Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 3rd January 2015 Match Thread

Enjoyed my little excursion to Camberley today. Not a bad game at all and the better team prevailed in the end. Wouldn't want to stir the 'lump it' controversy too much, but if I had a keeper who could pick out players on the wing consistently with both punts and place kicks, I reckon I'd be a fool not to use the tactic as Camberley did today.

More to the hosts today than just route one, some nice moves....and not fannying about with it at the back reduced the chance of losing possession close to their own goal too.

Both sides played their part, the pitch was more than decent and I got to see some proper football!

I said hello Krooner !

Camberley very impressive second half and Knaphill looked lost and offered little up top.

Home side mixed it up well, this long ball notion is another of BG little hooks to try and get people to bite. Theres plenty more direct sides in the CCL.

Camberley on any dead ball nearly anywhere on the pitch lump it into the opposition box with clearly great success. I laugh when people on here defend it with comments of 'but they don't hit the big centre forwards cos they are small'. The instance they get a free kick, they send all the big lads up (6 of em, all 6ft plus). They either get a header on target or knock it down to a small player. They've scored 9 against Knaphill this season, I can only remember 2 of the goals coming from the boot of a player. The rest were headers (i think).

Look, I'm not knocking it. If it works and you have the players to do it then by all means do it. If they win promotion, it will certainly serve them well in the ryman or southern leagues next season.

But please no one come on here and say they don't lump it forward on most occasions cos they do.

Your 'Camberley dominated the first 20mins, and your, lovely run and finish.'

Ha Ha

Ok.  So we didn't dominate the first 20 minutes and it wasn't a lovely run and finish.

If indeed I am wrong hardly reasons to be called deluded :)

Hardly a swear word Krooner. Apologies if you have been offended. Must have been your banter from behind the goal that's gotten to me.

Yes smudge we do 'try' to defend the punts into the box. Clearly not good enough or clever enough to out jump the Camberley players.

And this is possibly why camberley don't get results against the top teams cos the top teams have better defenders that don't get bullied.

And someone posted earlier that our No 10 was lively but the rest of the team nothing special.....

That's why we are in the bottom 6 !!

No it's not the same player Smudge.

On two occasions I marked a cam defender who was 6ft. Fair enough neither occasion the ball went to us but I did my upmost to not allow him to get a run on me or bully me. When the odds are stacked against you, you gotta use other methods to even it up or gain an advantage. I'm sure you can use your imagination!

Nice to meet Rich at E&E today.

You weren't wrong my friend! (And a very fair report on the website.) http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN136.html

Excellent video as always TRS, many thanks for that. I thought at the time, and still do having watched the vid, that the red card was a little harsh - a bad foul for sure but I don't think his feet were raised particularly. I also thought that Gould's challenge on the keeper was fortunate not to earn a yellow.

Still, another nice win for Windsor.

Edited by Rother

Hardly a swear word Krooner. Apologies if you have been offended. Must have been your banter from behind the goal that's gotten to me.

Yes smudge we do 'try' to defend the punts into the box. Clearly not good enough or clever enough to out jump the Camberley players.

And this is possibly why camberley don't get results against the top teams cos the top teams have better defenders that don't get bullied.

And someone posted earlier that our No 10 was lively but the rest of the team nothing special.....

That's why we are in the bottom 6 !!

Me offended.  You have called me a lot worse :)

don't get too grumpy mate you guys wouldn't have had any points down for this game anyway :)

Our second half against Camberley I felt as a team we sat too deep and played into camberleys hands. Fair play they pegged us back and didn't allow us to get out. But chances we did have to get out we didn't do it well enough to give the back line a rest. Camberley are strong at set pieces which second half we didn't cope.

Forst half however I felt we held our own yes Camberley had chces which you would except which I felt our keeper did well on occasions to save. We did cause them a few issues ourselves and deserved our goal against a good bavkline. Could have scored another just before the half but for Bradders on the line getting back in well.

But that was our first game in a few weeks due to weather and festive period so a good blow out for our lads.

No complaints with the result and wish coverlet all the best for remainder of season.