Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

sheerwater fc

salv

i was sad to read today that sheerwater will be relegated at end of season.a lovely club who i played for in old surrey senior run by one of the nicest blokes in football (trevor),i know the usual knockers will say they have known for 3 years what the morons at the fa decided but they have been treated not the same as knaphill and westfield in regards to new facilities even though they have been told whole area is being re developed but it seems to late for this great little club.LETS rally around and try get some support 

Salv.

I wrote a supporting letter to the FA regarding the three clubs that will now be demoted (barring a miracle or a ground share scenario?).

I hope all three clubs will bounce back though I fear none will return for quite some time to step 5.

I think all genuine football fans think the same way about the FA, particularly regarding this issue.

I said way back in the 1990's that the pyramid system would prove to be elitist. It is!  :(

And little or no support from higher clubs with their I'm alright Jack attitudes either.

For most of the rest of us, we remain under pressure to maintain our standards with little or no help on offer anywhere.

With no malice meant to other division 1 clubs, I hope WPCC and FRCC finish in the top 2 and that CWUFC win the Vase.

Unlikely I know but at this time of the year, we are allowed to dream!

I wonder what those on the Elite League committee are thinking?  :ph34r:

As a teacher at the school that will be sharing the facilities with Sheerwater FC, it seems a shame this decision has been made.

Knowing the prospective plans and what facilitates will be made available to Sheerwater FC, I think it's only fair they are allowed to continue in the league.

The only thing you could say is they will go to elite league until facilities are built and then move back into CC league later on, might not actually be a bad move for them!!

Edited by JDSPFC

if they move to elite they wont be allowed to just move back when ground done they would have to win league i presume??,seems to me certain clubs get more help than others??!! but reply will be this has come from the MORONS called the FA

I feel sorry for Trevor as he has kept the club alive for years. The warning has been there for years and at some time they were going to carry it out.

The worry is now what happens to div 1?

We could lose clubs like S

andhurst, Banstead, Dorking, Ash if no more clubs are recruited

I feel sorry for Trevor as he has kept the club alive for years. The warning has been there for years and at some time they were going to carry it out.

The worry is now what happens to div 1?

We could lose clubs like S

andhurst, Banstead, Dorking, Ash if no more clubs are recruited

Why would we lose these clubs ?

i agre the wall, but i dont think many peole understand the importance of this decsion sheerwater are going to get the new facilities and they are still going to get relegated!!you mention 4 clubs that have got lights so where is the worry?its farleigh ,worcester park  cb hounslow who have no lights that should be worried or have they to been told there relegated ?? who finishes bottom SHOULD be relegated but they wont,and in my opinion dorking should of been relegated last season to but ccl must be panacking but we know how they want to resolve this problem dont we??

bring in reserve sides from higher level which is compietely WRONG.help existing clubs i say

Salv is right why doesn't the fa help all these clubs after all they are the ones who have tried to keep up with this crazy criteria laid down to them,the clubs who groundshare yet again get away with it and they don't even have a surface to call their own,its a fecking crazy world.

Duncs I agree whole heartedly with your comments..  Whilst clubs struggle to maintain their own club within itself, other clubs that groundshare get away with it as not being suspect to the FA criteria, thats where I feel this is wrong.

Yes Sheerwater, as an example, could have groundshared and not be in this predicument, but they are proud of what they have, what they own only to be told they will be relegated.

To meet the FA criteria costs a lot of money, and have had 3 years pre-warning, but clubs like Sheerwater do not have the financial clout hence they have to looks towards help and funding to remain in the CCL Div.1  whilst clubs that groundshare have nothing to worry about.  What happens if a club's groundshare contract expires after next season and cannot find a replacement?

Groundshare is easy way out, although I am not completely against it because its a clubs survival, look at Epsom & Ewell after what over 20 years otherwise perhaps the league will be smaller and not so strong..!!!

Duncs I agree whole heartedly with your comments..  Whilst clubs struggle to maintain their own club within itself, other clubs that groundshare get away with it as not being suspect to the FA criteria, thats where I feel this is wrong.

Yes Sheerwater, as an example, could have groundshared and not be in this predicument, but they are proud of what they have, what they own only to be told they will be relegated.

To meet the FA criteria costs a lot of money, and have had 3 years pre-warning, but clubs like Sheerwater do not have the financial clout hence they have to looks towards help and funding to remain in the CCL Div.1  whilst clubs that groundshare have nothing to worry about.  What happens if a club's groundshare contract expires after next season and cannot find a replacement?

Groundshare is easy way out, although I am not completely against it because its a clubs survival, look at Epsom & Ewell after what over 20 years otherwise perhaps the league will be smaller and not so strong..!!!

Bad Guy,your having a bad day at the office son,nothing is given to anyone in Football,Knaphill and Westfield had a strong Committee,who probably worked tirelessly to get the funding for their new facilities,they had no Financial clout either.Sheerwater in my opinion is a 1 man band,albeit a nice man.However when Young Veteran,Foxy10,Loop of this parish there was a small glimmer of hope for Sheerwater.Alas 1 by 1 they have left,have you ever asked yourself why.As for Clubs who groundshare have nothing to worry about,what a load of tosh you spout,5/6k a season on crowds of 50,does not add up in anyones book,just look what has happened to groundsharers in the CCL over the short time,I have been watching,Bookham,Croydon Municipal,Farnborough North End,Warlingham,retired hurt.The League in my opinion have failed it's Membership by not educating them enough on what Grants/Funding is available out in the Big Wide World that is Football.Bedfont Sports,South Park,Spelthorne Sports,Croydon,Wembley,Knaphill,Westfield,have known where to go,so why not others.

They haven't wasted anything Duncs,they are still going at this level.You could say how much have many teams at this level wasted ,and their would be many.Its a Passion,money no object.

my guess is they could of added some money to the initial payment and had a state of the art facilitie,i know hindsight is a great thing but they must be kicking themselves (or share someone to kick) at how much they have spent so far,have to ask how much is left and what happens when the pot is dry.