Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hard luck Canvey

Well now its all over and far be it for me to gloat, though I suspect there would be plenty of that if it had gone the other way, I recall some of the postings after the game at Stonebridge Rd! As you lost at Braintree G&N's victory is academic, just as well as there would no doubt have been allegations about Bedford not trying etc, that was certainly not the case though there was one amazing miss when a Bedford player was about 10yds out with an open goal and no other player near him, he literally had time to light a cigar before rolling the ball in, but somehow managed to hit the crossbar! Anyway all credit to Bedford, a nice friendly club and the whole day was very well organised and many of the home fans seemed delighted that it was G&N going up.

I know Canvey fans will be gutted and I don't want to rub it in but I must admit I'd have loved to have seen JK's face! Perhaps you may realise why your club is so disliked and it proves you can't buy success, and how Canvey would survive in the Conference on such low crowds is another matter. It's a shame though that both clubs couldn't have gone up, there's been a lot of talk about restructuring but a simple answer would be to merge the present Conference and Division 3 into a Conference north/south with three teams relegated from each thus allowing two up from each of the Ryman, DM and Unibond Prem divisions.

...a high bouncing ball through the middle, confussion in the Gravesend defence,defender heads the ball past the outcoming keeper,Justin Griffiths rounds the pair of them,is the ball going in ? will it require assistance ? it's past the penalty spot,it might be going wide!!! it's into the 6yd box, it is going wide!!! assistance required!!! HIT IT!!!!! GOAL??? NOOOOOOOOOOO...CROSSBAR.This game was videoed.You must watch it.Canvey/Bedford/G&N conspirecy theories??? Never.See ya next season.