Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Camberley style

Went to watch hanworth cambo Saturday, although their first intention is to get the ball forward they did pass it around well once they got in the oppositions final third, playing with good width. For me, the key thing for any team playing against them would be to play a high defensive line, this would obviously have to be worked on previous but should make the long kick less effective. I would ask a centre midfielder to drop in to make it a back 5 on all set pieces where they look to kick long and effectively defend as a 4-5-1, converting back to whatever formation you play when in possession. They often throw the ball back to the keeper from throw ins anywhere in their half so getting a striker to block that is an easy win for any team. Also avoid giving anyway any needless throw ins in your final third as they will fill the box and cause trouble.

Second balls are a must win for any team looking to be successful against them, they often win the first ball due to the keepers accurate kicking and intelligence to isolate their strongest header of the ball with the defences weakest, usually a full back. Once a long ball has been played forward, it would be important to drop off anticipating them winning the header and concentrating more on winning this second ball, sounds simple but having watched them a few times this season it's surprising how many times teams will try and compete with them aerially and come off second best.

As I said they do lack a bit pace all over the pitch so if you are able to get good possession to your quick players I feel you can cause them problems, the centre halfs are strong with most things in front of them but anything down the sides or over their head exposes a weakness.

Sorry to go on and on but couldn't sleep

So 16 games unbeaten,what your really saying is the opposition Managers have not got a Scooby Do.After your very detailed in depth scouting report,we can expect Camberley not to win another game,what would you suggest Hanworth Villa do,11 games without a Win.

Smudge have a re check on the 11 without a win, does that include cup games? If so we beat Knaphill in the SCC, if it doesn't then our last league win was against Horley (less than 11 games)

5 of those fixtures we conceded in "Fergie Time" so quite apparent what we need to do

I wouldn't say you was rubbish, but it did annoy your fans but you got a huge cheer from the home support

I think I remember the throw in.  Ref gave it Camberley however he was wrong and it should have been to HV !!

Dont remember getting a free kick wrong ?

Smudge have a re check on the 11 without a win, does that include cup games? If so we beat Knaphill in the SCC, if it doesn't then our last league win was against Horley (less than 11 games)

5 of those fixtures we conceded in "Fergie Time" so quite apparent what we need to do

Apologies T.V,I was of cause mistaken you are 6 without a Win,Frimley Green are 11 without a win.Improve Fitness maybe? Maybe do a Bedfont Sports,who are currently 5 without a Win.

Edited by Smudge

No wonder Camberley are playing well, they've even started using their own supporters as officials :)

Personally, I have seen Epsom play Camberley on 56 separate occasions (scary!) and have seen them play on five others. I also followed them to Brentford in the FA Cup many years ago and even went there as a ground hopper thinking that with Epsom being in the Isthmian Premier we would never drop back down to their level. How wrong I was!!

However, my points (for there are two) are that firstly there are many clubs in that neck of the woods. If you don't like the style or the football on offer, go elsewhere. Premier League it ain't but then it is only £6! What actually are you expecting? Would Arsenal fans prefer the last five years when they won little, or the George Graham days when they weren't so attractive but picked up shedloads of honours?

Secondly, this is non league football, so it's more than just the game. I've known some of the guys down there for over 25 years and count them as some of my best mates in football who I would happily have a beer or six with. Krooner Park is a proper football ground with character and decent facilities and the game is usually on. What's the problem?

I'd rather be involved with a team that play to their strengths than one that try to get players sent off all the time (cough, cough Molesey) or moan from the stand and bench all the time (Ashford). If Camberley go up and Epsom have a day off, I will definitely watch some of their matches in the Southern League South and West because it's about so much more than just the game itself.

I'd rather be involved with a team that play to their strengths than one that try to get players sent off all the time -

looking at your current record - and you have actually commented on this yourself - I don't think people have had to try that hard to get your players sent off.

See you tomorrow, weather permitting, should be a good game.

To use an old term we don't hear on here very often, was that a bite Steve? Good to see that you don't deny it though  :)

See you tomorrow, as you say, weather permitting. I think the bad stuff is mostly due on Wednesday so hopefully we'll get it done. I don't imagine you want a fixture backlog this season.

Edited by E&E Rich

No wonder Camberley are playing well, they've even started using their own supporters as officials :)

Personally, I have seen Epsom play Camberley on 56 separate occasions (scary!) and have seen them play on five others. I also followed them to Brentford in the FA Cup many years ago and even went there as a ground hopper thinking that with Epsom being in the Isthmian Premier we would never drop back down to their level. How wrong I was!!

However, my points (for there are two) are that firstly there are many clubs in that neck of the woods. If you don't like the style or the football on offer, go elsewhere. Premier League it ain't but then it is only £6! What actually are you expecting? Would Arsenal fans prefer the last five years when they won little, or the George Graham days when they weren't so attractive but picked up shedloads of honours?

Secondly, this is non league football, so it's more than just the game. I've known some of the guys down there for over 25 years and count them as some of my best mates in football who I would happily have a beer or six with. Krooner Park is a proper football ground with character and decent facilities and the game is usually on. What's the problem?

I'd rather be involved with a team that play to their strengths than one that try to get players sent off all the time (cough, cough Molesey) or moan from the stand and bench all the time (Ashford). If Camberley go up and Epsom have a day off, I will definitely watch some of their matches in the Southern League South and West because it's about so much more than just the game itself.

...and you were doing so well.

It is indeed non-league football, but what it means to those who watch it, especially those who PAY money they earn to get in, is individual to them. To me, it's escapism and a chance to do something I enjoy. It isn't any more than that. You don't have to be Norman Namedropper to enjoy it or lose perspective of life to do so either.

Good to see that you don't deny it though   :)   

......mmm, I think we'll leave this subject now. :doh: 

On a different note and not wanting to seem patronising, I've been looking at your website just now which I have not really done before and must say that it really is as good as I've seen. Credit where credit is due and I take my hat off to you - quality work!

Hope we can get the game on, as it is one I have been looking forward to, and we will soon run out of available Tuesday nights if we get any more postponed, so fingers crossed.

So 16 games unbeaten,what your really saying is the opposition Managers have not got a Scooby Do.After your very detailed in depth scouting report,we can expect Camberley not to win another game,what would you suggest Hanworth Villa do,11 games without a Win.

Hanworth will be disappointed with the manner in which they conceded the goals but can't complain with the overall result. Seem to lack a leader, someone who will organise people and be commanding prefebly in either midfield or defence. First half there was a distinct lack of energy, second to almost all 2nd balls and looked liked they hadn't played for a few weeks. They made a couple changes at half time and didn't concede 2nd half, the energy increased but they were chasing the game, so doubt fitness is much of an issue. They had two good chances, both at the end of each half and will be disappointed they didn't convert one but that would have been extremely harsh on cambo. Saw them lose 2-1 at horley about a month ago and were much better then, deserved to win but wasn't clinical enough in front of goal and got punished at the death

Officials were good, few niggly fouls but no real dramas, been a long time reader of this site and had no idea krooner was running the line first half, thought he done well, didn't look out of place at all (he didn't pay me to say that either)

Looking forward to my next game already

The strange thing was, Krooner was approached to run the line by Hanworth people as soon as he walked into the ground. We didn't have time to offer him as an option.

He's got his own little fan club at the Ranch. Actually, thinking about it, if they want to offer us a few quid to transfer him I'm sure we'd consider it.