone will be relieved that they don't have to play on it. Unless we get a good spell of fairly dry weather, I am not confident of seeing another home game before 2015 !!!   

The pitch needs some work done on it... That much is true but the work costs... The BTSA has been quiet of late but next season we will be running a few events and quiz nights...

Perhaps the supporters would like the money raised go towards work on the pitch? Support those events and we'll raise more cash and have a good couple of evenings bonding to boot...

This is all getting hugely frustrating. I have been monitoring official website all day to see likelihood of game going ahead but nothing showing.

It seems the only way to find out anything is by looking at the Forum which I believe is not owned or run by the Club. jr2710 has posted that the match is postponed and presumably we have to accept that this is true. No offence jr2710, I am grateful for your post but we have had a lot of trolls on the website and it could always be possible for somebody to post misleading information. There are presumably fans from both teams trying to organise themselves to leave work to get to football. The lack of up to date information on our website is concerning and it is perhaps not surprising that there seems to be a general apathy about our club now.

We had a bit of rain last night but yesterday was calm and dry and this morning was very sunny. Is our ground no longer fit for purpose ?

The ground is not fit for purpose - the website is not fit for purpose.

If the team were of the same standard as pitch and website, Billericay would be back in the Essex Senior League !

With work the ground and website can be fit for purpose and I wouldn't belittle the hard work of many people who give up their valuable time either in the BTSA or the club itself. But I do agree with the sentiment that it is frustrating for the ordinary supporter

It is frustrating and the frustration has been noted... We can't stop those voicing their frustration... And I wouldn't want to but I think if we can support some fund raising then we can turn the frustration into something positive... Open to ideas... Quiz nights are one option... Any others

If options and costs could be made visible for the improvement of the pitch that would help with a targeted fund raising campaign. I think we all need to understand the scope and options for the changes required. Then fund raising can be more effective. Mind you switch back to Tuesday's and the club will get more money out of me every other week. What's the feeling amongst folk about Monday night football?.

It is frustrating and the frustration has been noted... We can't stop those voicing their frustration... And I wouldn't want to but I think if we can support some fund raising then we can turn the frustration into something positive... Open to ideas... Quiz nights are one option... Any others

Gazza,

I welcome your positive approach, seeking fundraising ideas for the pitch. However, can someone quantify the size of the problem and what is required to sort it ?

For those of us regulars who are not directly involved, all we know is that : 1) the underlying ground in this area  has always been clay and 2) the pitch has always had a slope, So what has changed over the last few years? Is it simply wetter winters or is the problem more complex?  So is it a £500 fix or a £50,000 fix? 

I think many of these frustrations come back to communication, so if we are having problems with the website or volunteers cannot give as much of their time to it - lets say so and then people might be more understanding and less likely to grumble 

Here, here BP...if I go back to the ESL days we did have the same issues with muddy pitches and I just wonder if the decision to postpone is not always related to the condition of the pitch, rather a ref concerned that if his call allows someone to get hurt does he end up with litigation risks?...from memory money has been spent over the years on better drainage (I seem to recall in the late 80's?) and wonder if it is something that just needs to be revisited?

..on the web page front, it has frustrated me for the last 13 years since I arrived in the colonies for many of the reasons now being voiced..the fact that we now have the "unofficial" site has been a great boon for me and no doubt for many others... 

Gazza,

I welcome your positive approach, seeking fundraising ideas for the pitch. However, can someone quantify the size of the problem and what is required to sort it ?

For those of us regulars who are not directly involved, all we know is that : 1) the underlying ground in this area  has always been clay and 2) the pitch has always had a slope, So what has changed over the last few years? Is it simply wetter winters or is the problem more complex?  So is it a £500 fix or a £50,000 fix? 

I think many of these frustrations come back to communication, so if we are having problems with the website or volunteers cannot give as much of their time to it - lets say so and then people might be more understanding and less likely to grumble 

I suppose the best way forward is to ask John Mason... or get someone in that can give us advise (no disrespect to JM)

This subject has sparked off a discussion which would indicate to myself that it is a concern to our supporters. The way forward is to look forward and take some positive action ourselves.

Archived