Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th December Fixtures

Kroons i been to Cam on numerous occassions and have to say out of all the teams in CCL you play the least football,it is very frustrating to just watch every player just hoofing the ball forward,but hey it works for you so don't change. 

Looks like the Camberley style is catching on at higher levels  ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2890420/Louis-van-Gaal-Manchester-United-team-playing-long-balls-Premier-League-sides-follow-lead.html

not so sure if i was a utd defender i would be very pleased with that story, he basically is saying nobody at the back can play so they are told to hoof it up field,does it take a multi millionaire to put that tactic into play or could a monkey do the same job lol

not so sure if i was a utd defender i would be very pleased with that story, he basically is saying nobody at the back can play so they are told to hoof it up field,does it take a multi millionaire to put that tactic into play or could a monkey do the same job lol

Probably explains the rumours abound that United are going to bid for Gareth Bale

Kroons i been to Cam on numerous occassions and have to say out of all the teams in CCL you play the least football,it is very frustrating to just watch every player just hoofing the ball forward,but hey it works for you so don't change. 

How many times this season Duncs ?

more than enough to know you don't get a lot of football for your money mate,but as i say it works so don't change it, me personally i liked the way you played when me and Paul were in charge,all training sessions were hard and included loads of passing and movement routines,we always had a full compliment at training the players loved it and we always finished well up the league and won the Aldershot senior cup and then well you know the rest.

Cheers Duncs, there you have it from a footballer, coach and manager, (and I'm not the only one who thinks this) not from a supporter who would be bias which is understandable. ;)

Notwithstanding my comments, you will have read that I have also stated Camberley lump it style is difficult to defend, works for Camberley and that they will be in the mix come end of season... I just want to see them against a top 4-5 team to assess them to see if they are promotion material.

The short, nippy centre forward is Coles but could that be because Smith and Quashie were not available for some reason or another for Saturdays game ? ;)

You know your football Krooner, go on Camberleys website, there are Trev's videos over the last few years, look at them and tell me what you think is the common denominator is ? ;)

Horses for courses Green Fingers !  What LVG has noticed that Man Utd have tried to play from the back during his early days but they got caught out because their defenders are not good ball players nor comfortable on the ball.  Camberley appear to be the same and take the same approach, but theres a difference to long ball and lumping it in my opinion !   ;)

Cheers Duncs, there you have it from a footballer, coach and manager, (and I'm not the only one who thinks this) not from a supporter who would be bias which is understandable. ;)

Notwithstanding my comments, you will have read that I have also stated Camberley lump it style is difficult to defend, works for Camberley and that they will be in the mix come end of season... I just want to see them against a top 4-5 team to assess them to see if they are promotion material.

The short, nippy centre forward is Coles but could that be because Smith and Quashie were not available for some reason or another for Saturdays game ? ;)

You know your football Krooner, go on Camberleys website, there are Trev's videos over the last few years, look at them and tell me what you think is the common denominator is ? ;)

Never said you or Duncs were wrong did I BG.  Just putting forward a different view and that some of what you say is only your opinions and how someone can view it differently.

In my opinion most teams to about half way up the Championship play percentage long ball football.  I watched Woking Aldershot on Sunday.  Aldershot played 3 up front and tried to hit Williams as often as they possibly could.  Woking tried to hit the ball to their left back over Gibbs most of the time.  Where was I on Boxing Day.  Brighton v Reading.  Brighton played the ball around the back until they decided to try and play 80 yard crossfield balls.

Now interestingly 3 of Camberleys goals came from open play and not set pieces.  Not a bad ratio and not one of the balls played was a lump it over the top ball. Possilby could argue the first was.

So based on 2 games and 12 minutes of highlights in my opinion you have made an error.

But that is my opinion.

And Duncs you were always the best Bottle Carrier we ever had ;)

I'm not sure why any team wouldn't play to their strengths, be it direct style or knock it about. " They played some lovely stuff, but always came out second best"...Sounds like the sort of phrase you hear when a manager has been shown the door.

If you have the players to play one way more effectively, then you need a strength of character not to be too worried what others think, don't you?

So Krooner Coles played up top as I presume he usually does without Smith & Quashie ?

We agree to disagree, as I enjoy watching football this is where my problem lies with Camberley...they don't, certainly in the 2 times I have seen them, and talking to others, that is their style for every game.   Nevertheless, I have mentioned on many occasions, how Camberley play suits them, their players and can be difficult to defend certainly at this level especially if their midfield don't mind doing shuttles which they clearly don't mind.

In fairness, the last time I saw Camberley, they only had one player who wanted to pass and had the ability to do so. he was the little number 4 centre midfield, sorry don't know his name, but eventually as the game progressed, you could see he was clearly getting frustrated, but as I say it works for Camberley except when playing the top 3 teams ;) !!!.

Just wondering if Camberley have a plan B ?

I'm not sure why any team wouldn't play to their strengths, be it direct style or knock it about. " They played some lovely stuff, but always came out second best"...Sounds like the sort of phrase you hear when a manager has been shown the door.

If you have the players to play one way more effectively, then you need a strength of character not to be too worried what others think, don't you?

100% right Voice,i'll give you bottle carrier Kroons you cheeky fat fecker Im was the cone putter outer lol 

100% right Voice,i'll give you bottle carrier Kroons you cheeky fat fecker Im was the cone putter outer lol 

Sorry Duncs mate I was referring to your 1st season.  Forgot you got promoted in your 2nd season :)

Quite right VoR.  All I was doing was putting my opinion :)