Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th December Fixtures

It could have been really serious if footballers could actually punch properly and connect occasionally, rather than pushing and shoving like a big girl's blouse most of the time. Thankfully, I've rarely seen much evidence of it,

Never mind banning them, just send them into the nearest rugby scrum and see how far their handbags get them there....that might make them think twice,

To many of our knowledgeable posters, one must realise that its worth bearing in mind that because of Camberley's ''lump it'' style of play which is effective in some cases, this will mean their games become physical as its about aerial combat and who's first in picking up seconds.....simple.   This is the reason Camberley had the tag ''thugs'' and bully teams.

Looking at 3 Camberley numbers 1.2.4 goals, balls were lumped in to box albeit very poor marking, but the 3rd goal was a very good diagonal but defender suspect in his positional sense, nevertheless a good goal as far as Camberley were concerned.   The last goal I ask could the Frimley keeper have come for that as opposed to a free header ?

Camberley will be in the mix come end of season as they are a no nonsense team BUT if other teams have the knowledge on how to defend their long aerial ball, pick-up seconds and stop their ''lump it'' style, I do not think they have a ''Plan B'' then perhaps questions can be asked of them, but so far it working for them, its the other clubs nonce on how to stop them.. ..

IF Trevs video was the HIGHLIGHTS glad I didn't go to watch with both team accustomed to lumping it, but I suppose the fracas made up for that, it made me chuckle. Bit surprised the Camberley keeper wasn't sent off as well....and for that disgusting tackle well its all been said.

With regards to Frimley Green's ill discipline, one should be looking at their manager and how he leads his pack ?  Didn't I read that a senior player has taken over the reins there ?   

Word at Stag Meadow was that the attendance was well short of that which has been released. The general concensus being that there were at least a hundred fewer. As for the game, Windsor should have had it wrapped up at half time. Too many gilt edged chances went begging and had we gone in 4-0 up, no-one could have complained. Thankfully, two second half goals sealed the points which is the key thing. Too many times the ball was played without any zip. Build up play was way too pedestrian and we started with our 4th choice striker (Dan Molloy) while George Gould froze on the bench. There was a distinct lack of hunger shown by Windsor which was extremely disappointing as Guildford were there for the taking.

Talking of Guildford, they have undergone a huge restructure not too dissimilar to Windsor a couple of years back by withdrawing the playing budget. Kevin Raynor and his merry band of thugs have now buggered off and have rolled up at Croydon. I can't see their committee tolerating the ill discipline associated with Raynor and co for long. As for Guildford, they never gave up and even though totally outclassed did not resort to any thuggish nonsense that would have occurred in the past.

Ref watch? Easy game for him as both sides concentrated on playing football and let the game flow as much as possible. Certainly one of the better ones we have had this season. I just wish though that Windsor players would STFU and leave the referee to referee the game.

Bad Guy, I Take exception to the way you say Camberley are tagged by whom,other than your goodself of course.Think you meant NOUS instead of the word you used,which is not a word you would like to be described as.How about a report on the game you alledgedly,where going to,what do people call them? 

Edited by Smudge

Just to say if you remember I posted on here 2 weeks ago after playing against frimley, like I said it was the worst 90 mins of football I have ever witnessed for terrible tackling. The no.2 got sent off in this game and also kicked out again once shown the red, I said to the manager at the time get hold of your player and sort it out to which he replied something along the lines of shut up.

its a shame as they have a few real quality players.

The referee at the Cambo game obviously thought that by standing well away from the melee in the goalmouth, blowing his whistle continually like a banshee would resolve the problem.

Your usual superb coverage Trevor.

Word at Stag Meadow was that the attendance was well short of that which has been released. The general concensus being that there were at least a hundred fewer. As for the game, Windsor should have had it wrapped up at half time. Too many gilt edged chances went begging and had we gone in 4-0 up, no-one could have complained. Thankfully, two second half goals sealed the points which is the key thing. Too many times the ball was played without any zip. Build up play was way too pedestrian and we started with our 4th choice striker (Dan Molloy) while George Gould froze on the bench. There was a distinct lack of hunger shown by Windsor which was extremely disappointing as Guildford were there for the taking.

Talking of Guildford, they have undergone a huge restructure not too dissimilar to Windsor a couple of years back by withdrawing the playing budget. Kevin Raynor and his merry band of thugs have now buggered off and have rolled up at Croydon. I can't see their committee tolerating the ill discipline associated with Raynor and co for long. As for Guildford, they never gave up and even though totally outclassed did not resort to any thuggish nonsense that would have occurred in the past.

Ref watch? Easy game for him as both sides concentrated on playing football and let the game flow as much as possible. Certainly one of the better ones we have had this season. I just wish though that Windsor players would STFU and leave the referee to referee the game.

Lazy why post untruths,Kevin Rayner to my knowledge is not at  Croydon,nor any of his players.

Sorry Bad Guy remind me how many times you have watched Camberley play this season ? 

Hi Krooner, I have watched Camberley twice this season and played exactly the same style if thats what you are refering to ?  In addition, the Frimley HIGHLIGHTS gave me that same conclusion...

If you read my previous posts on another thread (I think) regarding title contenders, I mentioned that I would like to see Camberley again to get an upto date prognosis on them, as I re-emphasise they will be in the mix come the end of the season.

I was considering to watch Camberley v Frimley on Saturday, but my prediction that they would win because of Frimleys current freefall, I chose not to attend as I wouldn't get much out of the game, so went to watch Ashford v Spelthorne instead.  I am awaiting a Camberley top 5/6 fixture then I will go to watch them. 

Hope that answers your question.

Bad Guy, I Take exception to the way you say Camberley are tagged by whom,other than your goodself of course.Think you meant NOUS instead of the word you used,which is not a word you would like to be described as.How about a report on the game you alledgedly,where going to,what do people call them? 

To be honest Smudge, I do not care if you take exception on how Camberley are tagged.

On this site, I have read many comments and reports on how Camberley have been classified, suggest you look some up.  Don't think their discipline record is very good either !

Ha ha yeah you got me there Smudge clever boy ! Probably too much Christmas cheer ;) . 

Lazy why post untruths,Kevin Rayner to my knowledge is not at  Croydon,nor any of his players.

Shame on you Smudge, no untruths here about you native club... you're slipping :P  

Reading reports Smudge, Rayner is Joint-Manager with Dickson Gill at Croydon.  

Quote from Gill, he got Rayner down 'cos his knowledge of players, so he took his players from Guildford to Croydon, equally getting the same results as he was when at Guildford losing last 5 consecutive matches !   Good move  ;)

Hi Krooner, I have watched Camberley twice this season and played exactly the same style if thats what you are refering to ?  In addition, the Frimley HIGHLIGHTS gave me that same conclusion...

If you read my previous posts on another thread (I think) regarding title contenders, I mentioned that I would like to see Camberley again to get an upto date prognosis on them, as I re-emphasise they will be in the mix come the end of the season.

I was considering to watch Camberley v Frimley on Saturday, but my prediction that they would win because of Frimleys current freefall, I chose not to attend as I wouldn't get much out of the game, so went to watch Ashford v Spelthorne instead.  I am awaiting a Camberley top 5/6 fixture then I will go to watch them. 

Hope that answers your question.

2 games and 12 minutes of highlights.  So just out of interest lets give another view of the 4 goals.

1 - Excellent ball into the box from 30 yards out that was latched onto by a late run into the box

2 - Well directed set piece that was finished well.

3 - Lovely through ball that was finished well

4 - Excellent cross that was met with a good header at the far post.

So I reckon if I am using those highlights as an idea of how Camberley play I would say that they are lethal 30 yards from goal with their passing and finishing as not one of the goals was a "lump" forward.

I would also presume, as this is basically about presumptions, that you reckon Camberley play with a big target man.  You may want to check out who was up front for them yesterday.

All opinions of course ;)