Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th December Fixtures

I'm not sure why any team wouldn't play to their strengths, be it direct style or knock it about. " They played some lovely stuff, but always came out second best"...Sounds like the sort of phrase you hear when a manager has been shown the door.

If you have the players to play one way more effectively, then you need a strength of character not to be too worried what others think, don't you?

Reminds me of the time Tony Mowbray was manager of West Brom and stated he'd "rather be relegated" than play like Stoke. From memory I think he got his preference.

Any manager who fails to find the best style suited for the squad at his disposal will not last long. That Camberley have found a style that suits, and gets results is to be acknowledged. As for playing the so called top 5, they did beat Windsor 2-1 at ours not so long ago.

Cam can beat anyone in this league and so can everyone else,not knocking their ability to win games the fact is they have found a style which suits them and that is to be applauded its good management.

As a Camberley fan I don't care how they play. The object of the game is to get the little white ball between the white posts at the end of the field. I don't want to see defenders poncing around with the ball and passing it to each other. I'd be in the bar in no time (in fact, I often am!)

Bad Guy keeps saying the team only play one way. I don't think he's seen TRS's footage from the game away to Badshot Lea this season which, in my opinion, shows they don't although I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong. I've never understood tactics and never intend to!

As a Camberley fan I don't care how they play. The object of the game is to get the little white ball between the white posts at the end of the field. I don't want to see defenders poncing around with the ball and passing it to each other. I'd be in the bar in no time (in fact, I often am!)

Bad Guy keeps saying the team only play one way. I don't think he's seen TRS's footage from the game away to Badshot Lea this season which, in my opinion, shows they don't although I'm prepared to be told I'm wrong. I've never understood tactics and never intend to!

Badshot were so poor, I could have played football in that game !!!

WOW you quote ''I don't want to see defenders poncing around with ball and passing it to each other ''  The games called football and the idea is for players with technique who are capable of actually passing the ball to each other thats the idea of the game...so you saying your players have no technique  ;)

May I suggest you go onto Camberleys website VPCTFC and look at the other Trev's videos and then come back and let me know Camberleys style of play.

Again, I am not knocking the lump it style as it clearly suits Camberley's players and is successful for them, all I am saying is that I wouldn't enjoy watching it, I can go to the local park and watch that for free....but then again, I always have a neck brace in my car for such occasions.  ;)

I will assess Camberley again in the near future, you never know they may play a bit of football but then we wont see VP watching.......as he will be in the bar!! :)  

As they say horses for courses ! ;)

Who is on the committee Copa Mundial ?

Duncs spoke to someone today who said that a ''senior'' player Andrew Grace is or will be the new Frimley manager ?  Could be a wind up but you were at Frimley this season, so you would know surely ?  Any truth in this ?

Apparently Grace was also at Camberley Krooner ?

Duncs spoke to someone today who said that a ''senior'' player Andrew Grace is or will be the new Frimley manager ?  Could be a wind up but you were at Frimley this season, so you would know surely ?  Any truth in this ?

Apparently Grace was also at Camberley Krooner ?

Roo is a good lad however I am not sure the discipline side to them will change with him in charge :) 

Roo is a good lad however I am not sure the discipline side to them will change with him in charge :)

Roo is a good lad who has been frustrated recently and let it get to him on the field. I think he has a chance of binding the lads together.

Reliability has been an issue which has led to indiscipline.

Roo is a good lad who has been frustrated recently and let it get to him on the field. I think he has a chance of binding the lads together.

I've just been in touch with Roo who confirms absolutely no truth in this rumour- another bit of duff info from Bad Guy ;)  

I've just been in touch with Roo who confirms absolutely no truth in this rumour- another bit of duff info from Bad Guy ;)  

Green Fingers please read my post more carefully.  

Just relaying what I was told.  I did question if it was a wind up...  its probably because ''Roo'' will be having some time off from football in the very near future.    Get it know ? ;)   

Sounds decidedly kinky to me !!

:bolt:

Badshot were so poor, I could have played football in that game !!!

WOW you quote ''I don't want to see defenders poncing around with ball and passing it to each other ''  The games called football and the idea is for players with technique who are capable of actually passing the ball to each other thats the idea of the game...so you saying your players have no technique  ;)

Not at all. I'm saying I don't care how they play. Look at those shite European games especially the Italian teams. They pass the ball around for 85 minutes boring the pants of everyone then realise they need a goal so lump it up the field and run after it like proper teams for the last 5 minutes. You're not gonna score goals by passing the ball to a team mate in defence or midfield so stop wasting your time.

May I suggest you go onto Camberleys website VPCTFC and look at the other Trev's videos and then come back and let me know Camberleys style of play.

I don't need to. I'm at virtually every first team game as well as numerous reserve and youth games.

Again, I am not knocking the lump it style as it clearly suits Camberley's players and is successful for them, all I am saying is that I wouldn't enjoy watching it, I can go to the local park and watch that for free....but then again, I always have a neck brace in my car for such occasions.  ;)

I will assess Camberley again in the near future, you never know they may play a bit of football but then we wont see VP watching.......as he will be in the bar!! :)  

Indeed. The social aspect of the club is as important as winning games. If we go up we go up, if we don't we don't. I'm not bothered either way.

As they say horses for courses ! ;)

Going back to last week's Camberley Frimley game, not condoning what Roo did but if he was playing in the Premier League he'd have been OK (example - Cahill vs Spurs kicking an opposing player & no case to answer). Sterling even managed to get away with striking an opponent in the face under the nose of the officials in the same competition....