Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Alan W (GNFC)

Weather

Is there any plans being made to ensure the pitch is playable for the Notts game, should the rain continue? Can the drainage stand up to more of this weather for another 2 wks? Might be worth investing in some covers during the week before the game.

A few thoughts spring to mind:-

- If the game is called off, we'd lose the Sky cash.

- Hopefully Sky would show the re-arranged fixture?? But, I guess, there's no guarantee.

- If Notts go under in the meantime, will the Fleet get a bye into the 3rd round??

Hopefully the pitch will be ok and we can all enjoy the day. Fingers crossed!

No doubt if the above scenario continued and the match was called off most of you would blame Andy and call for his resignation

Can't the Fleet adapt like the England Rugby team, and exploit the conditions to their advantage - ie long punt to Haworth for a nod down.

I saw County at Stamford Bridge and they didn't look to bad, but the glamour of Northfleet isn't the same as the Kings Road so maybe County (should they survive till then) won't like it.

Personally and in all seriousness its a travesty that a team like County are in such a dire financial state, the oldest team in England and no one appears to be able to help or care (did the blues donate there Gate Receipts to County?Its the least we could have done with our billion Rubles).

Quote:
James said:
No doubt if the above scenario continued and the match was called off most of you would blame Andy and call for his resignation

I think you'll find most of Fordy's detractors are probably on the terraces, not on here. I know there were a few calling for his head earlier in the season (I wasn't one of those, so I'm not supporting their view), but to suggest 'most of us' is a little wide of the mark. We get disgruntled when we lose or perform badly - like EVERY other message board in the country - but I don't think there's an endemic 'boo-boy' culture on here as one or two people suggest.

James.....I think you are making a somewhat exaggerated statement.

As for my comments recently - I said that if we couldn't get a result against the likes of Tamworth then maybe there would be a case for the chop.

But the team got the result so no problem!